Sign in to follow this  
memnoch

Very strange, mutated character model

I was playing about with units and what have you earlier today on the smaller island map. I had played this Officer on a small rise overlooking some other units. I rolled across the airfield towards him in a Shilka and shot him. The next thing I know his model had mutated into something out of the movie "The Thing"!!

He was all bent over and stretched out. His arms must have been longer than his body and curved that he was almost unrecognisable. I could just make out his hands and even they were stretched. Anyone ever seen this. I wish I could have got a screenshot of it but I don't know if there is a way in-game and I wasn't running FRAPS at the time.

Not hands, entire body. If you've ever seen "The Thing" you will know what I'm on about. If not, imagine his body was made of clay or putty, heated up, and then stretched into weird shapes.

Yeah this was a bug a while ago.. i thought it was fixed....

It is pretty hilarious though biggrin_o.gif i've seen pics of alive soldiers with hands bending over their heads :P

Quote[/b] ]Check out the newswoman

The newswomen is not supposed to be used by editors, that´s why she´s not in the selectable unitroster.

Her hands animations that are quite complex are Maya animations that are assigned to the model specifically for some cutscenes and therefore the model itself without the appropriate animation does not work for editing.

So actually it´s not a bug but a model limitation.

I tried killing that same office for 20 minutes trying to get him to do it again but no dice. mad_o.gif

It has to be seen to be believed.

stick the hammer on him .

Nice! That's almost exactly what I saw and interestingly I noticed the blue cap. I too had used an independant officer. I wonder if that is where the problem is or is it just coincidence?

This ones quite cool, reckon he could throw six grenades at once with these hands!

I rather like that one. It almost looks like some Photoshoppery compared the the other picture here.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention was that when the WTF moment had worn off I ran up to the body, if you can call it that, and the normal icon to loot the corpse appeared. I did that and it instantly reverted back to the correct model. See, you can't even trust these things when they are dead!