Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Hi overkill,

Ill try to help, I'm not 100% on how these things work but I'll tell you what I did to get the sound only mod running.

I extracted the mod to the addons folder in the main arma directory (not the beta addons folder) so you should have the modwar.pbo and the modwar_cfg.pbo in the addons folder of the main arma directory. Then theres no need to use the '-mod=ModWarSound' in the shortcut target line. Now just run the start beta patch shortcut and all should be well.

I really hope this helps smile_o.gif (if ive got this wrong guys please tell me)

Thanks,

Steven.

nope, your correct, that is his problem. You need to extract it to your arma/addons folder not your arma/beat folder. biggrin_o.gif

Hi overkill,

Ill try to help, I'm not 100% on how these things work but I'll tell you what I did to get the sound only mod running.

I extracted the mod to the addons folder in the main arma directory (not the beta addons folder) so you should have the modwar.pbo and the modwar_cfg.pbo in the addons folder of the main arma directory. Then theres no need to use the '-mod=ModWarSound' in the shortcut target line. Now just run the start beta patch shortcut and all should be well.

I really hope this helps  smile_o.gif  (if ive got this wrong guys please tell me)

Thanks,

Steven.

so if I do what you have said, then when I open up my addons folder I see the original pbo's and.wss files. I simply dump the modwarsound folder in there, or do I need to unpbo the predator pbo, then copy and paste all the files to my addons folder along with the other bin pbofile from the modwarsound/dta folder?

no sry, i made a mistake, extract the modwarsound folder into your arma root directory, and you'll be all set, thats all you have to do, plus the extension for the shortcut, but you already did that.

no sry, i made a mistake, extract the modwarsound folder into your arma root directory, and you'll be all set, thats all you have to do, plus the extension for the shortcut, but you already did that.

yes I have done that and it will work for ver 1.05, but not for 1.07. I've played around with changing the order around with the commands . first -nopsplash, -mod=beta; modwarsound or -mod=modwarsound; beta, etc, but it still will not work.

Hi overkill,

I really hope this helps  smile_o.gif  (if ive got this wrong guys please tell me)

Thanks,

Steven.

ok, I'm an idiot, please disregard that last reply to you. It works just like you said. I confused myself with the older soundmod for 1.05, and never found the two specific pbo's you were referring to. Thanks a million, it's been so frustrating and you've totally made my day! Now only if I can figure out why "Armaspy" will not let me join other 1.07 games.

You guys should learn reading...everything is mentioned in the readme and it is not that difficult at all.

Extract to ArmA main folder, add shortcut extension, launch.

It is amusing how people try everything to launch a mod biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, the 1.08 version will be released after the patch, don't want to hotfix anything because BIS changed the configs.

If there is something you think should be changed, let me know.

Hi overkill,

Thanks,

Steven.

ok, I'm an idiot, please disregard that last reply to you. It works just like you said. I confused myself with the older soundmod for 1.05, and never found the two specific pbo's you were referring to. Thanks a million, it's been so frustrating and you've totally made my day! Now only if I can figure out why "Armaspy" will not let me join other 1.07 games.

Hi overkill.

I'm glad I was able to help smile_o.gif

Thanks,

Steven.

You guys should learn reading...everything is mentioned in the readme and it is not that difficult at all.

Extract to ArmA main folder, add shortcut extension, launch.

It is amusing how people try everything to launch a mod biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, the 1.08 version will be released after the patch, don't want to hotfix anything because BIS changed the configs.

Thanks a million for the sound mod Predator, it's awesome! I did read, but what through me off was that when I first installed this mod, I thought I remembered having to extract and combine certain PBO's. That being said, I was never quite sure whether I was ever on the right path. Also having a 7 and 2 year old, full time job etc, doesn't allow me the time I once had to play around with the PC. Once again, thanks!

Any word on the issue of humvees and some other land vehicles sounding very weak compared to the official sounds? Notice the FDF soudmod v1.1 has a fix to make the land vehicles more audible, but nothing has been mentioned here, which is a shame as I have had to stop using your mod because it puts me at a disadvantage online.

Also with the last patch in vehicles (like tanks and aircraft), occasionally you could hardly hear any external sounds, dont think its changed with this patch?

Preadator the sound of the gun fir was amazing i even heared a slight hmmmm when the cannon was firing biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Good job

ModWar v0.152_C_BETA

If this is the latest version?

ModWar v0.152_C_BETA

If this is the latest version?

Afaik yes.

Mfg Medicus smile_o.gif

"v0.153 Sound Only" say in the "Don't readme" biggrin_o.gif of the one I downloaded from Armaholic's download section.

BTW, did BIS forgot to add GP25 HE to the amo boxes?

huh.gif

I'm spitchless with this pack, it really makes me enjoy this game even more.

"v0.153 Sound Only" say in the "Don't readme"  biggrin_o.gif of the one I downloaded from Armaholic's download section.

BTW, did BIS forgot to add GP25 HE to the amo boxes?

huh.gif

I'm spitchless with this pack, it really makes me enjoy this game even more.

"v0.153 Sound Only" huh.gif?

Can you give me a link?

Ok I've got it:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=677

icon_rolleyes.gif  ah... shit, I'm blind smile_o.gif

edit1:

Are You guys (Predator and Chammy) are working together?

Naw, he just likes to pimp his mod in everyone else's thread.

Naw, he just likes to pimp his mod in everyone else's thread.

It's an awesome mod, I see why tounge2.gif

I have to say the same as for the FDF mod: incredible and thanks!

I love that war ambience you created in the video above with distant sounds, radio chatters and a very nice detail: the troops shouting with real voices instead of the standard ones.

Really nice work

Cheers

biggrin_o.gif

Since Chammy and I colaborate on some level it is nothing serious, but could you PLEASE post in the chammy topic if you like to comment on his soundpack?

I use this thread as a feedback source for MY project and can't read your mind which soundmod you are referring to.

Thanks. Chammy and I try to create two tastes but there are two threads for some purpose...

I would use your sound mod, but the config file changes turn me away, perhaps if it was just the sounds i wud, but i like my focus mode tounge2.gif

Since Chammy and I colaborate on some level it is nothing serious, but could you PLEASE post in the chammy topic if you like to comment on his soundpack?

I use this thread as a feedback source for MY project and can't read your mind which soundmod you are referring to.

Thanks. Chammy and I try to create two tastes but there are two threads for some purpose...

That's to bad, both of You are very good. You should issue one pack together (it's only suggestion).

For know I'm using Your sound pack and it's awesome smile_o.gif

Thx man, it's much better then FDF SP.

Best regards.

@winters : The latest version is sound only whistle.gif

@mantez: I don't care who uses what mod as long as there are no comparisions.

FDF != Chammy != ModWarSound

Three different styles, three different tastes and I see ppl posting on all three threads commenting on the good work.

It's nice to have some pleased customers, but I need more feedback for improvements.

The thing that actually worries me is the user-created-custom-soundmod from all three packs.

This is not permitted, supported and fair. I know some guys changing the sounds to their liking and some even post errors on those boards, because something is not right.

Another issue I can't cope with are the analphabets. Not reading the first post, or even the readme, asking obvious questions and such.

I might look down from my highground right now, but the first things I do when trying a new addon/mod is reading.

Most people don't read the manual for their new car and after several years find out they got direction indicators / turn lights biggrin_o.gif

oo0o00, i will definately use it for a while, and they are fabulous sounds predator, nicely done