Sign in to follow this  
[kh]jman

Disable custom sounds?

Is it possible to disable the use of custom sounds on the dedicated server? do I just set MaxCustomFileSize=0; ?

Ok I've set the MaxCustomFileSize variable to 0 & 1000 and it does not work, the custom sounds still play. Anyone have any ideas?

errrr why would you want to disable custom sounds?

Agreed. To be perfectly frank, the sounds in ArmA are well, terrible. In some aspects they are ok but for the most part they just suck. No atmosphere.

I would love to see the Dynamic Range sound pack for OFP converted to ArmA.

He's not talking about sound replacement addons, he's talking about the custom files that players make and irritate you with by spamming the server with their custom radio sounds.

Some are funny, like Arnold yelling at the top of his lungs, but after the thousandth time, you want to kill them.

Quote[/b] ]he's not talking about sound replacement addons, he's talking about the custom files that players make and irritate you with by spamming the server with their custom radio sounds.

Yes exactly and it also a factor in causing long load times for players joining coop's that have been running for several hours...

So to get back on topic does anyone have an answer?. I'm putting the variable in ArmA.cg. Should I be putting it in *.ArmAProfile instead?

You should be putting that in your server config file that is loaded with the -config=sample.cfg command