Sign in to follow this  
fer

BAS f

Question about the BAS  template. Im using it to build missions and so far it has been terrific. Two questions.

1. Ive built a mission based on ShackTac group breakdown for a Marine platoon. I have the mission set up for respawn=Side. Right now we are still only spawning into our  individual groups then to bird after 4 deaths. Why is that happening.

2. Casualty Cap

Again Im using ShackTac group list in the Casualty cap array. Im not populating every group though as we dont get enough players. My Casualty threshold is set to 75%. Does this mean that of all troops in game I have to hit 75% to get a result or in my individual 4 man group if I hit 75% it will alert me. Do I need to turn off all AI units to get them out of the game (so right no I have 20 slots but may only get 7 players in)

Hope these questions make sense.

Question about the BAS  template. Im using it to build missions and so far it has been terrific. Two questions.

1. Ive built a mission based on ShackTac group breakdown for a Marine platoon. I have the mission set up for respawn=Side. Right now we are still only spawning into our  individual groups then to bird after 4 deaths. Why is that happening.

2. Casualty Cap

Again Im using ShackTac group list in the Casualty cap array. Im not populating every group though as we dont get enough players. My Casualty threshold is set to 75%. Does this mean that of all troops in game I have to hit 75% to get a result or in my individual 4 man group if I hit 75% it will alert me. Do I need to turn off all AI units to get them out of the game (so right no I have 20 slots but may only get 7 players in)

Hope these questions make sense.

respawn side doesn't work

casualty rate will most probably count all the units on a side

so if you leave AI at base it won't work cos they won't die

don't exactly know how bas f works with cas rate but the one we use at zeus works like that ...

Thanks Wabbit. Thats a bummer on the spawn side. Can you send me a sample Zeus message that I could use for casualties?

Thanks for the update Fer & Co!

I know I'm a bit behind but better late than never wink_o.gif

/KC

@ KeyCat: LOL, no problem, glad to hear you're using it.

@ All: Since v1-1 was released, we have seen 400+ downloads of the framework. However, hardly anyone ever posts in here. What I'm dying to know is:

a) Are people using BAS f, or just downloading it and moving on?

b) What kind of missions are people making?

c) Is anyone willing to post some examples of missions made with BAS f?

Fer

Im actually finding your framework to be very useful. Im using it to create missions that work well in multiplayer. The only glitch Ive seen so far is the respawn side issue stated in another post. Its very helpful in setting up parameters to give the user lots of options in the mission including weather and AI performance. The mission result section was a little tricky to figure out as the examples were limited in the docs. Keep up the good work on this. Hope you continue to enhance.

<span style='color:red'>UPDATED INFORMATION</span>

BAS f v1-2 RELEASED

New & Updated Features

Key changes since the last public release (v1-1) include:

- Added support for Schmalfelden

- Added support for South Sahrani

- Added support for Avgani

- Added support for Uhao

- Added support for LDDK training island (Isla de Pollo)

- Added new ShackTac mission.sqm files for ACU, MARPAT D and Woodland

- Added ShackTac f mission template folders for all supported islands

- Updated ShackTac platoon loadouts

- Updated Kegetys Spectator Script for ArmA component

- Updated guidelines on mission naming in the manual

Full Information & Downloads

For more information and download links, please see the biki page:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BAS_f

FER

Im glad to see that this is still supported. Its a great tool for mission makers and makes making missions quick and easy.

FER

Im glad to see that this is still supported. Its a great tool for mission makers and makes making missions quick and easy.

@ gunterlund - Good to know you still find it useful. I plan to support BAS f for the forseeable future; the reason for the long delay after v1-2 was due to family issues (birth of first child etc.). I am already working on v1-3 with some collaborators. BTW, I'm always keen to see examples of missions made with BAS f - over the years only 1 or 2 have ever been sent to me (despite thousands of downloads of the framework itself). If anyone out there has something good they made with v1-1 or v1-2 I would love to get a PM with a download link!

Congrats to your 'family issues' biggrin_o.gif And to this release as well, of course.

Q: Is there a native German speaker in the community who would be interested in helping translate the manual? We're shortly going to release a version which supports ACE, and it would be awesome to provide a German-language version in addition to the English and Russian versions which we already produce. If you're interested, please drop me a PM.

Dear BAS,

I have in the past used the BAS-F to make my missions.  This has been a most useful tool.  What I am wondering is, if this template is fully compatible with the New ACE MOD?  Is there anything that is not in which I will need to remove or comment out?  The reason I am asking is my gaming unit is fully embracing ACE Mod and I would still like to use this template.  But I am concern about some of the scripts such as:

AI Skill selector

kevb0's Wounding Script

Kegetys Spectator Script for ArmA

Any help and guidance would of course by greatly apprecated! biggrin_o.gif

Hi Landdon, glad to know you use BAS f and have found it useful. To answer your question, the current public version of BAS f (v1-2) should work fine with the outstanding ACE mod. The only component we recommend you disable / do not use, is kevb0's Wounding Script, which is superceeded by the ACE mod's own system for wounding and medical care. Just so you know, a new build of BAS f, with full support for all the ACE islands, should be out sometime later this week. Watch this space ...

smile_o.gif

<span style='color:red'>UPDATED INFORMATION</span>

BAS f v1-3-1 RELEASED (now with ACE)

New & Updated Features

Key changes since the last public release (v1-2) include:

- Added support for all islands from the ACE Islands Pack v1.00

- Added support for Afghan Village

- Added ACE mission file template

- Replaced ShackTac mission.sqm files with new ACE MARPAT and MARPAT D versions

- Updated ShackTac platoon loadouts

- Added kevb0's assignGear component (for ShackTac loadouts)

- Extended ShackTac f mission template folders to include all ACE islands

- Added LDD Kyllikki: Baseline Mission File Template (FDF Version)

Full Information & Downloads

For more information and download links, please see the biki page:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BAS_f

Hello BAS team,

thank you very much for your useful framework, it discharged me of days of work and lot's of mistakes. eek-1e6fb.gif

Here is my humble contribution in the form of an stringtable in which are corrected/added the frenchspeaking options for the Conditions selector.

(3080b)

http://amb3940.be/stringtable.zip

Cheers

@ JanMasterson - Thank you for your contribution - I've included it in the next build of BAS f, which should be available to the public shortly. Your name is also now in the credits!

smile_o.gif

Is it just me or does the setGroupIds feature no longer work with the latest version of ACE 1.01?

Is it just me or does the setGroupIds feature no longer work with the latest version of ACE 1.01?

Seems to work here. Have you checked to ensure the feature is switched on? By default it is switched off for BAS f folders, although it is switched on for ShackTac f folders.

yeah it's a mission Ive been working on a while now, yesterday all fine side chat working as it should installed ace patch and now its not working...weird sad_o.gif

yeah it's a mission Ive been working on a while now, yesterday all fine side chat working as it should installed ace patch and now its not working...weird sad_o.gif

ok looks like it was just co-incedence it's working again now so musta been a problem elsewhere..

ok looks like it was just co-incedence it's working again now so musta been a problem elsewhere..

phew! Had me scratching my head there ...  smile_o.gif

phew! Had me scratching my head there ...  smile_o.gif

me too fella, have no idea what caused it or for that matter what fixed it..

I do get the following whenever I come out of the MP-Editor though

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">f\common\@ShackTac_assignGear.sqf not found

and I can assure you it's there..

I do get the following whenever I come out of the MP-Editor though

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">f\common\@ShackTac_assignGear.sqf not found

and I can assure you it's there..

Hmmm. The only place you should see that script being called is within the INIT line of a unit from one of the ShackTac platoons (found in either mission_ShackTac_ACE_MARPAT.sqm or mission_ShackTac_ACE_MARPAT_D.sqm).