Sign in to follow this  
wika_woo

Animation script..

Hi wika_woo

you need to make use of the Biki not just this thread

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

You need to add it to your favourites and every day just visit a page and have a little play to learn how to use a new script command or two.

It is an ArmA move;

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Moves

this one

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_exerciseKata

it has a p designation so it is a playMove only and the s ones are switchMove only I think those with neither designation can use either command. You also have the OFP moves as well.

The format of the code is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unit playMove "move"

dont forget the quotes

in this example you could name the guy say guy_I_want_to_KungFu and use this in an sqs script

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">guy_I_want_to_KungFu playMove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_exerciseKata"

Or you could use a trigger to run it.

If you are finding it hard to understand this go to OFPEC and start with the simple tutorials in scripting

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/tutes.php

Kind regards walker

Thanks walker, If those don't help, then pray for me lol...

i'll just find some time later on again... smile_o.gif

Hi wika_woo

Just edited my original post I accedently used switchMove rather than playMove in the last code example.

Kind Rgards walker

LOL...

it's not a problem mate, were only human...  wink_o.gif

I Edited it again, it's still not working for me, ther must be something obvious i'm not doing right.. confused_o.gif

Hi wika_woo

First things first let us makes sure we are getting the correct syntax.

You are going to be editing; for this it is always easier to run ArmA in a window

1) Make a copy of your existing ArmA shortcut

2) Right click the shortcut and select properties

3) Select the Shortcut tab

4) In the target text box append

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-window

to the end so it looks something like this.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -window

You may want to rename this short from "copy of Launch ArmA" to "Window Launch ArmA" for clarity's sake

Use that new shortcut to start Arma in a window

So now you can keep these instructions open and refer to them and you can switch between the ArmA window and this window using Atl Tab or with the mouse pointer.

To test your syntax make a simple version using a radio trigger.

1) Open the editor Rahmadi island

2) at the airfield

3) Insert a west rifle man as player

4) Insert a civilian and name him something like myKungFuGuy (use ctrl C to copy the name from here and ctrl v to paste it into the name slot)

5) Insert a trigger

5.1) Look at the the Activation line

5.2) Where it says none change it to Radio Alpha

5.3) Where it says Once and next to it Repeatedly select Repeatedly

5.4) Copy this code text using ctrl C <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">myKungFuGuy playMove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_exerciseKata"

5.5) Look at the On Act line

5.6) select text box next to it and press ctrl V to paste the text into text box

5.7) Press the OK button on the trigger

6) Now select preview

7) Walk up to the civilian

8) Use the radio command to (Press 0,0,1 (qwerty keyboard section not number pad)) to make him do the Kata.

If all has gone well he should dance around nicely.

Call that step one. Once you can get this working we will move to step two.

Kind Regards walker

No luck again.... confused_o.gif

I've done everything... u asked...

twice.. huh.gif

smile_o.gif

YES YES WOOOOT!!!

I GOT IT RUNNIN!!!

rofl.gifrofl.gif

I lurked some other stuff about triggers, I selected Not Present instead of present..

its always the smallest things that matter..

thanks walker, your a king!!..

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Yeah thanks for the info.. Is there a way to "Bind" this to a key to allow the player to do these moves?

Thanks