Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Leaving the board for a while..

first off the forum has been to slow for too long

.. lots of the really good long timers are gone.

im getting tired of all the ignorant fucking twits and the rampant anti-US threads.

I dont play ofp much anymore.. the MP needs help

there just isnt really anything good here anymore.. dont get me wrong.. lots of people here are cool.. but this place is getting too annoying.. almost every other topic turns into some stupid fucking anti-american hate thread.. either pissing on US politics, US military.., US people.. well basically anything american is made fun of here and im rather sick of it.

but mostly its the lack of usefull posting.. just lots a shit here.. (no offence) no threads really worth reading.

bye, see yall in a few months, hopefully the riffraff will have moved on by then.

dont you DARE reset my post count either placebo! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Feb. 07 2002,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bye, see yall in a few months, hopefully the riffraff will have moved on by then.

dont you DARE reset my post count either placebo! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Baaah call that a post count? I only mess with people who have over 800 wink.gif

Take it easy bud, cya on the "flip side" wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Feb. 07 2002,10:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">first off the forum has been to slow for too long

.. lots of the really good long timers are gone.

im getting tired of all the ignorant fucking twits and the rampant anti-US threads.

I dont play ofp much anymore.. the MP needs help

there just isnt really anything good here anymore.. dont get me wrong.. lots of people here are cool.. but this place is getting too annoying.. almost every other topic turns into some stupid fucking anti-american hate thread.. either pissing on US politics, US military.., US people.. well basically anything american is made fun of here and im rather sick of it.

but mostly its the lack of usefull posting.. just lots a shit here.. (no offence) no threads really worth reading.

bye, see yall in a few months, hopefully the riffraff will have moved on by then.

dont you DARE reset my post count either placebo! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yea I havent stopped by in awhile, I come by yesterday, and what do I see??? the same anti-US bullshit going on, they take every attempt to piss on us and belitle us...I sold my copy of OFP..and stopped coming here simply because of the majority of the pricks that tend to come here. I bet if I had never come to these forums, I would still like our supposed "brothers" over in England, but unfortunately, I hate the majority of them now, simply because of this forum, it might be shallow minded, but hey...the majority of you English folk on here take ANY chance you can to bash our country,a nd its truely sad. And I'm sure the majority of the English pricks will be glad to see more good Americans go, simply because they think it will make this a better forum, I have to laught at that..because w/o Americans here all you're going to do is bash our country and no1 will be here to stand up for it, so it will be a bit like having a one0sided conversation with yourself wink.gif So in closing I'd just like to say that wobble has hit the nail on the head with this one, and it's truely dissapoiting that a game forum could make me hate a country as a whole sooo damn much.

hey, in case u haven't noticed, ppl dont represent their country whenever they post and just because a few ppl r anti-american doesn't give u a reason 2 b anti-british

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey, in case u haven't noticed, ppl dont represent their country whenever they post and just because a few ppl r anti-american doesn't give u a reason 2 b anti-british<span id='postcolor'>

You apparently are A) Brittish..or B) haven't seen all the Anti US Bullshit that goes on here day in and day out. And to say "a few people are anti US" would be a huge understatement. I bet more than %65 of this board has some form of the disease we call, "I hate America cuz I have nothing more intelligent to talk about".

I thought the war of independance sort of quashed any ideas that the english and americans were 'brothers'?

Even going back to the world wars, theres nothing major there that indicates brotherhood. At the start of WW1 america was selling arms to both sides (And no im not putting shit on you, just making a point).

"the majority of you English folk on here take ANY chance you can to bash our country,a nd its truely sad" followed by "And I'm sure the majority of the English pricks will be glad to see more good Americans go, simply because they think it will make this a better forum"

Now looking at that from a third party, Australian, and I dont consider myself to be brothers with either side, I can see why the world takes so much fun in putting shit on americans...

America is so big and does so many things to put shit on, let alone american people who think they are so big and do things to put shit on. I thought by now, you would be able to accept that as being a "world power" and having your apparent life styles broadcast into our homes everyday, you'd be used to being the butt of jokes... but yours and wobbles reactions basically reinforce everyone elses perceptions of what american people are like.. you will hardly change anything by saying stuff like "every dickhead from england stereotypes us poor americans".... contradiction maybe?

twist it as you will.

Hate to see you go....and your avatar...its a classic...

As sick as I am with it too, I'll stick around and fight the losing battle.

At least there are constants in the Universe one of which is no matter what the thread is about, it will eventually turn anti-US. I take comfort in the constant.

I think these boards have given me a form of anger control problems, because at times, there are some of you I'd like to take and just give you a nice beating biggrin.gif I'm sure you'll be glad to add this to your " and this is why we dislike americans" See Let me break it down for yah here aussie man, You don't see true American attitude on here, you're seeing an attitude which is provoked by the likes of posts such as yours, now on any normal good day, Americans are some of teh nicest people on the planet, but LIKE ANY OTHER NORMAL HUMAN, you push them a little , and tehy are more than likely going to turn around and bite your ass. Now being there are so few Americans on these boards, it's really hard to make a stand, cuz I get so frustrated with you all, that it just makes your little statements true, but its only cuz u pushed me to be so pissed off. I'm going to a forum where all you brits are outnumbered so I can have as much fun bashing the minority as you guys do, it should be great fun, you all seem to enjoy it.

My anti-american posts?? I think you've misinterpreted what I was saying... Posts I made in relation to the inteligence one about the SAS were actual, not made up and not biased, and I personally couldn't really give a stuff. If you get offended by what is posted on a board, you need to get control of your emotions. It is a text message board, and you will most likely never meet the people you are posting to. So why let them even influence one moment of your life?

You are whinging about the anti - americanism's on this board. I've read the same post from you, or a version of it, on what seems like a whole bunch of threads.

From what I've seen, the posts are border line anti-american, maybe about something to do with policy or perceptions, and not worthy of a temper tantrum. Some are out right slags, and some you seem to have interpreted them as being so when they are probably written in innocence..

I might see if i can turn that one about bridges into an anti american one for you if you like. Just for a laugh

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chickenman @ Feb. 07 2002,18:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought the war of independance sort of quashed any ideas that the english and americans were 'brothers'?

Even going back to the world wars, theres nothing major there that indicates brotherhood. At the start of WW1 america was selling arms to both sides (And no im not putting shit on you, just making a point).

"the majority of you English folk on here take ANY chance you can to bash our country,a nd its truely sad" followed by "And I'm sure the majority of the English pricks will be glad to see more good Americans go, simply because they think it will make this a better forum"

Now looking at that from a third party, Australian, and I dont consider myself to be brothers with either side, I can see why the world takes so much fun in putting shit on americans...

America is so big and does so many things to put shit on, let alone american people who think they are so big and do things to put shit on. I thought by now, you would be able to accept that as being a "world power" and having your apparent life styles broadcast into our homes everyday, you'd be used to being the butt of jokes... but yours and wobbles reactions basically reinforce everyone elses perceptions of what american people are like.. you will hardly change anything by saying stuff like "every dickhead from england stereotypes us poor americans".... contradiction maybe?

twist it as you will.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought WW2 had brought us closer but apparently not.

Course we sold guns to both sides. We were a neutral nation and under those rules (and to protect our shipping...which it didn't) was required.

As a so called "third party" and objective, your statement bears much anti-US rhetoric. "Do so many things to put shit on"? Umm...right...and no mention of the good things we do? And thats the problem. Every thread here turns into some anti-US "they're fucking up the world" thread....never once have I seen anything talking about good things we do. And saying that their reactions basically reinforce EVERYONE'S perception of Americans if basically condemning them for what apparently everyone else is doing...judging by the few, or even worse judging by ignorance. And yet if an American does it its a cardinal sin, yet ok for the dozens Europeans on here.

Not twisting....just giving you my perception.

Again I stay and fight the losing battle...

"Tell Ma I love 'er!"

I guess it would have been too much to hope that people could simply say goodbye in here if they felt like it, without going on some stupid, repetitive USA v Britain rant, I was going to close this but I guess I'll give it a little more time for people to restore my faith in them smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 07 2002,18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess it would have been too much to hope that people could simply say goodbye in here if they felt like it, without going on some stupid, repetitive USA v Britain rant, I was going to close this but I guess I'll give it a little more time for people to restore my faith in them smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

Hehehe....guess we "Yanks" are a little on edge around here...

I don't dislike Britian or its people...I lived there for around a year....love it there....hope to revisit London and York again...

What I mean is, the US government gets itself into just about any global situation it possibly can, or so it seems. Peace talks between any two countries have some american deligate or another, even if these two places are quite removed from america, and at least apparently, their policies.

The US government continually involves itself in situations where other nations feel they have no place, especially the middle east. Anti-americanism there is enourmas, and more than just an angy mob burning flags etc.. If you think the smart arses on here count for something, you are wrong.

These nations, if you actually listen to their side as well as the side presented by the US government, are quite right in hating the US. But that is propaganda, and it is impossible to know which side is really telling the truth, which most likely lies somewhere in the middle.

Americans are on the news. on the tele. In books, magazines, and papers. Local competition struggles and for lengthy periods of time we hear of nothign else other than what goes on in america. is it any suprise that people dont like the US a great deal??

a lot of this is starting to not make sense and my typing is getting worse, but its 4:30am and I am almost drunk.