Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

Can I suggest sth for ppl having Texture Problems?

This might help those of you who feel they suffer performance degradation and weird texture issues (probably not related to the GF8800 problems, this seems to be a special baby).

http://www.nonatainment.de/web/Default.aspx?tabid=62

Have a look at this tool; it reports how much video memory your card has left (works for mine, only 256MB tounge2.gif ). I had constant LOD problems and texture flickering until I used this tool during the game and saw it that used ~98% of my video memory (with my settings). I lowered the quality of certain aspects (texture quality etc) until I was down to roughly 20% VidMem left - since then no missing textures,flickering and performance issues anymore.

Maybe there's some false expectations as to what the engine can do with limited video memory. Like for the GF6600 which has a nice GPU but often comes with 128MB of DDR3 RAM. Well just forget it then, the game won't run in 1280x1024 in full details. The first step in troubleshooting should be to adapt the settings to the available Video Memory. Hope this tool helps setting these things correctly - it did for me.

Have a try,

Victor

I just used this tool and it states my max vidmem useage is 280mb. My card is 512Mb so it's only using around 50% and i still get major slowdown in the forests on normal settings. My resolution is 1680x1050 but if i try and lower the resolution my game looks a lot worse and because i've got a widescreen monitor it doesn't adjust the hud correctly.

Oh and i have QUAD SLI but i presume ArmA and this tool doesn't adjust for this.

what i can sugest, perhaps its will work. insted lower ur resolution, lower ur 3D settings:

Anti-Aliasing

Adaptive Anti-Aliasing

Anisotropic Filtering

and setting for "wait for vertical refresh"

if u set them lower -toward performance

its could help, all true consider lower application seting too, form high to normal. (textures of buildings, units, shadow and ect. actualy u can swich off shadow at all, not big lose i guess compere with lagg) smile_o.gif