Sign in to follow this  
JDShots

Berzerk Map Pack

@Batstats

Sorry mate, but i'm out of the scripting business due to the fact that i don't have the time anymore

@All others

Don't get me wrong guys, i'm happy that some people convert the old ofp-missions to arma...  And i play berzerk sometimes... I just couldn't deny myself this little side blow... And usually i would leave it at that, i just thought why should i care about it...

But now i feel a little bit pissed off, because Zap insist on beeing the creator of the "zap engine"...  code rewritten... redesigned... blabla...   I feel a little bit incited to give you just some info... The corescripts like C&H-Scripts, Vehicle-Respawn-Scripts, Player-Respawn-Scripts, Dialog-Scripts, Score-Script, Mine-Limiter-Script and some others are unchanged or just slightly changed... They are nearly the same like in BF1985. Or did i get you wrong Zap, and you just mean with "rewritten" that you just changed all the variable-names and the jump labels?!  wink_o.gif    

Ok, maybe you spent some time to make Berzerk that what it is today, but believe me i spent a lot more time to bring BF1985 from V 1.0 to V can't remember.

But why should people just believe my words, everybody is free to convince himself...  Just compare the scripts from BF1985 and Berzerk...

And now that's what i would call that “Someone†is taken with the underwear down here...   wink_o.gif  whistle.gif

hi again ...

you were right .. i wanted to keep the feeling as close to BF as it was possible ... and right too, the easiest way was to convert them runnable inside arma.

development starts over and the target is to replace the sqs stuff with new and more dynamically scripts ... (away from these old hardcoded versions needed to completely rewritten in each map to fit)

i don't want to piss someone off but i can't remember that ANYONE helped me with the arma works itself. Taking a look at old scripts isn't like using a documented framework.

But i will credit you for your work for sure ... (as i did in the very very 1st versions) ...

and what should i say? ... look out there, because there are several mods of berzerk out i have nothing to do with ... all of them credited by themselves ... so who the fuckin' cares ... i don't.

regards,

zap

Berzerk maps are my favorite maps. Great job on them!

But I have a not so simple request:

Berzerk style C&H, but with whole map, using every town, airport, and other important places. Using the 2 capitol cities as initial spawn points. It would be set up same way with limited vehicles (respawnable) in each town that is held. I respect RTS and CTI stuff, but I like Berzerk's ways of doing things. I've looked into it and am 100% sure this is way out of my league to even attempt.

I might just be nuts, but I think it would be a fun, time consuming, long drawn out battle with enough people.

I know it's a lot to ask... but I'm asking really, really nicely.

notworthy.gif

Mosh

I like the berzerker maps becuse they take less cpu load from the server. while Arma its self takes alarge amount of server memory most other mods are also eating up cpu time due AI's.

Some mods down right drag the server down.

Dustysgameroom is going to be running more berzerk maps in the future.

www.dustysgameroom.com

I stuck the 84 player one on Jolt as a test and its super popular!

We had 84 players battling over the Sahrani plains with no lag.

Any chance of pushing the limit some more and producing a 100+ player mission? If not, may I have permission to try increasing the number of allowed players myself?

Would be awesome if there was support for the AH64 and Hind. whistle.gif

Good pack tho had some nice games with this.

Thank you for the missions. Well done indeed.

I dont know if this has already been done or mentioned i have searched and cant be bothered to read all the posts but is there a version of berzerk where you can spawn your own AI soldiers to help you etc. As the reason i dont play berzerk is the lone wolf rambo element of it ( i know if you work as a team its not but its finding the right poeple isnt it) anyway is there a version you can spawn AI to your own group like in evolution or rts4 beucase it would make berzrerk really great if you could.

just wondering if somebody could let me know.

I have never seen such a map. And in my unhumble opinion AI is the last thing a C&H map would need, people play it instead of Evolution because the opponent is human and not AI. At least I would have kittens if I had to kill and be killed by AI in a PvP map because I play MP solely to avoid those cyborg idiots.

Yes but as i say half the time people dont squad up so it would be good to be able to spawn your own squad.

Ther could be a different version of berzerk with ai perhaps.

Also it would be good if there was a commander position that could fire arty and direct the squads - anything to make it less rambo.

Yes but as i say half the time people dont squad up so it would be good to be able to spawn your own squad.

Ther could be a different version of berzerk with ai perhaps.

Also it would be good if there was a commander position that could fire arty and direct the squads - anything to make it less rambo.

Well, if in the 1st hand, if there was a squad system, like Evo has, in Berzerk maps, that would help a lot.

Ididn't play the latest version of Berzerk because of lack of Internet @ home lately, so if latest versions have squad, forget my comment wink_o.gif

But from the last I played, you can't really squad up when there is no squad, can you?

ately, so if latest versions have squad, forget my comment wink_o.gif

But from the last I played, you can't really squad up when there is no squad, can you?

Thats why i say it would be good to have an AI squad you can controll.

hi,

AI itself isn't planned because the main intention is to get a maximum of real players.

I'm working on v1.24 and completely rework the engine and i try to create a simple dialog that makes players capable of creating/joining a squad ...

regards,

zap

Hi Zaphod, have you any plan for any CQB map packs in the future ? just wondering great work bro...

Superb maps Zaphod notworthy.gif

Sorry if I'm repeating here, but have you any plans for a larger scale Bezerk mission to recreate the feel of the old 'Battlefield 1985' C&H mission from OPF - exactly the same idea as current Bezerk except but with capture points more spaced apart -- maybe do one using all the towns of (or half) of south Sahrani to allow for longer range tank/heli combat?

Just an idea thumbs-up.gif

Mandrake

hi there,

well there's no one on south Sahrani, but hopefully Sahrani Plains will fit your needs? .. this one will become a 50vs50 map and the capture points aren't so close together.

i really don't know why Airfield became the top favorite, it isn't mine. There you're right ... spawn on open fields with no cover... targets really close together ... it was just a try to create a mission on the airfield itself ...

regards,

zap

hi there ... goodnight.gif

Power supply failure, Computer down a few days....

done so far:

Fully rebuild main engine (100% sqf-precompiled) for minimal server load

-Exact timing on server loop

-Client synchronized to main server loop

-Publicvariable count extremly reduced

-Trigger count extremly reduced

-A10 added ... as all other (known) features discovered in ArmA v1.08

-Laserdesignator added, selectable in Launcher dropdown

-Scoring for capturing a target (TargetScore x 5)

-User list containing (time,id,name,score,connections), stored on server

-Ranking depending on your score

-No more weapons/ammunition in civil vehicles including motorcycles

-New dialogs for new features and reworked the other ones

-Mobile HQ (Medic-BMP from Base) added, as alternative respawn

-Player maximum increased to 50 vs. 50, depends on server settings!

-multiple player classes added for maximum flexibility

-Random weather routine on server, synchronized on clients

-Magazine and ammo bugs fixed (GP25/Dragunov/M16+M203) ... as known

-Italian language support added

still todo ...

-Squad system depending on your ranking/score

-Basic anti TK system

-individual actions added to these classes to improve capabilities

-scoring for individual actions (successful transport/ medic assistance and so on ...)

-at least some some czech language files to do ... who wants to mail me...

pictures will follow ...

regards,

zap

berzerk lab. back on air ... update this weekend !!!

berzerk lab. back on air ... update this weekend !!!

end of weekend is very close :-) any news?

I'm playing with new features...as noone really took care about an update.

Hey Zap, please post your latest work in this thread so I can update our server for our Monday night games! Im looking forward to seeing the new features.

bugs and stuff

If you pick the m16/m203 it comes with no ammo.

I would be Nice if the Bodys did not disapare so quick to pick up ammo.

Be nice to Have a View distance option or no grass option.

While playing bezerk if you look at the arma.rpt file you will find theys two errors

Client: Object (type AIStatsMPRowUpdate) not found.

and

w:\c\Poseidon\lib\vehicleAI.cpp(6816) : Bad double magazine detection