Sign in to follow this  
kittycat

Extremely low fps near trees

Hi

I am getting extremley low FPS near trees. When playing on a blank mission, when looking towards a dense forest th fps get extremly low. This also happens if I move close to a single tree. When I move past the tree FPs gets back to normal.

What is causing that?

Sytsem:

AMD 2400

1GB RAM

GF 7600 Card

Click

In the keywords field type: 'trees AND fps'

Then hit the button at the bottom and see. smile_o.gif

There are a bunch of topics covering this issue already. This one just adds another one and more complexity to the forums.

I have not found another trhead with the tree fps thing

turn shader detail completely down, turn off anti-aliasing, turn off shadows

This one could be interesting for you.

This one covers the issue, too.

This one maybe too.

Have you patched to 1.05? I've got no more or very little performance issues with bushes/trees since that.

Setting frames render to 0 fixed the mouse lag. Shader detail very low helped remove some tree lag but near some trees it still gets less than 3fps.

Also why are the settings changed for multiplayer? Grass is always on in MP making it not playable for me

Also why are the settings changed for multiplayer? Grass is always on in MP making it not playable for me

Some of the settings, like viewing distance and grass are determined by server. This is done to keep all multiplayer players on same level. Otherwise someone could have an advantage by removing grass / seeing enemies trough grass while others had grass in front to block the view. Same with the viewing distance; if someone would be able to see the enemy 5km away and others only 1km away, it would give unfair advantage to the player with 5km setting.

Grass stops showing after 20m. So this limit is totally useless.

Grass stops showing after 20m. So this limit is totally useless.

Since 1.05, there is a grass layer that makes grass partially conceal you even over a distance. So the limit is not useless. Grass also sometimes obstructs your view, which is another reason for it to be server side.