Sign in to follow this  
Joiner

Fedain

I've tried taking the truck back to the beginning of the mission and then an even more confusing thing happens. the mission goes into a cut scene with the leader congratulating you on getting the stingers, then everyone gets out of the truck and guns me down with AK47's..................... crazy_o.gif

what on earth is going on?huh.gif

Yep, saw the video. So you're more willing to believe the story this website spoonfeeds you, that Americans were killing farmers for sport? My guess is you have no idea what the extenuating circumstances are but are quite willing to believe the ones that fit your bias.

I know it's all the fashion to be anti-US/Bush/Iraq/etc.,etc.

The fact is these "farmers" were carrying a long tubular object the one picks out of the vehicle. Hmmmm, maybe that was just a baby milk container? I'm sure they should have waited to see what came out of it first huh? Do you honestly think the Apache was just flying around and picked on some random farmers? What the hell makes you think that the RPG wasn't a threat, even if a small one in the hands of enemy combatants?

Think for yourselves folks, do some research and temper it with common sense. The net is already full of crap

Yep, saw the video. So you're more willing to believe the story this website spoonfeeds you, that Americans were killing farmers for sport? My guess is you have no idea what the extenuating circumstances are but are quite willing to believe the ones that fit your bias.

The fact is these "farmers" were carrying a long tubular object the one picks out of the vehicle. Hmmmm, maybe that was just a baby milk container? I'm sure they should have waited to see what came out of it first huh? Do you honestly think the Apache was just flying around and picked on some random farmers? What the hell makes you think that the RPG wasn't a threat, even if a small one in the hands of enemy combatants?

Think for yourselves folks, do some research and temper it with common sense. The net is already full of crap

Yea and some random guy who has barely been on these forums is more trustworthy icon_rolleyes.gif

You didn't even bother to link to some info or anything. Care to show some of your research?

@thy_raven: Sounds like you killed some friendlies somewhere. Unless it's suppose to happen. Also, there are no AK47s in ArmA (not without addons at least). It's an AK74.

STOP OFFTOPIC!

Watch out, SPOILER!

Returning to the campaign.

I manage to get to the third mission (on veteran, first was really frustrating but juicy in the same time). I stole a truck with stingers in it and moved to the buildings marked on the map. And... nothing. Is it bug or I just did not get order?

I used stinger and one AT2 if that matter (i do not think so)

I would like to say that I think it is bad idea to kill player if he gets too close to abandoned base. Very not climatic. Rather make me regret sending multiple squads then just setdammage 1.

Second mission I did by sneaking INTO the base and expoiting stupid AI, I killed all enemy except tank in Cayo. For me it was poor mission, without realism or good athmosphere. I did not see any opportunity to make it properly (as a sniper from the hide in long distance) Not enough cover, too many enemies including armour.

Also for fun I killed friends on the beginning of the first mission. Nothing happened, no message or anything.

Although, it is nice to play the campaign and first mission was really impressive. But first Strykers... I think they would never ever move in column by road in such a early stage of war and at the front.

Yep, saw the video.  So you're more willing to believe the story this website spoonfeeds you, that Americans were killing farmers for sport?  My guess is you have no idea what the extenuating circumstances are but are quite willing to believe the ones that fit your bias.

The fact is these "farmers" were carrying a long tubular object the one picks out of the vehicle.  Hmmmm, maybe that was just a baby milk container?  I'm sure they should have waited to see what came out of it first huh?  Do you honestly think the Apache was just flying around and picked on some random farmers?  What the hell makes you think that the RPG wasn't a threat, even if a small one in the hands of enemy combatants?

Think for yourselves folks, do some research and temper it with common sense.  The net is already full of crap

Yea and some random guy who has barely been on these forums is more trustworthy icon_rolleyes.gif

You didn't even bother to link to some info or anything. Care to show some of your research?

@thy_raven: Sounds like you killed some friendlies somewhere. Unless it's suppose to happen. Also, there are no AK47s in ArmA (not without addons at least). It's an AK74.

Please, don't believe me.  That's the whole point.

Use your noggin, try to use common sense and inform yourself from both points of view instead of taking a short video prefaced with someone's uninformed opinion and drawing outrageous conclusions.

Anyway, a good place to start that is less likely to be biased is snopes:

<Link removed> - Shadow

If you still want to believe that the US military released video of some apache cowboys picking off poor harmless farmhands for sport than go ahead.

Oh, and I've been posting for a few months now so this has neither been a random post or the only thread I've been involved in so I'm not sure how my credibility is any less or more than anyone else's.

Just wondering, what song is that at the beginning of the campaign?

Ok, now that this banning thing has been cleared up, for those interested in the non-biased version of events for the link removed from my last post, you can find it at www.snopes.com by searching for "apache video".

The page in question does have a link to the video itself but I would advise strongly with caution watching it as the contents are disturbing, and well out of the scope of what should just be a fun game, not some sophomoric propaganda vehicle.

This is partially why I'm annoyed at this particular mission because of the careless re-simulation of the video contents using in-game scripting and it's insinuation that draws conclusions with the real world which simply aren't true.

any light that can be shed on this, or a way round would be greatly appreciated, I've enjoyed the campaign so far greatly.

I too have enjoyed this campaign.

As for a workaround....

An old OFP trick.....Left Shift + Numpad -(minus) then type in endmission . This is what I had to do to end the mission.

As for the Apache video talked about in the posts, why did the guy start to unwrapped this tubular item shortly after his friend was being shot at? Think about it!