Sign in to follow this  
l etranger

Addons in missions .PBO

Hello

Anyone know how to mix Addons & Missions together in one .pbo ?

So the server can also send addons included in the missions file to the clients.

Don't believe that's possible... and I don't think it would be a good idea.

Putting in PBO would force you downloading it, even if you already HAVE it... wasting time and bandwidth...

Lots of addons are like 30-70 megs... aack.

What would be NICE, is if BI would not give cryptic errors when you join a server, and tell you EXACTLY what addons your missing, and maybe give a link to get them.

You can include missions inside addon PBOs, I know that much, wether you can do the opposite I really doubt.

Don't believe that's possible... and I don't think it would be a good idea.

Putting in PBO would force you downloading it, even if you already HAVE it... wasting time and bandwidth...

well its still useful when you want to do a mission featuring one single addon like a special weapon or something,so people could download it right ingame instead of forcing them to disconnect,find it and install it.

of course over 6mb its kind of too big ..

of course over 6mb its kind of too big ..

Remember if you put it IN the pbo, you're forcing everyone to download it and waste bandwidth, slow down the server, etc - even though many of them are likely to already have it.

Summary, not practical. There has to be a better way to run an addon system for dedi-servers.

Hi guys

I know it's an old thread but I didn't find an answer to this question ...

May be it's not the best way of solving the problem and may be it's not practical.

But the question is the still there: Is it possible ?

What's to do to put some pbo-files (eg special units or vehicles) into a mission.pbo ?