Sign in to follow this  
silent wings

American intelligence

just now on the news it said that delta force apparently launcehed an attack and seized the WRONG people and quite probably killed innocents in a raid!against highly wanted terrorsits, i dont think the SAS would have cocked it up.

They probably would've if they got bogus intelligence off the US, thats why most of the SAS operations were compromized in the gulf - bad intelligence.

what a stupid fucking topic.

that kinda shit happens ALL THE TIME in special forces snatch operations.. on all sides.. its not as simple as "oh they are here lets go get them".. "intellegence" is a matter of finding an insider to tell you when and where yer quarry is going to be.. and seeing as how the taleban and most the people who would know anything about where or when anyone would be are religousley against anything wastern.. its probably VERY VERY hard to get reliable info from any of them..

this kinda shit happens all the time in times of war for all nations.. grow up..

perhaps the SAS would have done it right.. but who knows.. all they ever do is sit on their ass these days... buts oh well.. its fun to speculate. tounge.gif

WOW spot the yank smile.gif

It was the british SAS after all that came out and said they were withholding information from the US due to them believing that the US was a security leak.

The example given was the US going to press on chasing Osama through his mobile phone tri-angulantions, and shortly after that, Osama stopped using it.

That could be only a little bit of the story, but hey, i saw it on the news, so it must be true.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what a stupid fucking topic.<span id='postcolor'>

All I see in this topic is the contradiction in terms in 'american intelligence' wow.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gif

security leak for what.. its not like they ever do anything.. was the US going to "leak" what the SAS guys favorite TV program was.. which might lead to that station being attacked? biggrin.gif

that would be aout right.. never do anything and then when ya manage to get some deacent info.. keep it from the people who could get some use of it.

All I see in this topic is the contradiction in terms in 'american intelligence'

what yer ineptly going for is "oxymoron".. not contradiction in terms.

intellegence indeed...

I'm not much of a military know it all, but I'd guess that the british SAS would not broadcast to the world what they do at all, whether training or real life. I seriously doubt that the brit's their best troops deployed there and they are doing nothing with them..

As for the SAS's favourite television shows, when Australia was deploying our SAS to the Gulf war (In which we were apparently only doing search and rescue, but a brit sas officer said something along the lines of "if they are anything like our guys, they'll be doing a fair bit more than just that" with a bit of a wink) the media were not allowed to publish anything identifying them at all. the press took photo's of them at the beach, with all the officers standing with their backs to the camera.

They take their shit pretty seriously and quietly......

No need to get the shits though tounge.gif

it seems to me that the americans hate being any thing other than the best at anything.....the SAS are the best fighting unit in the world and nothing america has can beat them.....delat force,marines wotever the SAS are the most professional and dedicated. so ill tell u wot wobble how about you grow up and realise that America is only a world power because of their size, they have little culture, no long term history and are arrogant and dismissive of other nations...so wobble take a look at yourself and see the truth...American intelligence i dont think so..the SAS would not have made the same mistake.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (silent wings @ Feb. 07 2002,11:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it seems to me that the americans hate being any thing other than the best at anything.....the SAS are the best fighting unit in the world and nothing america has can beat them.....delat force,marines wotever the SAS are the most professional and dedicated. so ill tell u wot wobble how about you grow up and realise that America is only a world power because of their size, they have little culture, no long term history and are arrogant and dismissive of other nations...so wobble take a look at yourself and see the truth...American intelligence i dont think so..the SAS would not have made the same mistake.<span id='postcolor'>

Good to see you dumb asses are still arguing over senseless bullshit. Look at all those accusations you amke, then check the title, then look at your post....and then look at yourself..and you tell me who's the cocky arrogant, know it all, my country can do no wrong jackass here? I believe its you. this is the whole reason I'm selling OFP and haven't visited these forums in awhile. It's because you little children have to bash our country everychance you get. YOU'RE ARE THE BUNCH WHO NEED TO GROW THE FUCK UP! Learn that you arent the best at anything you do either wink.gif and that everyone has their faults.. YES THATS RIGHT YOUR COUNTRY IS NOT PERFECT EITHER....oh what a surprise. BTW...when you come down off that great horse you all ride on, you;'ll see your country isn't as great as you think it is wink.gif And also...alot of Americans don't act the way all of you put us up to be....it just cracks me up cuz you say we're all cocky, yet maybe half of you have met a FEW Americans, and you didnt like them, well guess what...Alot of Americans have been to all of your countries...and I'm sure there are several arrogant pricks there, i mean hell look at you all, you seem to be arrogant pricks to me. oh well im done arguing this stupid bullshit with you pathetic losers. Have a nice day wink.gif

If the SAS ever did anything worthwhile, you might have an argument. What's the point of this thread? To harass americans? Geez, what a complex you must have.

[teacher mode]Grow up the lot of you[/teacher mode]

Closing.