Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Bin Ladin dead

CIA might have taken out Bin Laden yesterday, using a Predator missile launched from a spy drone. They fire the missile at a group of people believed to be high ranking Al Queda leaders. They killed atleast one. They think this possible, might be Bin ladin. Because the description fits...

Uhm, not to knock the CIA, but, wouldn't quite a lot of Al Queda people fit the general description? Beard, turban, AK-47, smug smile, dirty...

They havent actually _found_ any corpses. The weather is bad, you see.

bin laden would be the one in the middle, surrounded by big scary al queda guys. that'd make sense. Maybe they went for the guy in the middle, i would've

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Feb. 07 2002,15:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CIA might have taken out Bin Laden yesterday, using a Predator missile launched from a spy drone. They fire the missile at a group of people believed to be high ranking Al Queda leaders. They killed atleast one. They think this possible, might be Bin ladin. Because the description fits...<span id='postcolor'>

It wasnt supposedly a predator missle from a spy drone, it was supposed to be a hellfire from a predator. The predator's are the drones.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! what kinda sick bastard would put him in a US uniform THAT IS TWISTED!.. LOL.. kinda funny smile though.!! i still like the robert deniro(sp) on better

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I have positive ID that he is on Everon right now somewhere<span id='postcolor'>

Then you lie, cause everyone can see there is desert in the background smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I have positive ID that he is on Everon right now somewhere<span id='postcolor'>

Then you lie, cause everyone can see there is desert in the background smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oops, my mistake

Gheghe

Senior intelligence analysts believe there's a 10-15% chance they've actually killed bin laden. Will be very difficult to prove because bodies are probably already being moved by other al-qeada members who were also riding in the convoy.

Hope it's true though.

BTW

I didn't knew the predator could fire hellfires. Nifty piece of equipment that is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Senior intelligence analysts believe there's a 10-15% chance they've actually killed bin laden. Will be very difficult to prove because bodies are probably already being moved by other al-qeada members who were also riding in the convoy.

Hope it's true though.

BTW

I didn't knew the predator could fire hellfires. Nifty piece of equipment that is.<span id='postcolor'>

Not the way the statistics speak. 1 in 8 of them have crashed or been lost some other way...theres even a hearing on whether the Air Force got what they paid for.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. But I think when they prove that bin laden has been killed by a hellfire shot from a predator the hearing will be history wink.gif

I never heard of the concept that they could shoot missiles from a recce drone. Maybe I should visit janes.com a more often in the future.

Right, the same people who thought that the Chinese Embassy was a military target now think they've killed bin Laden... I'd be very surprised if he's even been in Afghanistan for weeks now, but I'm sure he'll be very, very happy if they decide that they did kill him and call off the hunt.

These supposed Al Queda guys weren't all standing waving at the plane and pointing at the guy in the middle, were they? I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find a lookalike and arrange for him to get killed as a cover.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrLaggy @ Feb. 07 2002,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right, the same people who thought that the Chinese Embassy was a military target now think they've killed bin Laden... I'd be very surprised if he's even been in Afghanistan for weeks now, but I'm sure he'll be very, very happy if they decide that they did kill him and call off the hunt.

These supposed Al Queda guys weren't all standing waving at the plane and pointing at the guy in the middle, were they? I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find a lookalike and arrange for him to get killed as a cover.<span id='postcolor'>

As someone already said the CIA only thinks there is about a 10% chance of it being Bin Laden and it most likely being (as they said) another high ranker, a decoy, or no high ranker at all.

They point to factors like the lack of substantial security (the convoy was a lot smaller than Bin Laden's in the past), and that they had been watching the cave area for some time in case he might return, so it most likely could be a "recon" convoy to see if they would get attacked if they returned.

The CIA is skepitcal at best that there is a chance it is Ole Binny Boy

With US$ 20,000,000+ on his head, he wouldn't surround himself with a large defense force. The fewer people know where he is, the better. It would also attract far less attention.

Regardless, I doubt that it was Bin Laden, or even Mullah Omar. Certainly someone important, but it could even have been some local warlord or tribal leader that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Feb. 07 2002,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With US$ 20,000,000+ on his head, he wouldn't surround himself with a large defense force. The fewer people know where he is, the better. It would also attract far less attention.

Regardless, I doubt that it was Bin Laden, or even Mullah Omar. Certainly someone important, but it could even have been some local warlord or tribal leader that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.<span id='postcolor'>

The reason they mentioned the lack of convoy size or usualy security is because it would significantly reduce their ability to fend off a ground attack, and in a country with the US patroling and watching, whether he was trying to keep a low profile or not, that isn't a real smart thing to do.