Sign in to follow this  
CanisDEK

Too many crappy maps

I don't play coop. Most servers are coop.

There are a few CTF, Hold and Team servers. But why do the maps suck so much?

Or even better: make one yourself, you seem to know what it takes to make a good map .....

What is a good map? Give some examples of crappy maps with reasons why they are so crappy.

Or even better: make one yourself, you seem to know what it takes to make a good map .....

Good points you two.. Tell us master of non coop maps what must we do to please you? notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifwink_o.gif

in my opinion, the maps suck because editors are in a rush to make new content to build up the map base. Quick 'mass produced' maps just to fill the league map pack. The map makers are not cooperating but competing for player base.

Surely the quality of maps will make a league popular, not the number of them.

I havent seen one map made by Cain yet, so until then, step into my office, Drater! xmas_o.gif

today im working on only playing berzerk maps on my server... I think i can do it by removing all the others...

also no grass by the end of the day or bust

I'll add others but these are the ones that really bring people together on my server.

soon as i see some good sector control missions those will be added too

-Ziggy- @ Mar. 16 2007,22:07)]are you going to convert the beserk map pack to the no-grass islands?

notworthy.gif

No grass islands are close to useless already because setterraingrid=50 in a mission's init file disables grass.

lol I'm a bit drunk... but I'll try to explain and regret later.

Bad maps I have experienced today (CTF).

1. Linear approach to the enemy in an urban environment or what I would call a realistic looking quake map.

2. You meet the enemy in the centre where people will camp until someone manages to sneak to the flag.

3. There is no realistic squad tactics... oh wait there are no squads in ARMA.

The maps seem to have been thrown together quick, resulting in maps that resemble old school CS maps with 2-3 routes camped by the leets.

There is little team work in ARMA compared to BF2 Project Reality, which is another problem about the gameplay.

If BIS were to create a squad system like we have in BF2 the games gameplay value would increase so much.

No grass islands are close to useless already because setterraingrid=50 in a mission's init file disables grass.

oh ho reeaally? hmm I did not know that. Well, aren't you just the holder of all things important! wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

1. Linear approach to the enemy in an urban environment or what I would call a realistic looking quake map.

2. You meet the enemy in the centre where people will camp until someone manages to sneak to the flag.

The maps seem to have been thrown together quick, resulting in maps that resemble old school CS maps with 2-3 routes camped by the leets.

There is little team work in ARMA compared to BF2 Project Reality, which is another problem about the gameplay.

If BIS were to create a squad system like we have in BF2 the games gameplay value would increase so much.

i think you're talking about hexenkessel, shich is probably the worst map ever made, 2nd to corridor.

-Ziggy- @ Mar. 16 2007,20:07)]are you going to convert the beserk map pack to the no-grass islands?

notworthy.gif

I'm thinking I can do it serverside competely

right now i added terraingrid=50; to the server.cfg but now im waiting on the owner of the box to turn the server back on to test it

no remote admin is making it slow go at testing things

I still want the author of the thread to specify which maps he means (by name, no less) and what kind of maps are closer to his heart.

i think he means the maps which r hosted on the mcy server mostly, in my opinion he means these maps pistols.gif

lol...hahahahaha...

if hes talking about my maps, then i can just say: MAKE YOUR OWN MAPS!!!

everybody can make maps in ArmA as it was in OFP, so i dont see any reason to blame the guys who are trying to make maps, instead of doing maps by yourself.

The maps by BIS are not worth to talk about...

I dont force anyone to play my maps, so i really cant care less about people who just say that a map suck, without telling the map maker what are the bad points...the points you mentioned are totally useless, cause i think you dont know the point of having a CQB CTF map...instead of just moaning about the work of others you should show us some maps of yourself.

I would be happy to have really great maps, but as long i see, there are no other maps.

Or what i have seen so far was not so exiting...

So i just have to make more maps to have at the end some good maps out of many crap maps. biggrin_o.gif

if you know so much about good maps, then plz dont moan and start making some!

Im looking forward to see some super duper maps made by CanisDEK!

tounge2.gif

PS: but i think thats a lost hope!

Here Here Frantic well said ur maps are ok as you seem to be the only putting in the effort to make maps,Lets see what he comes up with at the end of day you can play or not play the maps.As most of the servers with CTF maps on them have your maps they can't be that bad other wise they wouldn't be there to be played so as BOB DILLION would say and THE (FPC) The Answer My Friend Is Blowing In The Wind,

So CanisDEK if you can do better do it otherwise or your Blowing In The Wind,

Soon as I get my site done I think I'll start on some sector control missons...

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. The sad thing is that all these maps maps I play in Arma are like bf2-style maps, only it's not as fun as playing a bf2-style map in BF2 (which isn't really all that fun to begin with).

But, I didn't even know this Project Reality thing existed, I guess I'll give that a try for a while until I can find some Arma games/maps that are actually fun.

No way man...

the "bf2 style maps" are much better than the actual bf2 anything.

you prolly just need a good group to game with

Even though Frantic is my sweetheart, I can say that I don't like many of his maps (he knows as I have complained to him personally in bed). Especially the MCY editions where you can have any weapon at all give a headache with the SPR, G36 and SAW heroes blasting away with their über weapons. The Gc maps are mostly good, especially CTF Everon is close to my heart. Basically I hate all his CQB lego maps with randomly added buildings and unlimited weapons.

Nothing personal, boyfriend! inlove.gif

Nothing personal, boyfriend! inlove.gif

no prob darling! smile_o.gif

im trying to make as many different sizes and kinds of CTF maps as possible...but my time is limited too, so im always happy to see new maps not made by me.

personally i dont like all of my maps too, im already bored of them.

but it seems that many other players like some of my maps and as long as i am one of the rare CTF map makers, im sorry to support some leagues with my maps.

I would like to see some modified berserk maps in a league map pack!

But the good thing is, more time = more maps.

This is ArmA so we have everyday new maps, so just wait and you will find the maps you like someday!

Or just start to make your own maps, its never too late too start with map making!

wink_o.gif

lmfao i think u two guys take the "online gay love" a bit to serious, i dont think everybody wants to know about it, even tho i dont support intolerance or discrimination...