Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

FDF sound pack v1.0

oh great... a double post!

hate my connection today....

Mods, you know what to do wink_o.gif

Hello

Just want to tell you, that i really like the work from FDF!

It made Arma so much better IMO notworthy.gif

Regards

Daniel

Sorry if this has been reported before, (I don't have the time at the moment to sift through the thread), but I get a very strange bug when running the FDF Sound Mod.

No infantry has any primary weapon anymore. Well, I lie. They do, but it's invisible and located in their chest and their chest spits out fire and you can kill them dead with chest burst mode.

huh.gifyay.gif

I had that bug as well, it was caused by another addon somehow conflicting with this one. It was one of my own so I can't tell you which addon you need to get rid off (Although my addon has everything tagged and was done before this came out, it still somehow conflicted with the FDF pack).

Just use the "old" method of moving all the addons out and then moving them back in one by one. Start up the game after each addon to see if the sound pack is working correctly.

@goeth:

Are you still working on the soundpack?

- If yes when do you plan or expect to release a new version with the tank sounds fixed?

@goeth:

- If yes when do you plan or expect to release a new version with the tank sounds fixed?

+ m16 sound...which doesnt sound good.

(i´ve fired one, so I know.)

Yep still working, no release date planned, it´s done when it´s done biggrin_o.gif

Yep still working, no release date planned, it´s done when it´s done biggrin_o.gif

Sounds like you working for BIS rofl.gif .

Man this sound pack is a job well done! notworthy.gif

Some how it made my FPS a lil' Higher..

pistols.gif

@goeth:

+ m16 sound...which doesnt sound good.

(i´ve fired one, so I know.)

once? smile_o.gif

Well this soundpack is better than original sounds. Thanks.

Yeah, I love this pack, even though the grenade-sounds sound a bit muffled, and the M16-burst mode-sound doesn't match the rate of fire ingame :/

Nah, the weapons sounds in this are spotty at best. Some of them are awesome, others not so much. The worst part is all of them, tragically, sound like they have some sort of synthesized or artificial background noise to them, like they've been noticeably produced artificially.

They're also quite flat in sound. Gunshots are noticeably sharp in sound, a very distinctive sharpness that anybody with shooting experience can tell. I'd love to give the FDF guys some input into what to change to make them sound better, if they'd be willing to.

They're still pretty good, and much better than the default sound pack -- though then again, stepping on a duck and recording its screams would be better than the default sounds.

As a matter of fact, for just how different the in game sounds compare to real sounds, observe:

1) Real Minimi (M249 SAW) firing:

2) FDF soundpack Minimi firing in this video:

Huge, completely noticeable difference.

Man I just wish somebody could make my weapons sound like real weapons.

hey guys

yeah the sounds arent perfect but the main thing is they are an improvement over the original ones, big time! So thanks for that.

one thing though, the chopper sounds are now much louder when you are flying in the choppers, this is good but it makes it much harder to hear teamspeak when piloting. Is there any way to lower the volume of choppers when piloting them, as in reality im sure the pilots headphones would cut out most of that sound anyway.

just a thought

kiwi.

those sounds are scary pistols.gif i like it very much especaily

the sound of the choppers good work mate yay.gif

When will we see an update to the soundpack?

In particular, when will the tank sounds will be updated, so se will hear them more than 70m away?

We are using it in our COOP nights, but it still bugs everyone of us to hear tanks, trucks, Jeeps just some meters away.

So Goeth, please release an update!

Is it possible to get this working with the beta patch? I ask since the beta patch has to be launched with the batch-file?

Edit the batch file in notepad and add the fdf switch BEFORE the beta switch in the -mod= parameter. Save and exit.

don't really know why people hate the stocks sounds so much, I think they are well done.

I tried your sound pack, and I could not get used to how quiet to tanks and aircraft are. Playing a match and a Mi17 snuck up on me, then a couple minutes later a t72 sneeks up on me too!

I really enjoyed the exlosion sounds, other than that I am going to stick with stock.

Is there anyway you can create a explosion only addon?

Edit the batch file in notepad and add the fdf switch BEFORE the beta switch in the -mod= parameter. Save and exit.

Uhm, I`m a bit new to this. So I just type fdf after the =mod? Like this: -mod=fdf beta -nosplash?

Uhm, I`m a bit new to this. So I just type fdf after the =mod? Like this: -mod=fdf beta -nosplash?

sorry, no. I'll be more clear.

-mod=FDF_Sounds;beta

Next time I'll give you a complete answer the first time!

I think its a great mod, the weapons sound excellent but the vehicles are a bit, well sh*t. for example the hummer, 4x4 and sedan engines sound far too quiet u can hardly hear em, the tanks sound weird (t72 especially) and the minigun sounds crap also. but other that its great and better than the origional

I got the FDF sound mods to work with the beta for me easily. I'm just running a shortcut for the beta on my desktop. Here's a few examples of what the parameter should look like:

Here's mine:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">E:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=FDF_Sounds;beta -nosplash -world=empty

Here's with the game installed to default location:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=FDF_Sounds;beta -nosplash -world=empty

The "-nosplash -world=empty" just make the game load up faster, you can keep it in or get rid of it, up to you.

Does this pack stop addons being used in conjunction with it?

I ask because the other sound pack knocking around stops addons showing up when the modfolder is active. (ModWarSound? not sure of the pack's name confused_o.gif )

Cheers smile_o.gif

EDIT: Works like a charm, addons still working

A great improvement over the original sounds inlove.gif