Sign in to follow this  
zombie1

Buy 2 copies?

My brother's buying Arma and we usually play LAN together in games. From what I've heard, it's patched to 1.04 by default in Australia. Will I be able to install in on 2 computers with the same CD??

You do need two copies,but there is a work around(i think)-and no i dont mean illegally either smile_o.gif

Check this Thread

I'd need 2 copies to play LAN, but will I need 2 copies to just install it on both computers?

if you want to play online in public servers i advise you to install those 2 seperated copys or you might get baned.

it normally happens when your using someones ID or theres 2 = ID's.

Install those two copys. thumbs-up.gif

If two people are going to be playing it at the same time. (linked or not) then do the right thing and buy and install two copies. Its only fair to the devs.

As ck-claw pointed out I made a thread about this a while ago here but I never updated it with my latest findings. Read the thread first to save me having to repeat myself!

I play LAN games with my wife and have been doing so for nearly ten years now with just about every FPS title available! And I have never had to buy more than one copy of anything to do this. It is perfectly legal too for households to have copies on different machines and play over LAN despite what some of our more pedantic forum members might say! This is after all about family enjoyment and developers appreciate this!

When you create a server in your household you create it over LAN not Internet and there is no CD checking over LAN games with most titles (non that I know of) except that is for ArmA! However, I believe that this is a bug as we have heard that BIS have had difficulties getting ArmA to distinguish between LAN and internet, so when you try to connect two PC's over LAN you will be automatically checked by the Gamespy servers online for duplicate keys and refused connection if your keys are the same!

To get passed this issue you simply have to prevent Gamespy from checking your key online by disconnecting your Internet cable from your router/PC while connecting over LAN and your LAN connections should work normally. Hopefully though this will get addressed in a future patch! …. Have fun with your Bro mate!  wink_o.gif

Red Kite ----> it doesn't work with patch 1.05 but does with 1.02

I never tried it with the english version ( 1.04 ) because I use the German one and the English one together now with 1.05. Still have random crashes though with 1.04 and 1.05 which were not present in 1.02.

Works for me!  wink_o.gif  ... Just make sure you set your network to LAN when creating and joining.

Quote[/b] ]To get passed this issue you simply have to prevent Gamespy from checking your key online by disconnecting your Internet cable from your router/PC while connecting over LAN and your LAN connections should work normally. Hopefully though this will get addressed in a future patch! …. Have fun with your Bro mate! wink_o.gif

Cool, thanks!! smile_o.gif

Works for me! wink_o.gif ... Just make sure you set your network to LAN when creating and joining.

Hi to all,

in italian 1.05 version i can't play with one original DVD in two different PC.

In my home i've 2 PC in LAN without Internet Connection (i live in the country side), so, i have to buy 2 original DVD...?? ( ~90€! )....

Hi to all,

in italian 1.05 version i can't play with one original DVD in two different PC.

In my home i've 2 PC in LAN without Internet Connection (i live in the country side), so, i have to buy 2 original DVD...?? ( ~90€! )....

Read the first post I made in this thread, it should be self-explanatory. PM me if you have a problem understanding.  wink_o.gif

As Red Kite says, it's already been discussed thoroughly in this thread.

Closing.