Sign in to follow this  
bibblebabble

setWaypointType "GETIN"/"GETOUT";

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get my squad to A) get out of a blackhawk (which is not in my group) and b) get back in after different waypoints and objectives have completed.

All the waypoints are scripted so here is what I have:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// add sfGroups' waypoints

sfGroup addWaypoint [getmarkerpos "dropoff", 0];

sfGroup addWaypoint [getmarkerpos "artillery", 0];

sfGroup addWaypoint [getpos bh1, 0];

// set waypoint types

[sfGroup, 1] setWaypointType "MOVE";

[sfGroup, 2] setWaypointType "GETOUT";

[sfGroup, 3] setWaypointType "DESTROY";

// waypoint 4 is a move wp.

[sfGroup, 5] setWaypointType "GETIN";

// set statements and add vehicles.

[sfGroup, 3] setWaypointStatements ["complete", ""]; // "complete" is a variable that is set to true by a trigger.

[sfGroup, 5] waypointAttachVehicle bh1;

The problems I am having is that AI does not "GETOUT" when at the getout waypoint (player does), and the UH60 does not land when I want to get in. The waypoints for the uh60 are transport unload (also tried plain "unload") and load.

Can someone please walk me through getout/getin vehicles which are not in the same group as the unit?

anyone? even a link to a mission which has a successfull dropoff and evac using a helicopter from a different group would be fine..

Seems like I read that because you are the leader they wait for you to give the order to get out, and not the script.

So you started the game with the squad moveincargo the heli?

Then it flies and tries to unload at the waypoint (or transport unload if that doesn't work). If your the leader it kicks you out and waits. If your a follower it kicks everyone out.

It expects you to order your men out if your the leader - Thats ok I think - you just hit ~ 4 1. NP - Atleast it's not a problem for me. But if it is a problem then PM me I have an eject script that should throw everyone out.

After everyone is out the heli goes to the next waypoint that takes it way out of sight.

Ok, you want it to pick you up later. Have a trigger sync for when the town is clear or set your radio for it. Trigger Activation: Radio Alpha and sync it.

Now the Heli comes back with a load mission - But wait it doesn't come down so you can get in. Well just order your men into the heli. It comes down and picks everyone up.

Maybe you don't like that option. I don't because it looks bad. Well you could make another radio command or trigger with this code in it

A trigger could detect the heli and it would fly right down to you.

TRIGGER BLUFOR present

CONDITION chopper1 in thislist

Onact <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">chopper1 flyinheight 0; a=true

OK, now sync a trigger with this code to the waypoint

Condition

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">({_x in chopper1} count units mygroup == {alive _x} count units mygroup) and a This will check to see that all alive people are in chopper1

Don't forget to put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> mygroup=group thisin your leaders init field.

It takes a lot to do some simple things and thats why it's taken a while to get a responce. Answers to questions like this can be found out there if you search but there are so many threads now that it is becoming harder to do.

If you still don't get it PM me and I'll send you a sample mission with a group land then being picked up, but tell me exactly what you want to happen.

Good Luck.

10 years after ...

to UNLOAD / GETOUT simply, "imaginary load to unit"

_unit = _this select 0;
_group = group _unit;

_waypoint0 = _group addwaypoint[getmarkerpos"WP1",0];
_waypoint0 setwaypointtype"GETIN"; 

_waypoint1 = _group addwaypoint[getmarkerpos"WP2",0];
_waypoint1 setwaypointtype"GETOUT";