Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

LOST BROTHERS LEBANON/SINAI UPDATE/MAP RELEASE

The Lost Brothers Mod Team is proud to present:

The release of our Lebanon map (1980's) version 1.2 and the update to our Sinai map version 1.5.

All necessary 3rd party addons (along with their associated readmes and credits) are included in the pack making it a one stop download.  

WARNING: The Lebanon map is still in beta stage, so please don't insult us or call us names if you don't like it.   We need constructive criticism not insults.  Thank you.

Without further adoo... the link is here at:

Lebanon/Sinai Download page (CLICK HERE)

New download Mirror:

http://ofp.4players.de/sys....ateg=34

Pics and second mirror link courtesy of Imutep

Lebenon Pic:

libanon1.jpg

Sinai pics:

sinai1.jpg

sinai3.jpg

sinai4.jpg

sinai5.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks. The Lebanon map is still in a beta stage so any feedback on improvements, bugs, etc... is welcome. Also any missions made on them is welcome as well.

Still working on getting those screenshots. I've been upgrading to a new computer so haven't had time to take them.

We should be releasing some more goodies very shortly as well. Oh crap....you know what...I just realized that I posted this on the wrong section.... I need to ask a mod to move it over to Addons:Complete

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Been playing around with the Lebanon Map in the editor, and so far so good. I do get a lot of lag when playing around the cities and villages however.

Looking forward to when you finish the map and fill it out a bit more. biggrin_o.gif

Installation: should I put all addons in Res\Addons or to make stand-alone mod folder?

Thats what the "Read-me" Is there for my friend smile_o.gif

glad to see this mod is still here rofl.gif

there are alot more comin in the future ...

sfc.itzhak

I understand that the team is probably hard pressed between real life and listening to whining about "When will it be released?".

But... Any chance of receiving a life sign, screen, something?

Seeing the Falklands finally released, raised my hopes that there is still some fighting spirit in good old OFP.

I understand that the team is probably hard pressed between real life and listening to whining about "When will it be released?".

But... Any chance of receiving a life sign, screen, something?

Seeing the Falklands finally released, raised my hopes that there is still some fighting spirit in good old OFP.

wait m8..

and trust me the waiting period will be worthy... smile_o.gif

That sounds like inside info, so I'll take your word for it. Anyway I can wait, the idea in the post was to hear from the team a bit more.

That sounds like inside info, so I'll take your word for it. Anyway I can wait, the idea in the post was to hear from the team a bit more.

well i am a part of the team so i am not guessing....

It would be great to have more mission around Iran/Irak or at this Lebanon Map.

But i miss some IDF/Egypt mision at sinai ?

Maybe its to late because AMA reason ?

I hope we see some mission at this areas

Darkhans

The only thing holding back Addon Pack #3, is me trying to graduate from grad school and going nuts working on papers and stuff. The pack is ready to go, but requires a few touch-ups on missions (which I will probably just have to release as-is) and needs the read-me's finished to make sure that all of the appropriate people are credited properly and that certain scripts are included for some of the animations and stuff on the vehicles.

I'm hardly home as I leave at sunrise, get home at sundown, eat, check emails, chat with the LoBo team and sleep usually. But gradually I'm wrapping it up. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a little time to work on it if I don't get caught up in Easter festivities or misc. "real life" socializing because....I apologize, but women are a priority in my life.

OFP is fun, but hot women are funner.

At any rate, don't worry the other team members are riding my ass to get the pack released so it will happen soon.

We are devoted for the time being to ArmA at least until a good set of tools are released and most of the major bugs are worked out in ArmA. Even then, we may have an OFP and ArmA section of our mod if it seems like it will be easy to convert the addons from one to another. This is because certain things work more smoothly in OFP than in ArmA such as the ability to run much larger missions with the same computer needed to run ArmA. Plus there is the simple fact, that OFP works on a much greater range of computers than ArmA which requires a fairly powerful computer to run with decent frame rates.

As for map missions. The Iran/Iraq map was made as a side project. I have begged the OFP community to use it, but so far, surprisingly nobody has released any missions made on our map. I have a few in various stages of completion that I may release some time in the future if I ever get around to finishing them. For the Lebanon map, Addon Pack #3 will include some missions for that map as our Hezbollah pack (also in Addon Pack #3) otherwise would not have any place to to be used realistically.

After this, future releases will probably be in much smaller packs and updates to existing packs.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader