Sign in to follow this  
silent wings

Freespace 2

i have just purchased a game called Freespace 2 i urge you to run out and buy it cos its awesome..the explosions,the scrreams the combat, it encapsulates every good space film, star wars, star trek, all of them buy it

i have long considered it one the best games ever made, a brilliant game. I still remember that bit where you've just hyperspaced in, and you almost crashed in 16km of sathanas biggrin.gif damm that bit was exciting (then after that bit you fly around in shivan infested space trying not to look suspicious biggrin.gif)

the game is fooking amazing, it still pisses on these new age space shooters, and even x-wing alliance

Hell yeah- ive been thinking of reinstalling that game, though with all missions etc i had it took up nearly 1GB, which wasnt good when ihad only 2GB total

yeah DAMN those ships were big, but what i never get in those games, why dont they just use nukes? or like futuristic super nukes (except for the bit at the end of course)

OH MAn i have to iinstall that game again#

in fact screw college , im gonna play it right now BWAH

a

hah.

It's an excellent game, very atmospheric. It's about the only game I've played (along with OFP) that makes me feel I'm actually there. I liked that mission where you have to sneak around the Shivan ships and identify them.

its wicked when you've just spent ages destroying the first sathanas, and theres all this stuff about stansding a chance against the shivans, but then later you just see another show up and destroy the collossus and then as missions go by you just spot more, and more, and more biggrin.gif not only are they massive and have shitloads of weapons (it has so many flak cannons on its front end its scary, as well as those four super beam cannons) but they look fooking scary

I'll check IGN and if I like what I see I'll bring up my favorite program..WinMX......

and you get to shout things like 'open hailing frequencies' and then wot with all the equalising of shields and calling reinforcement s etc...its just awesome......huge install though but cos of my ninja pc it worked.....

Nos dda comrades

To top it all off you even get to do top secret spying operations against a rebellion or two biggrin.gif you'd never think a space combat game would require a bit of sneaking around in addition to supremo dogfighting skillz.

I also just noticed (just had a quick go earlier) that the graphics are still brilliant, i can't wait to lost in that nebula again (as well as flying directly into 20km long shivan motherships thanks to poor visibility in nebula's wink.gif )

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and in Germany we are still waiting for stupid Medal of Honour. BECAUSE the average stupid german kid does not understand english and should not see any scenes with blood otherwise his parents gonna call the lawyer. So all the games need to be reworked, re-germaned.

confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 07 2002,02:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IGN sucks go to a real game site.<span id='postcolor'>

It used to be great tell they made it where you have to pay......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 07 2002,07:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Errr MOH doesn't have blood?<span id='postcolor'>

Hell no...no blood no nothing....people just fall......I think there is a blood mod but some guy said it sucks......

Well i reinstalled it and its great, some of the ships really are HUGE!+ i found a bunch of user made campaigns which look good,

still wont equal taking out an entire russian helibase with 3 satchels, without being seen (just keeping it vaguely topical there)

- but still worth it just for the MASSIVE motherships/ stations

but one other thing ,why do all the ships seem to go about 300 mph max? youde think it would be more like 300,000...

oh yes and when will someone make freespace corvettes for OPF,

that would RUL:E BWAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

this is Alpha 1 to base: Morton is in sight-OH MY GOD!!!!IT JUST VANISHED IN THE BEAM CANNONS AARRRAABahghghgahgga

......th-the horr-or the hor-r-ror

theyll all dead base, theyll all dead.....

DAMN THIS ISLAND BASED GALACTIC WAR!

DAMN YOU SHIVANS TO HELL

TO HELL I SAY!

TO HHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

-aaanyway

good game yeah.

I like the battles between the big ships in that game. I used to make missions with the mission editor just so I could watch them fight with those cool beam cannons.