Sign in to follow this  

DisableAI "TARGET"

Hey, sorry about the many questions the last few days here, as im trying to finish up spawning artillery batteries -

Ive done some testing, and it *appears* as tho DisableAI "TARGET" will not allow ai units on a waypoint plan to leave that plan if they are engaged/detect enemy, but I cant confirm 100% as testing was kind of difficult, I never did actually see the group under this condition move to enemy pos during my tests tho..

Wondered if anyone can confirm this command will prevent units from leaving a waypoint plan during combat..

(this is too keep artillery battery gaurds and patrols at the battery regardless of nearby conlfict smile_o.gif )

Then there's also the new command enableAttack which should disable the AI leader's ability to order attacks - might also keep the units nicely in line. Try it!

Good luck.

Regards,

Wolfrug

DisableAI "Target" will prevent the unit from sending troops to engage detected enemies. When applied to all the units in a group it ensures that group cohesion is maintained. The group leader will keep to his waypoint plan whether or not you disable this though, but with disableAI "Target" he will no longer send his troops to their deaths one by one. enableattack might work the same, but have not tested it.

DisableAI "Target" will prevent the unit from sending troops to engage detected enemies. When applied to all the units in a group it ensures that group cohesion is maintained. The group leader will keep to his waypoint plan whether or not you disable this though, but with disableAI "Target" he will no longer send his troops to their deaths one by one. enableattack might work the same, but have not tested it.

Sounds great, doing exactly that, setting each unit to disableAI "TARGET" -

I didnt know, according to what you posted, that group leaders always stick to the waypoint plan regardless of combat scenario, still, this should do fine.

Thanks all for the very helpfull insight on this smile_o.gif