Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

fdf 1.1 seem to have worked around it, or maybe they do their sounds a different way, any chance of them lending you a hand?

huh.gif

fdf 1.1 seem to have worked around it, or maybe they do their sounds a different way, any chance of them lending you a hand?

huh.gif

Yeah Pred, "Think Outside the Damn Box" LOL, if it aint possible one way, there's nobody saying it aint possible the other way wink_o.gif

just looked at your mod on you tube and i must say it sounds really nice so ive downloaded it but i aint got a clue where it goes please help

I just tried the sound mod with 1.08

Some bugs...

The aim of some weapons (one over all the m4 SD) is bad..

Guns go clearly over the red dot...and yes i got the original game with no crack of course.

Anyway the sound are pretty good...

I don't like the Russian PK sound, and the russian attack chopper sound...

just tested the new version. sounds are quite good. especially the m4 / m16 ones. maybe that is a sound issue on my system, but the explosions seem to be too faint. they could be much (!wink_o.gif louder. Escpecially when muffled by distance.

The aim of some weapons (one over all the m4 SD) is bad..

Guns go clearly over the red dot...and yes i got the original game with no crack of course.

Confirmed, I just tested. Only noticed this with the silenced M4, I also tested without the mod to make sure it wasn't just ArmA.

Grenades launched from GLs seem pretty faint, but the hand grenades sound good.

can someone please tell me how to install it what folder does it go in
There's this file called: Don't Readme in the package.

It was meant as a joke; So Suggestion is to actually DO Readme smile_o.gif

Wow, a new bunch of analphabets arrived goodnight.gif

Just like sickboy said, readme...

If you obey the "Don't read me" rule: Read it NOW yay.gif

I did not change the config, so the M4 SD issue can't be my fault, at least, I doubt replacing a sound changes the zero range.

As you can read in my previous post(s) I am pretty much upset at the trainload of "how do I's".

If I got a $ for such questions each time, I could buy a new home on Jupiter...

The purpose of a ReadMe is to read it. If you don't understand the content, read it again. If this also fails, try to start top left and proceed to the bottom right.

If this is a no-go, too, go to school.

If you are not able to read english, ask me, I can speak german and maybe someone on those forums can translate to punjabi.

Seriously: Please read the documentation FIRST and ask questions later. If you are not familiar with mod-folder installation, do a quick internet search FIRST and ask questions later.

I can understand if you don't speak a specific language but I never read about this barrier...

What is the -mod modernwarfare for ? (or something like that)

I put it on the shortcut, test and mod work, I delete it on the shortcut and the mod still working.

you installed it incorrectly.

it's meant to be in it's own mod folder - not the addons, hence the -mod function.

smile_o.gif

Well it's better to copy it in addons folder and don't use the command line -mod.. that gave you access on the server who don't allow mod.. (can't joint kellys heroes when -mod apply, but can join it when i don't put it, and i got the modern warfare sounds)

I did not change the config, so the M4 SD issue can't be my fault, at least, I doubt replacing a sound changes the zero range.

I just tested it with and without your mod right before I posted. It only happens with the mod.

Edit: I just had a look at your config to see if I could find the problem, so far I have no idea what it could be crazy_o.gif

Ok, let me see if they changed some config related stuff that could cause such behaviour.

Edit: Uploaded RC2 of v0.155_SO with a slight change. I used a different class for the M4SD than BIS default (I was referring to the M4A1 not the M4A1M).

Se first page for d/l. Not tested, but should be all right now.

Also changed the sound of the M249 (cut some noise before the actual shot), let me know if this is better.

all fixed. m249 sounds a dream now, and the m4aimpoint works correctly.

nice work pred.

smile_o.gif

Is there a different site I can download v0.155 RC2 other than armaholics.com? Ever since the patch 1.08 came out, I only get 4kbps for any download. I can't imagine A'holics.com servers are still packed after 2+days. If you can post a mirror site i'd appreciate it.

Is there a different site I can download v0.155 RC2 other than armaholics.com? Ever since the patch 1.08 came out, I only get 4kbps for any download. I can't imagine A'holics.com servers are still packed after 2+days. If you can post a mirror site i'd appreciate it.

i get it at 800+kbs from them, so it's you.

crazy_o.gif

I don't know how it could be me. I get 600-800+ on every other website I've downloaded stuff from.

I think it's you...... Luck can be a wonderful thing. rofl.gif

Great mod mate.Also a weird thing: when you disable a T-72 and the crew bales then the tank starts spinning around wildly.

yea, right. After you mentioned it, I experienced the same thing last night. Tanks spinning around.

Very nice smile_o.gif

Now just add that belt sound to infantry MG's reloading and it will be perfect. It sounds like one just puts the box in place, but the belt is never actually pulled to it's place.

Sorry for asking this but where is the version that works with 1.05? I'm reverting to that version because my squad doesn't like the buggy new features of 1.08.

Cheers

I don't have that version anymore, 1.05 is fully unsupported now.

Try to find some out-dated mirror fanpages biggrin_o.gif

Without any feedback on the RC2, I won't start the config mod, need to find the correct volumes for vehicles and explosions/weapons first.

Maybe it's me but M24 reload after firing and replace ammo clip sound bit strange to me. (a little clic clic clic in the "background" ?)

Great work Predator!

The new g36 sound blow me away crazy_o.gif

But i think u need to give the explosions a better and louder BooooMMM and can u make the m4,m16a2 sounds a little bit louder, something like the g36 sound  rofl.gif