Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Wacht am Rhein

Its a Pegasus,...symbol of British Paratroopers,.....

I can almost sense what his next question will be  tounge2.gif

Where in the campaign are the British paratroopers?

The I44 logo was changed to the pegasus with the Oosterbeek release, we have decided to keep it as it looks cool.

you will make the 101 airborne division soldiers?

Yes, the 101st will be fighting at Bastogne but the demo campaign it will be the US Army Infantry against the Waffen SS pistols.gif

The I44 logo was changed to the pegasus with the Oosterbeek release, we have decided to keep it as it looks cool.

But that makes no sense, as there are no British troops in the mod. Wouldn't it be better to take e.g. a Panther tank instead of the Pegasus as logo?

Look around for other WW2 mods for other games. 90% use either a tank or a swastika/allied symbol or a flag(s).

Pegasus represents three things that caused me to use it:

-Life, where ever Pegasus touches the ground, new life springs up , we make a mod, hence creativity;

-Strength, Bellerophon was not able to slay the Chimaera without Pegasus' help;

-It also represents rise and fall, which is a wink to our mod-history wink_o.gif

Similar to the swastika and the runes used by the SS, Pegasus existed in ancient writing long before the british paratroopers did.

The symbol wasn't used just because we happend to be doing a mod involving units that use this symbol but for their mythological(/spiritual) meaning. I also contemplated a Phoenix, but since it is red it wouldn't have looked well on the rest of the logo (lack of contrast). The yellow feathertips are a small bit of Phoenix that remained. Also it would have put too much emphasis on the previous projects (die and rise again).

Hope that clears it up. Please continue discussing the actual project please since you won't be playing a logo afterall smile_o.gif

But that makes no sense, as there are no British troops in the mod. Wouldn't it be better to take e.g. a Panther tank instead of the Pegasus as logo?

Everytime something is out of order or doesnt make sense, just think to yourself "A wizard did it" rofl.gif

The symbol wasn't used just because we happend to be doing a mod involving units that use this symbol but for their mythological(/spiritual) meaning.

But it didnt hurt it  tounge2.gif

Yes, the 101st will be fighting at Bastogne but the demo campaign it will be the US Army Infantry against the Waffen SS pistols.gif

sad, just sad sad_o.gifwink_o.gif and which divisions of the waffen ss ? smile_o.gif

btw good luck for your project wink_o.gif

and which divisions of the waffen ss ? smile_o.gif

btw good luck for your project wink_o.gif

1st SS panzerdivision "Leibstandarte", and maybe another one later, but that depends on the exact storyline.

Thanks smile_o.gif

For more info, read the interview wink_o.gif

Thanks. I fixed it to our homepage.. Some of the words you were trying to say in German were inter. by me on a total different level smile_o.gif

Hehe

I guess this mod will be released JUST after Duke Nukem Forever ;-)

HeHe

Totally agreed rofl.gif

But the name is incorrect, its Duke Nukem <s>Forever</s> Never wink_o.gif

Enough OT

Little question:

You mentioned 101st Airborne.Any chance that we will see Real Person like Richard Winters etc.?

No, I dont have only "Band of Brothers" Experiences.I know something little about Bastogne

Espectro and Salvatore_Lee:

If you have nothing constructive to say about this mod, then refrain from posting here.

Flaming comments like

Quote[/b] ]I guess this mod will be released JUST after Duke Nukem Forever ;-)

doesn't really helps anything.

1st SS panzerdivision "Leibstandarte", and maybe another one later, but that depends on the exact storyline.

I'm just wondering, are you going to make the heavy tanks like the Tiger's, Jagdpanzer, or are you focusing on the medium more common tanks like the Panzer4 H, and Marders? smile_o.gif

It's been already told that the player will be in command of a panther.

True, but nothing has been said as far as other tanks are concerned. For now we are focusing on the Panther, as it was the most common well known tank and allround probably the best tank of the war.

We also plan to have a Sherman M4A3 and M10 Wolverine at some point, but that is about it in terms of armor unless we can get 10 addonmakers to join us since we only have 3 active ones at the moment whistle.gif

So I'm guessing the King Tiger will play a vital role on the side of the Germans? Looking forward to seeing those thumbs-up.gif

So I'm guessing the King Tiger will play a vital role on the side of the Germans? Looking forward to seeing those thumbs-up.gif

No King Tiger, I don't think we have ever mentioned that...

Could you please read the last few posts (especially mine) before replying?

Thank you.

P.S. General service announcement: we're not taking requests for addons, we will only do the ones we had already planned. If anyone is interested in helping us to make those, then drop by [our forums].

Wow, I love snowy maps, I love WW2 mods that took place in my home country... Can't be better. notworthy.gif

Sorry JdB, next time I'll read more thoroughly.

JdB,

huh.gif this PAK40 looks as box. For ArmA too little polygons. Models looks as model for OFP and no for ArmA. Your models for OFP have nicely textures, but models stagnant. How i see, so will permit Your models too in ArmA. confused_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I think shaders will compensate for that. Anyway, looks good to me wink_o.gif

Sorry petrtlach, didn't notice your reply, but better late than never: Some models need some reworking, because they are not suited for ArmA in their current state.

As I have been getting some questions through PM and e-mail recently I thought it would be nice to make a public statement about the following subject:

What will* (read below for more information) be making an appearance (in as of yet undetermined version) of the mod:

Waffen SS

Volksgrenadiers

(both with Panther, SdKfz 250 & 251)

US Army & Airborne

(US Army with Sherman M4A3, M10 Wolverine, M3 halftrack)

What will certainly not be in the mod:

Any tank or APC other than the ones mentioned above unless someone donates them in a nearly-complete state;

Units from any nations other than Germany and the United States;

Other branches of the armed services, such as Fallschirmjaeger, troops connected with Operation Greif and military police.

Canukausiuka, our coder, is currently trying to get the ballistic values as close as possible to reality. We've also tried to get a few other mods interested in getting common ammunition, armorprotection, effects and sounds, but so far interest has been rather low.

We are still looking for people that are interested in helping us achieve our goal of creating a mod with realistic gameplay, and story-driven campaigns. Without YOUR help we won't be able to make this mod a reality.

* Plans for the range of available equipment and units in the mod heavily depend on the amount of active members we have and can aquire, which at present is insufficient to even complete the current plans that we have. We can't promise that any object will be present because of this.

Some models need some reworking, because they are not suited for ArmA in their current state.

smile_o.gifwink_o.gif OK, Cool.