Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Bridges in OFP!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Feb. 06 2002,23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder what would happen if they released game like this now  ?? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Definite bestseller.

Sure shows you how far they have come in the game...bet they loved it when new technology came out that allowed stuff they wanted in the game but wasn't supported at the time......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ Feb. 07 2002,01:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where can I download this?<span id='postcolor'>

Read this OFPN news item.

I downloaded these "demos" a few dayes ago,, and I thin kthat the second demo (frmo -97?) really rocked! IMO, it was pretty nice graphics (kinda reminded me about the massive online flightsim Aces High).

Really cool engine smile.gif

Here's the picture, so you don't have to go to the other forum...

ofp-bridge.jpg

That bridge would look extremely out of place in any of the islands!!!!

Talking about bridges brings up another point....

THERE IS NO RUNNING WATER ON ANY OF THE ISLANDS.

If you want bridges, they must cross something.

Quiet village to village roadways would not warrant an over pass. Bridges must cross water if it is to be realistic (Even if it is crossing a canyon, there is normally running water at the bottom??).

I want bridges. It would be brilliant. But you'd need running water, and basically a new island.

And railways, like someone else said. The two would create a million more scenario's....

smile.gif

(Insert random anti-american slogans here to turn this thread into a yank-bash)

a bridge would be so cool and even cooler if u could blow it to bits and a railway would be soo cool as welll u could do a james bond style mission a few or questions why ant there any ribs in the game u now thos boats that are made of rubber and have an out board motor they would rule and attilery there is cannon in ofp but u cant use it whyyyy not

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Enemy of the State @ Feb. 07 2002,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a bridge would be so cool and even cooler if u could blow it to bits and a railway would be soo cool as welll u could do a james bond style mission a few or questions why ant there any ribs in the game u now thos boats that are made of rubber and have an out board motor they would rule and attilery there is  cannon in ofp but u cant use it whyyyy not<span id='postcolor'>

lol, these posts without dots... they are almost funny to read wink.gif

sadly that would require an engine change. currently the maps cannot have polys under eachother, ie the landscape is created by vertical displacement.

What if bridges are treated in the same way as houses? I mean, you can walk in houses right?

This overlapping polygon problem could be overcome then no? Maybe vehicles couldn't cross it then? only infantry?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ Feb. 08 2002,05:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sadly that would require an engine change. currently the maps cannot have polys under eachother, ie the landscape is created by vertical displacement.<span id='postcolor'>

That is true of the landscape itself, but objects can be placed on top, such as houses. It seems like it would be possible to make bridges or even caves by using non-landscape objects, altough the performance might be very bad.

how do you get them to work, i clicked run but then it gave an error message and crashed. do you have to extract it to ofp directory?