Sign in to follow this  
el Gringo Loco

Can a man live on beer alone

It depends on the type of man - and his stage of alcoholism.

Most people wouldn't survive longer than a couple of days before they would die of dehydration or alcohol poisening.

Beer contains water but the alcohol however would stimulate your kidneys to get rid of as much fluid as possible. (that's why you always have to urinate during every free kick in the champions league. To get enough water into your system you've probably have to drink so much beer that your kidneys and liver will be brined and that possible excists you die within 24 hours (gruesome way to go, your body is being poisened very slowly because it can't get rid anymore of the alcohol and other poisons.)

So no, despite popular believe and serious discussions in the pub it is impossible to live on beer alone.

When i came back from 9 weeks training in the States in 95 it was near xmas and i knew i wasn't going anywhere until 21st January, so i had accumulated 9 weeks worth of pay and proceeded to spend the next week, yes week, getting bladdered every waking hour from christmas eve until 1st January, spent over one thousand pounds on drink and burgers, so no not on beer alone i needed the burgers too....... biggrin.giftounge.gif hic, then again i'm Scottish and we have a Gene that allows us to drink copious amounts of alcohol hehehe

hkg3 ....... iim dutch and id like that gene ...... cant we work something out? biggrin.gif

I know a friend-of-a-friend who did a thesis on this as his end-of-term paper (or whatever), and he found that 17 long-necks (750ml bottles) of beer per day contain all the essential nutrients and vitamins the human body needs...

Of course, you'd probably die from liver failure or some other nasty ailment if you did this for real...that's why only about 33% of my intake is beer, I balance the rest out with steak, cashew nuts, bacon, prawns and the occasional avocado.... tounge.gif

Oh, and just for the record, Australian beer is the best beer in the world (especially Carlton Draught and Melbourne Bitter)...hmmm..except for Caffreys..maybe....

Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.

Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.

Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken.Heiniken. tounge.gif

Go Guinness! Or any stout or porter for that matter.

In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here.

-=Die Alive=-

If you guys stop by in Canada, try a Moosehead, its good beer. Of the beer I have tried, American beer is the worst crap out there (IMO), except Sam Adams.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i don't drink bear. The taste of it is disgusting.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, maybe you should try BEER instead, you won't get bitten and scratched as much, LOL tounge.gif

Tyler

Everybody knows that the best beer in the world is the Albani Rřdhćtte smile.gif

...anyway, the best test is to drink 10 of the same beer, and if you still like it, it's a really good beer. Although you wont know if you're actually still drinking beer, and the next morning you won't remember what beer you were drinking.