Sign in to follow this  
Joiner

Fedain

Campaign "Fedain"

Current version: 1.0

Author: Edward Joiner

Campaign Description:

Being short of hydrocarbon resources, the U.S. government decided to occupy an independent country, Oilland, to get access to its oil wells. The people of Oilland unified in fight against the agressor...

Language: English

Side: EAST

Briefing, Overview: Yes

Sound Tracks: Yes

Intro: Yes

Outro: Yes

Installation notes:

1. Unzip the archive to the hard drive.

2. Copy the file fedain.pbo to the Campaigns folder of the root Armed Assault folder.

3. Play the campaign.

Download link:

http://softpro.1930.ru/downloads/fedain/fedain.zip

Logo:

http://softpro.1930.ru/downloads/fedain/fedain1.jpg

Mirror:

Fedain

A interesting, a first user made campaign !

Do you have any more info : number of missions, type of missions ?

Definitely going to give it a try... Thanks !

Malick

The campaign consists of 5 missions. Not a big one, but hope interesting.... It's a bit cruel, as any war though....

A interesting, a first user made campaign !

Actually, the first one was the PMC one. Then came another one which name I forget, and then there is this one.

I'll check this one out. It sounds sweet.

Problem with the second mission - he tells you to take an SVD, but it's the one weapon NOT in the crates....

The SVD rifle must be in one of the crates.... The campaign was tested twice - in both cases there was the rifle smile_o.gif

restarted the mission a couple of times and no SVD - I took a PK instead biggrin_o.gif and made my way down to tiberia. Raised some hell there and fought my way back to arcadia - been in all the marked buildings, but the mission doesn't want to end....

Shame, cos it seems like a pretty good campaign otherwise.

update: ok, managed to get mission to finish but still no SVD. ah well. smile_o.gif

Nice to finally have a politically unbiased campaign in ArmA icon_rolleyes.gif

Still, the missions are nice and I'm enjoying it.

about the second mission: i think you are meant to take the ak with snipersights (pso), not a dragunov.

You could explain that better in the text message...

First mission i played in its entirety: it was the first mission with you as a artillery guy. i liked that very much! Even managed to down the cobra with it! That was fun!

One minor thing: i noticed you use some copyrighted music in your movies. Don't know if that is a problem but thats not entirely legal...?

Good campaign sofar!

Thanks for the feedback! As for the second mission, the crates are too close and perhaps you always open the one that has the net over it... Try to point to the woodden crate more precisely before opening it... i need to fix that though in version 1.01 smile_o.gif

There is an SVD in crate on second mission but you have to get from single wooden crate not the pile of crates.

But I liked the 1st mission but having issues with second at moment but I'm sure I'll find a way past it.

Actually, the first one was the PMC one. Then came another one which name I forget, and then there is this one.

Hey, I've just realized you were right !

Thanks for pointing me that : I'll have another campaign to test.

By the way, I tried the Fedain campaign. In fact, I got killed during the first mission. First, by the airstrike. Next, by an Abrams... I suck !

Malick

i played all missions now and i must say that i was very amused by it; kept me "into it".

There is one thing about this campaign that irritated me a bit (sorry):

In the second mission you are rescued by a civilian who takes you to the res camp in the desert.

This guy managed to stop and get out evry 100 meters or so, lies down on his belly for 5 secs and comes back in.....

Maybe this guy should be driving in "careless"mode or something to prevent him from getting out all the time.

Nothing else that really was buggy, just this mission needs some work imho.

Exellent work overall; hope you make more campaigns in future! smile_o.gif

Nice campaign (difficult so far wink_o.gif ), with nice cutscenes and nice intro music smile_o.gif

I had also problem with 2 mission, driver left car about 20 times before he reached camp.

Thanks : ) I'm glad that you like the campaign. Yeah, the civilian leaves the car too often in the second mission. The issue is that he goes in Safe mode, no fire, and I couldn't do anything to fix this - it looks like there is some bug in the game...

Havent played your campaign yet, but sure i will...

about the civilian issue - try to force him to careless mode with some script loop that will change his status every 1 second or less - if you set him in careless mode he will automaticly switch to safe mode due to fsm files that uses Arma AI...

Thanks for the hint. I'll try to do this.

Enjoyable mini campaign.

Realy enoyed the 2nd mission.

I took the snipers rifle and headed too tibria killing everyone appart from the driver of the m113,then moved to the outskirts of cayo and took out most of the troops and mg nests.

Then i went into cayo taking out a the last few soldiers & stole 1 of the cobras and went on the rampage taking out the humvee's,strykers and the 2 m1a1's,ended up chasing down the littlebird and shooting that down before the mission ended

I noticed some things you might like to look at fixing!

some of the enemy are carring us weapons m4's ect while others seem to be using ak's,might be intentional but seems odd!

And i'm also stuck on the risky raid mission,i stole the supply truck no problem then headed for the meeting point at fd65 across country and ran into a stryker but it didn't attack me although i was only 30 yards away from it,so got out of the supply truck and grabbed an AT launcher and blew it up,driver and gunner bailed after the first hit & died when the stryker exploded

Arrived at fd65 meeting point with the supply truck intact but mission deosn't want to end for some reason?

Hope you carry on working on this,it's a blast! smile_o.gif

BiGGiBs

Having fun, but struggling on the first mission, when the M1A1s appear in the distance, my gun gets destroyed by their HEAT rounds before I can even see the incoming tanks, let alone engage them..... any advice?

Quote[/b] ]about the civilian issue - try to force him to careless mode with some script loop that will change his status every 1 second or less

Unfortunally, the script doesn't help... I used the following loop:

#loop

~0.1

? alive civ3: goto "ok"

goto "loop"

#ok

group1 setBehaviour "CARELESS"

exit

Then I used the script below to check whether it works:

i = 0

#loop

~0.01

i = i + 1

group1 setBehaviour "SAFE"

group1 setBehaviour "CARELESS"

_mood = behaviour player

hint format ["Good morning, Captain %1, %2.", i, _mood]

? not (alive hero): goto "ok"

goto "loop"

#ok

hint "im dead"

exit

Both loops work fine and the civilian is in CARELESS mode, but he does not ignore enemy units for some reason and goes prone....

Quote[/b] ]some of the enemy are carring us weapons m4's ect while others seem to be using ak's,might be intentional but seems odd!

Yeah, some of them prefer having ak's to avoid weapon jams in certain missions : ) AK's are less accurate, but there are fewer jams... Actually, US armed forces use both rifles in Iraq and Afganistan. But I guess officially, they use M-16 and M-4 only.

Quote[/b] ]And i'm also stuck on the risky raid mission

I'll look into the issue.... Do you take the truck on the road? Actually, you are not supposed to get to the base. Do you get a message when going to the base? Try to replay the mission I think something went wrong at the beginning...