Sign in to follow this  
Nutronic

Problems from the start

I have put all the graphics settings to the highest that they can actually go, but the terrain still looks blurry, infact it seems it cant make its mind up if its blurry or not as it changes constantly between the 2. Maybe its something set wrong in my cards settings or the games, but I want to sort it...I put down another game for this and had to pay more.

I tried one of the Single Player missions and the character was 2D not 3D same with the trees. I can play other games fine so I wonder if its anything to do with a setting thats changed and shouldnt be or something. Here is my pc stats for those who need them,you will see that my pc is between the minimum spec and recommended as given on the box. Another thing is that when these things happen and I press Escape to try and get to the options menu and make sure that things are as they should be it comes up with receiving in the bottom left and freezes, i have to ctrl+alt+del the game.

Stats

SiSoftware Sandra

Processor

Model : Intel® Celeron® CPU 3.06GHz

Speed : 3.07GHz

Performance Rating : PR3343 (estimated)

Cores per Processor : 1 Unit(s)

Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)

Internal Data Cache : 1x 16kB Synchronous, Write-Thru, 8-way set, 64 byte line size

L2 On-board Cache : 1x 256kB ECC Synchronous, ATC, 4-way set, 64 byte line size, 2 lines per sector

Mainboard

Bus(es) : ISA AGP PCI IMB USB

MP Support : 1 Processor(s)

MP APIC : Yes

System BIOS : American Megatrends Inc. 1002

System : System manufacturer System Product Name

Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer Inc. P5PE-VM

Total Memory : 1GB DDR-SDRAM

Chipset 1

Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc 82865G/PE/P, 82848P DRAM Controller / Host-Hub Interface

Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 133MHz (532MHz data rate)

Total Memory : 1GB DDR-SDRAM

Memory Bus Speed : 2x 166MHz (332MHz data rate)

Video System

Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Physical Storage Devices

Removable Drive : Floppy disk drive

Hard Disk : Maxtor 4R060J0 (57GB)

Hard Disk : ST3120022A (112GB)

CD-ROM/DVD : SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B (CD 16X Rd) (DVD 2X Rd)

Logical Storage Devices

Hard Disk (C:) : 57GB(NTFS)

new drive (E:) : 112GB (NTFS)

ArmA (D:) : 2.7GB (CDFS)

3.5" 1.44MB (A:) : N/A

MultiMedia Device(s)

Device : SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Operating System(s)

Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Home 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)

Sorry to say this, but with your rig you should forget about setting the details to their highest settings, in fact I would advise you to set the game to the lowest possible setting and work up from there until you have found a nice mix of looks/playability.

Your motherboard has an integrated graphics board - are you sure that this is disabled and that the game is really using your 6600GT?

Sorry to say this, but with your rig you should forget about setting the details to their highest settings, in fact I would advise you to set the game to the lowest possible setting and work up from there until you have found a nice mix of looks/playability.

Your motherboard has an integrated graphics board - are you sure that this is disabled and that the game is really using your 6600GT?

Well when I go into Device Manager it only shows the 6600GT so I assume its using that, and the monitor is plugged into it.  The AGP setting has been upped to 128 on the bios too, as thats what the card has. Also @Guba the game aint lagging or anything, not tried it online yet but its just strange cus it seems to be something to do with textures...

Here is a screenie I just took of what is happening, despite the settings not being on low.

armadq9.jpg

What's your VIEW DISTANCE set to?

That's the killer.

Around 1900 odd it switches to VERY HIGH.  I'd aim for HIGH on your machine.

As I understand it, Quad core machines have struggled with the highest view setting.

Here is a screenie I just took of what is happening, despite the settings not being on low.

But have you tried low settings yet? Your card does not have enough memory onboard to render high details, so it just shows the untextured polygons.