Sign in to follow this  
ginsoakedboy

A couple of questions

I'm new to mapping for ArmA so I have been looking at editor tutorials, mainly for OFP since the editor is pretty much the same.

I've been following this tutorial and I have a couple of queries.

First, the tanks I have placed seem to be quite stupid, for instance they will spin round for no reason, or loose control for a second or two and most of the time only the leader makes it across the bridge, the others either run into the fence on the bridge or go into the water. Could this be the way I place the waypoints or could it be something else?

Second, when setting up a patrol and applying the 'cycle' option to the first waypoint, it makes this the last waypoint, so that the squad goes round one cycle before the settings of the waypoint are applied to them (aware, etc). How set a cycle and still keep the first waypoint as the first waypoint?

Finally, how do you apply the camera effect to the last waypoint for the tanks? The screenshot of the OFP editor shows the camera effects in the waypoint effect options, whereas this does not appear to be there in the ArmA editor.

Any help is greatly appeciated, cheers.

Quote[/b] ]Second, when setting up a patrol and applying the 'cycle' option to the first waypoint, it makes this the last waypoint, so that the squad goes round one cycle before the settings of the waypoint are applied to them (aware, etc). How set a cycle and still keep the first waypoint as the first waypoint?

Setup your move-waypoints and place the last waypoint directly on the groupleader and make it a cycle one.

Quote[/b] ]First, the tanks I have placed seem to be quite stupid, for instance they will spin round for no reason, or loose control for a second or two and most of the time only the leader makes it across the bridge, the others either run into the fence on the bridge or go into the water.

Have them move in formation column (tight or close don´t remember literally). There are reports that some bridges make problems with AI.

Quote[/b] ]Finally, how do you apply the camera effect to the last waypoint for the tanks? The screenshot of the OFP editor shows the camera effects in the waypoint effect options, whereas this does not appear to be there in the ArmA editor.

There is no option for camera in the waypoint/effects

It just struck me that there is no camera option in trigger setup anymore aswell in Arma crazy_o.gif

Must have missed that change.