Sign in to follow this  
singis tinge

HELP COMPUTER RESTARTING !

Ok here it is, i recently had OFP, FFUR 2007, Dxdll, and many addons installed, then i had a power surge resulting in total loss of al my data.

i recently reinstalled OFP, Dxdll and FFURSLX 2007 (Without extra packs), mrBurnsHighResIslands and patched the game to 1.96 unfortunatly every time i try to play a mission or sometimes half way through a mission or the in game menu background the game will randomly restart the computer (this does not happen with vanilla OFP). so i thought mabe it was the Version of FFUR i was using so i installed FFUR 1985 Woodland, Same problem. i then read a thread about changing your system falure auto restart thing to turned off.

This worked to my surprise (using FFUR 1985) so i then installed FFURSLX2007 and it still worked, thinking it was fixed i then isntalled The other 2 versions of FFUR1985, Whinter and desert, then whilst starting the resistance campeign on FFUR1985D the screen went blue and i had to turn off the computer. after turning it back on i tried using FFURSLX2007 and it did it agian. so can you help because at the moment my favourite game (+mods) arnt working.

i cant post my specs cos i dont know them but when i find out il tell you. hope you can help. smile_o.gif

What does it read on the blue screen? What file name, is it always the same?

Perhaps you had hardware audio acceleration on prior to reinstalling and now it's off. Maybe you had a different version of video card driver. Maybe unreliable memory.

Theres nothing on the screen it just goes blue, and im sure my dad installed the latest GFXcard drivers.

so how do i turn hardware audio acceleration back on ? what do i do to fix it ?

Well that's something new.

The setting is in main menu/options/audio/hardware acceleration.

Oh wait this is the audio settings in the game right ? yea i always have hardware acceleration on but EXA off.

I had a powersurge nacker my computer a while ago, does your computer restart on other games? e.g. Medieval Total War 2, Oblivion, steam games etc. or is ti just flashpoint? I fixed it by freeing up many giga bytes of space on my C drive, cleaning up the route directory. And going inside the box and hoovering all of the dust out of it.

That managed to stop all crashing unless the computer was under alot of strain.

Can you please post your specs and also as much detail as possible so that we can help you smile_o.gif

For instance, follow this format for posting system specs.

PSU - 500W Silverstone SLi Dual +12V

Mobo: Gigabyte GA K8N51GMF-RH NF410 - S754

Processor: AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 Processor 3400+ Newcastle S754 2.5Ghz

RAM: x 2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM

Hard Drive: 335GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS 256MB - Overclocked

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live 5.1!

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

Regards

Il try to find out what they are lol but yea it only restarts for the FFUR SLX mod not regular OFP so i think the mod is the problem but it only seems to do it with more than one mod installled

Then it maybe a problem with the MOD, try looking around different forums ect. But it can't help to know your system specs still smile_o.gif Try getting a program called Everest should do the trick wink_o.gif And its free crazy_o.gif