Sign in to follow this  

MFCTI Beta 2.7

I have talked to Binkster KaOs Member = http://www.kaos-squad.org/

this is the open Beta to help find and fix bugs. Not to Change loadouts, prices, add wepons and vic.

Main Problum right now is JIP thare are alot of bugs with JIP. so please lock server if playing or the server will probily crash.

This mission needs the SaraLite Map to play it or edit it.

Download Saralite= http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/downloads/details.php?file=138

Missions and Addon = http://rapidshare.com/files/20068168/MFCTI_BETA.rar.html

Kaos bug fourm = http://www.kaos-squad.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133

Roughnecks.org fourm for mfcti bbq and Binkster mission http://roughnecks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3597

please e-mail makers modified scrips or me at sieish@yahoo.com or Binkster1982@hotmail.com

This map is on the BDA Dedicated server!

this is great news...nice to know its being worked on and getting closer to a final release stage!...Hats Off to the Team! notworthy.gif

...any chance of getting v3.6 beta hosted instead of the v2.6?

No we wont give out anyothers just because they are to buggy. We dont want to turn off new players to cti. But any scripters that want to help pm me or email at binkster1982@hotmail.com. There isnt alot of bugs left mainly JIP, building placements, AI, and to help servers handle the load i would like to convert sqs to sqf. Here is where im posting Bugs

the first "team" that solves the JIP "HAS TO" share his/her knowledge.

Working on my own stuff were the JIP also is a problem, I really miss the publicvariable not working with arrays.

Think we should go over what "we cant be without" commands or solutions and then give our feedback to BIS.

So many versions floating around ..... but it looks like there is one major bug that I'm surprised I'm the first to spot (thanks to a tip by whisper).

ALL setMarkerXXX COMMANDS must be changed to setMarkerXXXLocal

There is HUGE network load caused by ArmA v1.05 now having default Marker commands being Globally communicated.

Found a Full Sahrani island version called "mfcti.com v1.41/0.81 bbq" (no idea how old it was), changed all Marker scripts references and bingo, it was playable on our OGN server. Everything worked well enough, no smoking buildings etc. Only JIP still a problem. If someone joined, other existing players had maps thrown in their face, with noway to close the map.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~nrspen....0.1.zip

Still lookin for further refinement, in my spare time sad_o.gif

We have already fixed the setmarkerlocal command. Actually this version 2.6 shouldnt even be hosted or thought of as a beta test since we have fixed alot of bugs since then. Im currently working on version 3.8

The BIG problem with jip is not being able to send data to a single player, for a new player the server have to do a publicvariable for every needed variable. If there are (f.e.) 30+ players on the server there is a lot of data to be transfered.

So if I'm not wrong, the game really need a new script command able to send data to a single player.

Aaaaahhhhh, that good old OFP CTI feeling! smile_o.gif

Too sad BIS hasn't fix their game so I can enjoy this cti.

MfG Lee

Hi guys thought i would put some karma into this post.

1. KaoS was not ready to post a public release for the community with our project to convert MFCTI v1.16 OFP into ArmA. We posted what you might want to call an early Alpha. The upload was mainly so that some of the KaoS and other public members could help us do a major bug test with the v2.6 version. It is about 1 weeks old but we're already way past most of those bugs and fixing new ones.

2. JIP. Alot of KaoS members and 3rd party players that have been beta testing with us have been talking about the JIP bug.

Theres 2 options, we fix it or we dont.

IMO We fix it, BUT... Allowing JIP into a CTI will be a major problem. Your going to have an unlocked server for CTI, which will cause constant Desync and Lag time with lower or slower end users, not to mention someone could quit the CTI and then join the other side. Therefore if we fix the JUP issue your not just fixing the problem but your enhancing the CTI Netcode to an extent for things like a Temp File Memory app or such to store info on what players it started with and where they were to make sure if they quit and reconnect they go back to that side, but at the same time what if 2 players quit, 2 new ones join that same side and then the other 2 players that quit come back? so all of a sudden e.g. West has +2 more players over East.

JIP has created a somewhat major problem with the CTI playability concept.

3. BIS's CTI shouldnt even be called CTI lol, its nothing near to MFCTI in OFP.

I agree with xel, JIP will cause more issues with bad games, cheaters, and lag.  

I think the only time JIP should be used is if a Friend looses connection/crashes or the commander looses connection/crashes.  Sounds like the best way is to do the good old waiting game like we did in ofp to get a good cti.

JW has been working on a jip script and hopefully we can get it working, if not then MFCTI wont be JIP.  Like JW said above its pretty complicated.

Think you are forgeting there is a whole voting system and there are Commanders ...... I'm sure ArmA CTI will evolve to have features like join blocking and role limitation for JIP players ..... and many other special control measures we haven't even thought of yet.

Pose a problem .... and the community will provide a solution smile_o.gif

*edit* scrub comment about crCTI .... could start a flame war .... this is about MFCTI.

the first "team" that solves the JIP "HAS TO" share his/her knowledge.

Working on my own stuff were the JIP also is a problem, I really miss the publicvariable not working with arrays.

Think we should go over what "we cant be without" commands or solutions and then give our feedback to BIS.

What are exactly your issues?

You can simply PV an Array by using the Network Services Lite, by me wink_o.gif

we should have Jip then there can be a persistant CTI imagine an epic game thats been up for days months years.

With the battle going back and foward. If the command unit gets killed then theres should be a para drop of troops on the other side of the island and the game can start all over again forever and ever.

I vote For JIP please

also perhaps saving.

due to the fact that its so complicated, why not leave JIP function as a long term goal, and so for the short term just release it without so it will at least function as its OFP version and we all get to play now instead of having to wait a year.

thanks apsgnat I tested it works very nicely and i prefer the whole island not like the other versions saralite

due to the fact that its so complicated, why not leave JIP function as a long term goal, and so for the short term just release it without so it will at least function as its OFP version and we all get to play now instead of having to wait a year.

I agree with you fully bigshot, its a good idea, and thats probably what will and what should happen.

@colligpip

Thats a horrid idea, no one would want a game to go on for more then 4 hours, even with JIP, its like you keep playing and playing and playing, and lets say you've been there since the beginning and then you get tired and leave and you had been playing for 4 hours, and you played for what? nothing, the game is still going. I am very horrified about a game that goes on for months, phew lol

The whole island will be done next its not hard to switch islands. We started off with SARA island but was having MP issues with lag about 30min in the game. But let me remind you that this was in version 1.02. With MP issues worked out in 1.05 this may no longer exist. I do see games taking too long on Sara and what xel said above may become true. Anyways yes there will be both sara and saralite, and servers can decide which ones they play. But we are far from release and could use any assistance in sqf.

I got this working the 2nd time I tried it. But now it crashes every single time.

I've tried it about 30 times and I always crash to desktop. Once it said it needed -2gb memory... A negative number!

I have 2gb ram and a fast dualcore with a GF7900 so that's not the prob. ANy ideas what it might be? It crashes for all my friends too.

Thats a horrid idea, no one would want a game to go on for more then 4 hours, even with JIP, its like you keep playing and playing and playing, and lets say you've been there since the beginning and then you get tired and leave and you had been playing for 4 hours, and you played for what? nothing, the game is still going. I am very horrified about a game that goes on for months, phew lol

Yeah but if a server was up and running constantly full with 60 odd people you would be part of a big war effort type scenario. I think this would be relaly good. Kind of like one of the mmo games. Obviously there would be A score  up when you got the other sides base so you could play for that long and leave. YOu would just be part of the bigger war online. It would just carry on and on with each side score growing each time the base was captured. Perhaps the score would only oocure if the server was full on both side save somebdoy doing it when server empty- OKay theres some probs with this idea obnly an idea just thought it would be good.

Yeah but if a server was up and running constantly full with 60 odd people you would be part of a big war effort type scenario. I think this would be relaly good. Kind of like one of the mmo games. Obviously there would be A score up when you got the other sides base so you could play for that long and leave. YOu would just be part of the bigger war online. It would just carry on and on with each side score growing each time the base was captured. Perhaps the score would only oocure if the server was full on both side save somebdoy doing it when server empty- OKay theres some probs with this idea obnly an idea just thought it would be good.

The problem those if i may, is that a 60 man game last even past 3 hours is improbably, for the fact that most CTI games in OFP with 9v9 even dont usually last past 2-3 hours.

[quote name=colligpip,

The problem those if i may, is that a 60 man game last even past 3 hours is improbably, for the fact that most CTI games in OFP with 9v9 even dont usually last past 2-3 hours.[/quote]

er thats why i thought it would be good if it could go round in a continual loop without stopping. Anyway theres so many diffrent ways of doing things in armed assault its just an idea that one version could have.

Any chance of a mirror for the addon file please? Or pm me one as i dont think you can reply in a thread anymore... I have a static IP and so other people use up the rapidshare time sad_o.gif (and no i dont want to pay for a premium account)

Jack i added to our server. On normal saharani island

I'm very excited by the progress of this mission, MFCTI was the most popular mission for the last 18 months of OFP and I expect it will continue for ArmA.

I don't know if you ever saw this before, but I made a CTI + DAC mission which perfectly married the playability of CTI with the randomness and inter-town danger of DAC which gave a very nice game indeed on a totally new map, (IMO the best map ever for OFP), never got a similar game any two times. It was the most played and popular mission for our small group over at Frugalsworld.