Sign in to follow this  
barret

real military

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">8 years as aForward observing officer (FOO) with the artillery.

Now, army-reserve NCO (yes a weekend warrior) <span id='postcolor'>

He he he.....you worked with the powder monkies tounge.gif I would imagine FOO stuff would be recce?

Yep, I'm a weekend warrior too (Infantry), going on 13 months now.

As for the sub-title, "who here be in it" , Barret, you exibit some nice ebonic skills! tounge.gif Oh, and what is "woot" smile.gif

Tyler

I'd rather be in the army since I would want to be a soldier but I love to fly and the air force would be right up my alley........I don't think I would join anything though because if I'm going to die fighting for something I want it to be something I believe in....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Feb. 07 2002,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">8 years as aForward observing officer (FOO) with the artillery.

Now, army-reserve NCO (yes a weekend warrior) <span id='postcolor'>

He he he.....you worked with the powder monkies  tounge.gif  I would imagine FOO stuff would be recce?

Yep, I'm a weekend warrior too (Infantry), going on 13 months now.

As for the sub-title, "who here be in it" , Barret, you exibit some nice ebonic skills!  tounge.gif  Oh, and what is "woot"  smile.gif

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

A FOO guides friendly fire on unfriendly targets.

FOO's lie somwhere in the field with a clear view on target (line of sight) and then call for a fire mission. We used a laser rangefinder and GPS for calculating offset coordinates. In bosnia my unit talked A-10A's to their targets.

Well, does orinary military service (in my time still quite much of a duty) do?

I served as a JA37 Viggen (brutal looking Swedish fighter aircraft) mechanic for 11 months, including basic field training and so on.

I dont think there is any other country that allows ordinary 'värnpliktiga' (consripts or something like that in english) to work on the aircrafts. Now I was indeed an educated civil aircraft maintenance engineer at the time (and could count 6 months as practice for the license), but most of my friends there were like carpenters or what ever. Not enough that mostly 'amateurs' work on the aircraft, we also turn an aircraft (refueling, rearming etc) in just 7 minutes - thats about the fastest in the world. Most others take at least half an hour on them. And further more we do it mobile - without fixed bases - by driving a small vehicle caravan to any of the, probably thousands, quite ordinary roadstrips suitable to land the STOL arcrafts on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pukko @ Feb. 08 2002,12:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont think there is any other country that allows ordinary 'värnpliktiga' (consripts or something like that in english) to work on the aircrafts.<span id='postcolor'>

Finland is. smile.gif

Finland do? Ah I didnt know that. Now Finand has been a NATO member for long, or am I wrong. If I recall it right you had some old Swedish J35 Draken aircrafts in your airforce? but now adays its mostly F16 or sonethin like that (you did not buy JAS 39 Gripen from Sweden, or did you?).

Anyway, Both Finland and Sweden (officially neutral coutry) are quite small countries that had big Sovjet Union as neighbour - and that probably called for some uncommon ways to make the defence more effective.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Finand has been a NATO member for long, or am I wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

You are wrong. smile.gif Finland is not a NATO member. But there has been alot of discussion about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but now adays its mostly F16 or sonethin like that<span id='postcolor'>

F-18C Hornet.

Damn it!

As a big (we do have about twice as many citisens now, dont we?) arraogant Swede I dont know much about Finland obviously... smile.gif

Heck, did the winterwar victory (with some german assistance) make you confident enough to continue being neural too? Finland was indeed quite much closer to Sovjet than Sweden; we had the baltic sea between.

I plan on joining the army or air force. dunno what yet because when i told the army careers officer i wanna be a para then SAS he got angry and when i told my RAF careers officer that i wanted to fly SU-37's and/or hokums he got really angry as well. I want to drive challenger 2's now

Ruskie- yeah good move, what did you think the RAF guy would say,?

"ah well as it happens sonny theres a newly stolen state of the art Russian gunship, and we were just waiting for someone like you to come along to learn to fly it"

hey why dont you marry a nice russian girl and join the Russian airforce , heheh

(dont blame me when your shot down and captured by chechens)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pukko @ Feb. 08 2002,12:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn it!

As a big (we do have about twice as many citisens now, dont we?) arraogant Swede I dont know much about Finland obviously... smile.gif

Heck, did the winterwar victory (with some german assistance) make you confident enough to continue being neural too?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL you sure are an arrogant swede! (no offence wink.gif )

First of we received no help at all from germany in winterwar '39-'40, second we officially did not win the winter war and third after winter war came continuation war in '41, which ended in '44 to surrender to russians...

Our neutrality is from my opinion wanting to avoid further wars with the former Soviet Union.

Ah that's the history lesson for you my western comrade smile.gif

was on the edge of joining the army but didnt cos all army types are gaylord tounge.gif ppl u once knew became "borgs" when entering the military

yep i was a weekend warrior too

105th Regiment of the Royal Artillery

goto point javelins missiles at flying things and pretend to take them down

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ Feb. 08 2002,15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ruskie- yeah good move, what did you think the RAF guy would say,?

"ah well as it happens sonny theres a newly stolen state of the art Russian gunship, and we were just waiting for someone like you to come along to learn to fly it"

hey why dont you marry a nice russian girl and join the Russian airforce , heheh

(dont blame me when your shot down and captured by chechens)<span id='postcolor'>

Was only joking about the flanker thing, i was just making out that if you tell the careers officer (who remember are there to make you go to the army/RAF/navy) you want to do anything remotly exciting they just get angry and say you have no chance and have to be a chef or do something crap.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskie @ Feb. 09 2002,00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ruskie- yeah good move, what did you think the RAF guy would say,?

(dont blame me when your shot down and captured by chechens)<span id='postcolor'>

Was only joking about the flanker thing, i was just making out that if you tell the careers officer (who remember are there to make you go to the army/RAF/navy) you want to do anything remotly exciting they just get angry and say you have no chance and have to be a chef or do something crap.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats just like any careers officer tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskie @ Feb. 08 2002,13:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I plan on joining the army or air force. dunno what yet because when i told the army careers officer i wanna be a para then SAS he got angry and when i told my RAF careers officer that i wanted to fly SU-37's and/or hokums he got really angry as well. I want to drive challenger 2's now<span id='postcolor'>

lol, dont say u wanna fly a frog foot, or a helix in the NJROTC, they'd probly kick u

lol, i remember when i was 12, and my favorite thing ever was the F-22, so in my meeting with the careers officer (it seems they have a permanent station in military schools) i asked him what qualifications i'd need to fly them in the RAF, and he said they didn't have them, so i asked him about becoming an american citizen and flying them in the USAF, then he changed the subject sad.gif i was being serious as well (this must've sounded pretty stupid to him given it was 98 or something, and now 4 years on it still isn't in production)

I aiming to join the cavalry as my dad was a Tankcommander in a Leopard back in ´79.

Navy is for gay sailors...thats why the US Navy is so big....

biggrin.gif

Just jokin....dont u yanks get pissed off now......