Sign in to follow this  
freddern

International Sahrani Force

Just a thought. In the politically correct world of ours I’m not sure a peace keeping force with “SS†in its name would be accepted by the politicians

I don't know about that. As an extreme example, in WW2

the first British commando units were officially called

"SS" (for "Special Service")! You can imagine how "popular"

that title was among the men! Insignia of "signals troop SS Brigade"

Ok, derail over, back to fantasy UN/NATO stuff...

The American Secret Service is still called Secret Service.

SAFOR's okay, I voted for ISSF.

But how but S-FOR - it would much cooler on the side of vehicles than SAFOR. (To me, at any rate.)

SAFOR's okay, I voted for ISSF.

But how about S-FOR - it would much cooler on the side of vehicles than SAFOR. (To me, at any rate.)

Get a different colour for the black! Something like light blue, or some other colour that feels "peacefull"

I'm not so sure about the leaves being green too, could be much nicer as a gold like colour.

Also, we have the small history lesson of sahrani maybe there is something in there which could create a better icon than the island. I will try to work out my own thoughts for this, because I LOVE getting a big project around this for ArmA, continueing with the story BIS provided is way cooler and gives us way more creative space then working on excisting army's... like modding Soccer games so your own club colours are in it, it's fun but only for a selected group.

Work on add-ons for ArmA as one would work on add-ons for Oblivion, stay in the set environment and given story smile_o.gif EXPAND ArmA's Universe biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: I'm searching for some inspiration and background info smile_o.gif

Came across this one: SFOR

It's a big group that's involved, you can see a badge they wore and the nations who where involved, could make some great base for (my vote) SAFOR, but maybe there could be a different name like INTFOR cause almost all NATO forces with only EU nations in it are renamed to EUFOR (If I read correct,COULD BE WRONG)

I'm rather excitted as might have showed a bit whistle.gif

Okay, since our MP mappack is almost finished, we'll rename it to SAFOR MapPack v1.0. Missions focus on security operations (mainly in South Sahrani) and many missions are copied from the real world peace-keeping situations. Our team (SBP) trains with these missions, so i sure you'll find them very satisfying. Of course, many missions have random enemy movement, so they are quite unpredictable each time we'll play them wink_o.gif

Of course, I accept ideas from missions (we'll releases fixes & new missions in v1.1,v1.2. etc.) so please send them to me via PM (private message). Thanks!

Okey, I't seems as "SAFOR: Sahrani Force" won.

Should we lock the tread now or?+