Sign in to follow this  
aussie dave

Does VoiN work?

thats wot i thought but hes put voin three times

oh, well now weve cleared that up i think theres a bug preventing voip from working.

oh, well now weve cleared that up i think theres a bug preventing voip from working.

tell me what these text mean in this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

singleVoice=0;

playerVoice=0;

soundEnableHW=0;

We don't use VOIP anymore. Me and a friend actually exprienced it work, all channels and direct communication too. All radio channels had had animated mouth movement when activated and direct comm was also proximity based, it would fade over distance. great, great, like playing Vietcong again. But other players couldn't hear us, we had no idea of how to configure VOIP and ssometimes it wouldn't work at all.

Its a great tool, would be great if everyone could use it, but not in it's current state.

I joined my friend´s server and couldn´t hear him and visa versa, tried with Roger Wilco and Teamspeak and still no go.

Did some ISP research & googling and found out that the NAT in my modem/router was the cause.

Disabled it from my modem config and now the voip is working in Arma / TSpeak / Roger Wilco.

(I have adsl connection and NAT hide my public ip, NAT = off and ip is public)

My friend had to do the same thing on his modem.

Remember! disabling NAT also disables modems firewall, so use good software firewall / antivir.

! Arma´s voip cuts off RogerWilco / TS connection and uses ingame voip, unless you disable Arma´s voip by adding a line:

disableVoN=0; in your arma profile.

(that is if you want to use TSpeak / RWilco)

worked for me.

I joined my friend´s server and couldn´t hear him and visa versa, tried with Roger Wilco and Teamspeak and still no go.

Did some ISP research & googling and found out that the NAT in my modem/router was the cause.

Disabled it from my modem config and now the voip is working in Arma / TSpeak / Roger Wilco.

(I have adsl connection and NAT hide my public ip, NAT = off and ip is public)

WTF? So in-game VOIP actually WORKS?huh.gif?huh.gif?

Can't wait to get home and try this NAT business...