Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Pk v1, m249 the poor quality clip and m240 v3, those were my favorites...

PK V5 sounded amazing! Closely followed by, well, all the other versions, because they were all excellent!

M249 V4 (the low quality one) was great

M240 V3 was excellent, IMO, but, again, so were all the others. smile_o.gif

So if you ask me:

PK; V5

M249; V4 (low quality one)

M240; V3

Can I once again say what an AMAZING job you are doing! You are improving the overall feel of this game with leaps and bounds and me and the ten other people I play with swear by your sound mod. Keep it up!

Predator, the modwar sounds work fine. It's your config mod that's borked.

And yes, the entire @ModWar folder is extract to the main ArmA directory, and -mod=@ModWar shortcut was added to the command line, just like we do with any other mod.

Btw - GREAT work on the new sounds. Here are my favs:

- PK v2

- M249 v5

- M240 v2

The m4, rifle & AT4 sound great.

The config mod is not compatible with 1.07b of course. It was written for 1.04.

New config mod will be released after the final patch is out.

I am uploading a raw cut of most of the weapons being fired.

Double checked on authenticity and it also corresponds with my experience in firearms.

Some sounds are still not correct, just better than vanilla, let's pretend it's WIP.

To write down which sounds are (close to) final:

- M249

- M240

- MP5SD

- M4 & SD

- M4 SPR

- M16

- Mk19

- M203

- AT4

- GAU-8

- M61

- M24

- M107

- M2HB

- DShKM

- RPG-7

- SVD

- Strela

- TOW

- Javelin

- M134

- KA-50 engine

- AH-1 engine

- M1A1 engine, treads, servo

- AZP-23

- UH-60 engine

That's the list for now. Changes are unlikely but not impossible. Without proper criticism by most of the users, I won't change them, because I like those.

PK: v5 made me wet myself... inlove.gif

m249: v1 or v3

m240: v1

Maybe it's just me, but the suppressed weapon sounded weird.

AT was awesome.

Maybe its just me but with the 0.154 release it seems that cars such as the Humvee's and UAZ's and probably a few others are almost inaudible at distances above ~100m.

I'm loving the progress being made by you guys.

PK: v5 made me wet myself... inlove.gif

m249: v1 or v3

m240: v1

Maybe it's just me, but the suppressed weapon sounded weird.

AT was awesome.

yeah the m4silenced does sound weird, that sound you hear is the bullet with that supersonic type, since its annoying I will do away with it, I threw it in there just to get some opinions on it, I heard a couple off of someones sound thingy that sounded better.

I would say

PK v5

M249 v1 or v3 (v1 is slightly better)

M240 v2

Alright, first off, I'm new here. Second off, absolutely quality work, keep it coming.

Now then, in the morning my father and and I are going down to our shooting range. Technically it'll be in a few hours since it's already 0200. Anyway, while we do not have high quality recording equipment, we do have a B. 92FS, along with a Taurus 9mil and an M-4 with which to compare your sounds, both shot reports and reloads. I'll try to record some of our shooting, maybe we'll get lucky and there'll be a quality one. My father has also had experience with the 240Bravo and the M107, along with a few AK's and a DShKa (Spelling?). I'll try to get him to sit down and listen to the weapons and vehicles so he can give some thoughts on it. (He was impressed with the helicopters.) Our M-4 won't be very reliable for sound though, it's got a muzzle break on it, so it's a little, eh, different sounding.

And that's it, Guten Nacht, actually Morgen.

P.S. I swear ModWar Arma becomes so much cooler when you crank the surround sound to the point where you have to put in earplugs. God help you if you're near a Shilka though.

Tracy Out

2.) And then there's Ghost Recon 1 AI. (SAW Gunner) "Enemy spotted!" *Enemy is 400 yards away, past multiple patches of forestry, lying prone in a bush.* (SAW Gunner *3 Round burst from standing position*) "Enemy down." (Insert just about any normal gamer here) "What?! Where? WTF?!?!"

Hahahha, I had to comment on that;

3) Shouldnt it be Ghost Recon AI. " Cover fire " I'll cover fire but I will stroll in front of your line of fire and reposition myself out in the open simulating a sitting duck. *screams of pain followed by "Murphy Murphy!" or "We're taking casualties". Have you heard of taking cover?!

That sounds cool, dude, can't wait for the results.

The 83 MB video upload is ready for viewers. Don't mind the hack 'n' slay cutting, I am no director after all.

Raw cut

Fantastic sounds! Well done.

One thing though: maybe I would remove all the echo from the suppressed weapons as an echo from something very quiet is not very likely to happen.

BTW: How did you "fix" the M240prone recoil? I tried to lower it in the weapon.pbo's config.cpp without any result.

Adjusting the recoil is trial and error. Just compare the recoil of submachine guns with the values for the M240 and you get the idea.

To the suppressor issue: "Quiet" is relative. A suppressor is not really quiet, 134-140 dB(A) is still beyond the safe hearing level, the shot does not sound like a gunshot anymore, that's all.

this is a little of topic perhaps, but I figured it might have some interest, Is it possible for you guy's to change the voices too, so that they sound like a real military radio chatter, I just downloaded some radio chatter sounds from ofpnam.com and figured it would sound awsome the voices sounded like that, then I figured if anyone could do it, this was the place to ask for it...

Changing the voices would require a lot of voice acting. I am a german and you would hear that if I record such sounds.

Won't be as bad as Arnold Schwarzenegger, though whistle.gif

If there is more interest in voice changes, I need voice actors with good pronounciation, I can't use texas drawl.

British, american and australian accents would be my choices for that.

Isn't it possible to edit the voices that already exists? I have been looking for a program that can edit such a sound for a video I'm making, but no luck so far, I don't no if any of you might know of such program

Fantastic work and very nice results. We really need a serious improvement on the game sounds wink_o.gif

Cheers

That RPG will have to go, unless, thats what's to your liking . I love the Shilka Fire though. I think I can see what sound you are aiming at. The thing with the M16 or M4 sound is that hollowness, I guess when you amplified the volume it increased that "bark" sound in it. That A10 is right on, nice job. The 20mm cannon for the Cobra should be slower, BUT in order for it to match up with the other weapon it sounds fine the way it is. The 5.56 silencer is right on, the AK sound is great also, the Dshk or KORD, should sound like the M2, but a slight difference.

Isn't it possible to edit the voices that already exists? I have been looking for a program that can edit such a sound for a video I'm making, but no luck so far, I don't no if any of you might know of such program

Ican do that, BUT, there are hundreds, if not , thousands of voices to cover and change. I know, I can't stand the robot voices, I think OFP voices are just more natural. ArmA's sound like the dude keeps burping in btween words,.

That RPG will have to go, unless, thats what's to your liking . I love the Shilka Fire though. I think I can see what sound you are aiming at. The thing with the M16 or M4 sound is that hollowness, I guess when you amplified the volume it increased that "bark" sound in it. That A10 is right on, nice job. The 20mm cannon for the Cobra should be slower, BUT in order for it to match up with the other weapon it sounds fine the way it is. The 5.56 silencer is right on, the AK sound is great also, the Dshk or KORD, should sound like the M2, but a slight difference.

Well, there is the problem:

RPG is dead on and confirmed authentic, however, the Shilka is far from realistic, it was recorded from a game trailer for some upcoming RTS game.

This is a good example for the difference in authentic and realistic sounding weapons.

Amplifing the M16/M4 sounds will lead to clipping, reducing the peaks will be the same as it is now. The more peaks are out of range, the less quality will be.

I use your mod and I really enjoyed your video of the individual weapon sounds biggrin_o.gif  But I was wondering if you could make a video of an actual fire fight and show how it compares to the video of a real fire fight thats posted on dyslexcis website. If you havent seen it I encourage you to do so. I would love to have a fire fight in ARMA sound as close to it as possible the supersonic cracks are essential to realism and I thought I saw something about the sound levels being adjustable via the configs. I think you can make the cracks louder to the person being shot at. The video on dyslexcis website is very similar to the terrain in ARMA so I think it gives a good representation of the realistic sounds of a battle.BTW thanks for all the work youve put into making the game more enjoyable for the community at large.

And if you need someone to provide a voice I would be happy to assist. Im american and all my clanmates are always telling me to do voiceover work for military games. Dont know if you are going to persue it, but if you decide to just shoot me an PM. Once again thanks for all your efforts on behalf of the ARMA community. notworthy.gif