Sign in to follow this  
triangles

patch 1.05 problem

i installed the patch and i clicked on the icon and an error poped up can someone pleas help me so i can play arma

So when there is an error that pops up what is it saying if you like that people can help you should give us more information. (Error message, Syspecs...) Also you can use the search function of this board maybe your problem was dicussed before.

greets

i have a question do we have to have the patch 1.04 before downloading patch 1.05 international??

triangles: 1.04 IS the UK 505 version from the box... you can install 1.05 on 1.04 (be sure to have 1.05 EURO patch) or if you have 1.00,1.01,1.02 (Czech,German,Polish, etc.) you must download the huge 462mb 1.05 INTERNATIONAL patch.

Tell us if it works...

yea i couldn't find it so i thought you don't need to download it firbut it says 1.05 is for ArmA Euro version 1.04 by 505 Games only. so were can i download 1.04??

If you would have used the search function as i telled you in my first post you would know there is no 1.04 Patch. Are you sure you know what ArmA version you buyed?

1.04 is only the 505 release version out of the box.

But for all versions you only need the 1.05 Patch nothing else.

i haveversion 505 i got it on amazon but with the patch 1.05 euro it dosen't work

The 505-branded UK retail version is v1.04.

The correct patch for this is v1.05 Euro.

I expect the International version works also, though it's a much bigger download and therefore a waste of time.

If your patch doesn't work, download it again.

Until triangles writes a 2+ paragraph description of the problem and how it happened, we should all now boycott this thread. If he's too stoned to convey the error, there's no way I want him playing on my team nener.gif.

-Fenix out.

The 505-branded UK retail version is v1.04.

The correct patch for this is v1.05 Euro.

I expect the International version works also, though it's a much bigger download and therefore a waste of time.

If your patch doesn't work, download it again.

Until triangles writes a 2+ paragraph description of the problem and how it happened, we should all now boycott this thread. If he's too stoned to convey the error, there's no way I want him playing on my team nener.gif.

-Fenix out.

You're right, people need to put more effort into their questions! biggrin_o.gif

her is what it said

"ArmA has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

if you where in the middle of something,the information you were working on might be lost

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

we have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous

to see what data this error report contains,click here

send error report don't send"

so how do i fix this??

Return the game Triangles.

Even if you got it to run .. your head would explode figuring it out yay.gif

Seriously, how about your FULL system specs ?

i am a new in PC first time i got one so im cind of a noob at all this pc stuff

and here is mi system specs:

ok i have a dual core processor:AMD Athlon 64 x2

i have 2 graphics card:en7600gs silent

and a lan-party server:nf4 sli-dr

and 500 mega bites

Does this error appear when:

1. When you run the patch to upgrade the game?

2. When you run the game after the patch has SUCCESSFULLY installed?

It sounds like the normal "something bad has happened" Windows error. I get this from time to time myself. It happens when the game starts up and instead of seeing the first splash screen it stays black, I briefly see the hourglass then it CTDs. I have almost eliminated this by having -nosplash on the command line, plus it gets me to the game faster.

It seems apparent English is your 2nd language so I hope you understood most of what I wrote but if not ask away.

yes english is mi second language i lived in america for five years when i was small tile the age of 7 then we left to switzerland so i understand and can speak english with no problem but im not very good at spelling as you can see, anyways its problem nomber 2.the one when you run the game after the patch has SUCCESSFULLY installed.

You could try adding -openal and -nosplash on the command line for the ArmA shortcut you use. This has made a big difference for me. I have then disabled both the Hardware Acceleration and EAX options once in game.

and how do i get to the command line??as i said before i'm a total noob

and how do i get to the command line??as i said before i'm a total noob

Rightclick the ArmA icon on your desktop and select "properties/Eigenschaften", then in the window that pops up find "target/Ziel" and add the commands after "arma.exe" so it looks like this:

x:\your path\arma.exe -nosplash -openal

thank you and i live in the french side of switzerland so no need to translate in german man and i understand english as much you do.

and it dosen't work sad_o.gif