Sign in to follow this  
White935

Graphic dying over time

Greeting. I'm a player of Arma Armed assault. and i love the game. i didnt notice this during 1.04 ( it might been there, but if so i've been lucky and not noticed it).

however since i installed 1.05 i've been having textures and sometimes buildings polygons turns mad.

i've had letts say a humwee's texture turn completely green, and truck ect. the appearance is still there. but the texture is completely odd.

aswell as when this starts to come ( I am supisously alt tabbing might be triggering it for me) i can look one direction and everything is alright. but whe ni turn around quick the texture is really really poor, and then eventually shapens up. if i turn back where i looked the texture is messed up, and it takes a a 10 secounds and it turn into what its suposed to do.

i can play fine in singelplayer for aslong as i want, this only thus far appeared in MP, i might think i've experienced it once in 1.04 or so now that i think on it.

however i know this might be the leak people say ATI have, but. thats the issue, i dont have a ATI card.

Dell: operative system XP

My specs: 2,4 X2 dual core Cpu. ( never had problems with the cpu, even if i just run on one, with other demanding games like. (( i aint completely sure on the CPU as it aint showing correctly no my computer, but its powerful anyway).

2 gig ram.

SB X-Fi Audio

NIVIDIA Geforce 7900 GS (useing newest forceware for XP)

directX 9c

i aint quite sure if there's something wrong, this comptuer plays the game completely fine wit both high and midium settings on singel player with little to no preformance issues.

if somone could help me out i'd be grateful, i aint sure how and where to post bugs, and i aint even sure if its the game or my computer, but so far i've tried to switch some settings to pull more horsepower from my graphic card but it did nothing to help the matter.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem I put textures lower and that fixed it for me.

sure thats a tempory solution, it dosnt come as often ( or fast?) but i'd still want to find a permantent and effective solution.

Iv'e noticed when you turn around theres a chance a soldier, weapon or vehicle isn't textured for several seconds. Iv'e experienced this problem with an ATI X800 XT Pro card and a Nvidia 8800 GTS card so it's not an ATI problem. Iv'e only played with patch 1.05 and can't comment on if this problem existed before 1.05. I wonder wheather other people can shed some more light on this issue?

I've noticed the same thing both during cutscenes and in-game. If I hop into the back of an M113 I'm surrounded by stick men who slowly morph into fleshed out textured models, feels like invasion of the body snatchers help.gif

E6600

2GB

Nvidia 7900 GT 512MB

SB Audigy

Logitech MX518

Hi White935 welcome.gif

Check this entry and afterwards your settings. Its an overload

of textures (in too high detail setting)

-

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=59373

You should be able to tune it in a way, where this problem

either ceases to exist, or creeps up at least in an reduced manner.

Yes, its not pretty, when it happens, but can be avoided.

Not sure, if BIS will be able to fix this completely..for every

GFX-card/setting/amount of VRAM there is. We'll see. smile_o.gif

Also, memory allocation has been changed completely

going from 1.04 to 1.05 so dont be surprised too much,

if you did not have this with 1.04.

(Instant map load with 1.05, for example..instead of everytime

new loading it from HDD)

ohh;..and please let us know, if you can successfully tune it

to an point, its bearable, thank you!