Sign in to follow this  
Joiner

Fedain

yeah i got the message not to bother going to the base and head for the south of that town and the roadblock

mentioned and took the middle truck,was the only one with stigers onboard.

headed across country after that,avoiding the roads.

Quote[/b] ]about the civilian issue - try to force him to careless mode with some script loop that will change his status every 1 second or less

Unfortunally, the script doesn't help... I used the following loop:

#loop

~0.1

? alive civ3: goto "ok"

goto "loop"

#ok

group1 setBehaviour "CARELESS"

exit

you can try put setUnitPos "up" in the loop, but dont know if it helps, if not replace the original BIS civilian with some civilian addon which you can find here in forums...

Quote[/b] ]yeah i got the message not to bother going to the base and head for the south of that town and the roadblock

mentioned and took the middle truck,was the only one with stigers onboard.

headed across country after that,avoiding the roads.

Try to place the truck closer to your team leader (15-20m) at the end of the missions - this must finish the mission.

Quote[/b] ]you can try put setUnitPos "up" in the loop

Thanks, I'll try this.

Quote[/b] ]Try to place the truck closer to your team leader (15-20m) at the end of the missions - this must finish the mission

hehe,what team leader?

when the mission started the others all get into a 4x4 with no room left for me so i presumed that it was solo mission?

Also im sure the guy told me too 'meet' him at that map refrence point once i'd stolen the supply truck?

plus when i arrived at the meeting point the others aren't there,i did try speeding up time but they still didn't show!

Many thanks for "Fedain" (Fedayeen?) - it made a pleasant change from the BIS attempts. Managed to complete them all without too many dramas - although I was trying to work out why in the Supply Truck mission the enemy all came up with friendly tags. It was reflected in the final score too - minus 17200 for that round. No worries - I don't play for the score anyway.

Re the task where you need to take a Dragunov, post-1.05 you now also have the option to grab a 12.7mm rifle. Much more useful!

Managed to shoot down 5 enemy helis, but wasn't credited for any of them! Probably a BIS-game-engine issue...

Quote[/b] ]Try to place the truck closer to your team leader (15-20m) at the end of the missions - this must finish the mission

hehe,what team leader?

when the mission started the others all get into a 4x4 with no room left for me so i presumed that it was solo mission?

Also im sure the guy told me too 'meet' him at that map refrence point once i'd stolen the supply truck?

plus when i arrived at the meeting point the others aren't there,i did try speeding up time but they still didn't show!

nice campaign, but I'm stuck on this mission also -- have stolen 5t truck with machinegun, driven it to correct map reference, but mission doesn't end...

Mandrake

Quote[/b] ]plus when i arrived at the meeting point the others aren't there,i did try speeding up time but they still didn't show!

Yeah, The mission ends after you take the truck to the team leader (he leaves you at the beginning of the mission). It doesn't end 'cause the truck and the team leader do not "meet". If you don't see the team at the final point, replay the mission - most likely, the car got stuck somewhere... I'll try to fix this...

Same here, got to meeting point, but nobody there. I sense a setup in the air ... those copters circling are scouting for the 20 M1`s on the way, hehe.

I'd like to share my findings. Did you notice that these events are played up in the campaign:

- Sniper Juba. It feels like the 2nd mission puts you in his skin.

- <link removed by moderator> - the same scene in Oilland;

- Lot of heli crashes in the news - the chopper hunting in the campaign.

Any more?

hello ive played through the first three missions stuck on the supply truck mission replayed it three times and still wont end.good stuff so far smile_o.gif

Fun campaign! Thanks for that. thumbs-up.gif

In the mission with the truck, right at the start I notice the leader

shouting out an map reference (to the driver of the 4x4) to go to;..

far away from Startpoint. Ei47 (Rashidah)

What happened for me (several times tried; restart of mission)

was, the driver of the 4x4 moves towards said grid reference,

once the leader is in (ok) but then after approx. 25m, suddenly

turns around and moves back to the startpoint!

Then the 4x4 stands there not moving anymore at all.

Thats why it never reaches 'meeting location'

First, I thought, it would have been run into an soldier or

heli patrol and got destroyed;..but it just sits at startpoint

until rotten. smile_o.gif

Waypoint switching too fast? Too far spread? (That breaks a mission)

---

Edit: Ohh, and here is, what I absolutely dont like about the missions,

but that is purely personal preference.

-

If I catch an bullet from an invincible sniper out of nowhere,

to prevent me from entering certain areas;..I'm major pissed.

2nd and 3rd mission even? Dont try my patience! wink_o.gif

Good work!

Thanks for the description of the problem! Frankly speaking, I had no idea what happened, 'cause on my computer the team reaches the meeting point in any case... I'll think how to fix this.

I play the mission in the campaign when you must find chopper to destroy them with stinger, but don't see any chopper??? I have tried to follow a 4*4 which go to a zodiac (little boat) but nothing happened?

So please, could you tell me where i must go to see the chopper?

nb : Thank's for this very interesting campaign.

Xavier.

The choppers follow some route all around the island. You must try

to be in their route and be quick about shooting them down.

Do not read the 'mission solution' (inside briefing) if you want more tension.

Do not lose your truck. Put at least one more stinger

on your nr.2 (I mean the missile only, not launcher)

I dont wanna spoil too much.

Good chances to get an chooper, would be in the general vincinity

of Cayo and three opportunities would arise around Corazol.

Thats where the turbine sound came from anyways.. wink_o.gif

I'll try this tomorrow! This is what I love about ArmA (and OFP) Years and years after it's released, it'll still be fresh and new with so many user made missions/campaigns. I hope to make a campaign myself one day.

A couple points:

First of all a very well set up campaign as far as immersive scenarios go. Great job there.

Secondly, I get stuck at the meeting point with the truck too so I hope you manage to find a fix for this.

Thirdly, the missions are so immersive but it's spoiled a bit by the plot. I mean, c'mon "OILland?" and Americans killing farmers for Oil? LOL! Maybe setting it up for something a bit more realistic like roleplaying the part of, say, a naive goat farmer that is pressured into joining an insurgency against the liberating forces for the purpose of helping the local warlord gain more power and control over his subjects, and thus more social standing for the main character's family.

Just a suggestion that would put a more realistic storyline and some drama into the game. smile_o.gif

Other than that this is one of the most fun campaigns out there so good work overall!

I mean, c'mon "OILland?" and Americans killing farmers for Oil?  LOL!

OILland =iraq

usa killing farmers in OIlland, yup

someone posted a link to it a few posts back.

here it is in case u cant find it

<link removed by moderator>

I mean, c'mon "OILland?" and Americans killing farmers for Oil?  LOL!

OILland =iraq

usa killing farmers in OIlland, yup

someone posted a link to it a few posts back.

here it is in case u cant find it

<link removed by moderator>

You're kidding me right?  I mean, you seriously believe this anonymous website?

What if I post a website too, will that make it fact?

No, the fact is you want to believe it for whatever bias you hold against the US.  I'll spare you the facts about this incident because I doubt you'd be interested in the mundane reality.

i've completed risky raid 5 times now(when i say complete i mean gotten to the end with the ammo truck but the mission refuses to end), none of the times has the leader been at the end location, and i can't seem to find him anywhere. maybe they have been killed? by one of the many strikers?

any light that can be shed on this, or a way round would be greatly appreciated, I've enjoyed the campaign so far greatly.

Quote[/b] ]You're kidding me right? I mean, you seriously believe this anonymous website?

just check the video, you don't need to read the stuff from the anonymous website.

facts wich are most likely undisputed:

3 civilians are killed by a helicopter next to a tractor plowing a field. in early evening. (1630 zulu time)

they discarded a pipe like thing in the field.

where's the evidence now they were 'insurgents'?

even if it was a rpg, there was no direct threat to the helicopter or any other third party. if the us military considered what they had to be a weapon they should have sent police a military patrol to investigate it and detain them.

and don't tell me that'd it'd be to risky...

back to actual topic, i'll try the campaign out this evening. looking forward to it. i was a bit dissapointed that there are hardly any singleplayer missions on SLA side.

You're kidding me right?  I mean, you seriously believe this anonymous website?

What if I post a website too, will that make it fact?

No, the fact is you want to believe it for whatever bias you hold against the US.  I'll spare you the facts about this incident because I doubt you'd be interested in the mundane reality.

I am a U.S. citizen and that video made me sick. I have no bias against my country and would gladly fight in any war (with a just cause) but they posed no threat, not to mention a wounded man was gunned down helplessly. now to stop being political, great campaign. smile_o.gif