Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Another ArmA review out!

Latest review for ArmedAssault gives very good ratings!

"After years and years of doing fucking nothing, Bohemia Interactive releases a game that seemingly un-improves on every single feature of the original Operation: Flashpoint."

See the rest at VideoGamesSuck.

PS: The final score was "Five The Monkies out of two groups of The Beatles, and that's being kind." High-five, very nice!

I'm beginning to dislike you and your general hatred towards ArmA, which is evident in many of your (often sarcastic) posts. Please go away smile_o.gif

I don't hate ArmA. I am hopeful that it will finally be playable for myself and many, many others by the North American release date. It just pisses me off that BIS fails to correct so many issues regarding balanced sides with balanced vehicles, etc.

A lot of people claim that the addon makers will make the game and that BIS are just providing the engine but it is my opinion that the way addons were implemented in OFP led to the downfall of multiplayer. Confusion and frustration over the ridiculous number of addons I had to download just to play a game of OFP is what stopped my MP days. ArmA is already polluted with many, many addons that are not standalone which require modification of the entire game files which in my opinion is not a good thing -- not a good thing at all.

Another thing that I am very angry about is that the community (what's left of it and the new people coming in even) fails to come together and work as a team to create another standardization initiative from the get-go so we could avoid the pains we saw in late implementation in OFP.

I could go on and on and on and on but I doubt that any of the issues that I raise will be addressed by anyone.

It's nice to hear that you're only beginning to dislike me. I was under the assumption that everyone already hated me for my so called radical and cruel opinions and arguments, and that I had nothing to lose.

It's nice to hear that you're only beginning to dislike me. I was under the assumption that everyone already hated me for my so called radical and cruel opinions and arguments, and that I had nothing to lose.

What irks me is the fact that you come to this forum already with this 'nothing to lose' attitude, turning it into an unpleasant environment.

Anyway, getting back on topic (whatever that was), I agree there are some issues with the previous ArmA releases however it's only getting better with patches just as the very same happened with OFP. All you have to do is ride out the rough middle ground before it becomes a much greater game, and posts such as these do nothing to encourage it.

I don't hate ArmA. I am hopeful that it will finally be playable for myself and many, many others by the North American release date. It just pisses me off that BIS fails to correct so many issues regarding balanced sides with balanced vehicles, etc.

That review seems typical of your mindset. If dropping the F bomb every other word constitutes a good review, than it's a gem.

So your pissed off,so sorry, get over it. Plenty of people are enjoying this game despite your rancor. These same people also want improvments in the engine yet don't find the need to take every opportunity to bash it. Do you think you'll get BIS to bow to your every whim by embarrising them?  whistle.gif

That review seems typical of your mindset. If dropping the F bomb every other word constitutes a good review, than it's a gem.

So your pissed off,so sorry, get over it. Plenty of people are enjoying this game despite your rancor. These same people also want improvments in the engine yet don't find the need to take every opportunity to bash it. Do you think you'll get BIS to bow to your every whim by embarrising them? whistle.gif

Hi mate, please show me a post that I have made in the past that illustrates my mindset that is is proper to drop the F-bomb every other word and then I will advance to reading the rest of your post.

Thanks!

E: Alright, alright. It's not like me not to address an entire post.

I don't take every opportunity to bash the game. I have made at least two or three positive posts out of 20 or so.

Did I ever say that I thought BIS would bow to my every whim? No I didn't. In fact, if you had read my post, you would have seen that I said:

I could go on and on and on and on but I doubt that any of the issues that I raise will be addressed by anyone. -- me, my last post. I acknowledge the fact that this makes my postings somewhat irrelevant and pointless but the fact that I can get people into such a fuss for simply bitching about features that should have been addressed in the first place really just makes my day. Actually, I take that back - I'm not that much of an asshole. I suppose the reason I post is that I find it fascinating the way that so many have developed such a "hate everyone who complains about ArmA for being released in a generally ridiculous state" complex. I find the whole "go back and play CS/BF2" complex amusing as well.

Why start a thread with a juvenile bashing of ArmA that was light on facts and aimed only to make the reader chuckle with idiotic insults? As has been stated, this serves no purpose and darkens the mood of the whole forum.

If rankling fanbois feathers is your favorite pastime than it may be time to diversify your hobbies tounge2.gif

Actually whats funny here is how you guys are all taking offense to this review.

If your the type who reads that and it ruins your day, well your just a little too sensitive.

Im waiting for the game to get good also but getting your panties in a knot over some opinion on a web site (or thethread it was posted in) is a bit much.

Man up people.

Why start a thread with a juvenile bashing of ArmA that was light on facts and aimed only to make the reader chuckle with idiotic insults? As has been stated, this serves no purpose and darkens the mood of the whole forum.

Hi,

You indirectly accuse me of being "light on facts" -- could you please further describe this phenomenon to me? As far as I know, almost everything that I have posted has been very fact-based. While my opinion on these facts may be to the negative, it doesn't automatically make all of the things I post invalid. I don't believe that I have made any idiotic insults thus far. Don't be such a poop face!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

i think its quite funny maybe some here need to laugh a little bit more and not take crap so seriously tounge2.gif But you have to admit that if forum members and moderators post the good then they should post the bad reviews as well. Heres a big thumbs-up.gif for those that need it.