Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Sexiest NON attack aircraft

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont know about the rest of you, but I prefer women<span id='postcolor'>

Me too, but I voted for the Huey!

Tyler

Wow a useless topic, gotta react quickly! tounge.gif

I voted for C-130, Belgian airforce uses them and i see them every day.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Feb. 06 2002,09:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont know about the rest of you, but I prefer women wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Here here....

Vehicules and airplanes can be sexy indeed. If you dont get this than it is no wonder that only the Italians and the Germans build beautiful cars. Engineers need to love what they are doing, and this you will see once their product is finished. If this love is missing and the engineer just does his job then you get a car like the Korean Daewoo or a plane like the RF-5E TigerEye ( I still like very much the old A-6 Intruder)

what a fucking ugly plane

RF-5E.jpg

Sorry albert u may very well be a famous tropical explorer but ur opinion sucks IMHO. The german build the Tornado together with the italians and the British. It turned out to be the stupid ppl choicein fighter aviation. Unamnoucvarable, UGLY AS SIN, and weak. If 10 tornado's take of from leeuwarden Airbase (which i live near) 4 come back before they even reach the targeting range because of mechanical defects. There are targeting ranges on the frisian islands. The onlyu aircraft which routinly land at leeuwarden cuz they have failures are tornado's. The last 8!!!! aircraft to have crashed there were tornado's. Its crap, it was designed by germans and italians and brits (who have a saving grace for making the EE Lightning, can u spell cooooooooooool) so that opinion dont fly (like the tornado). Id have the F-5 any day, at least it resembles a aircraft not a brick like the tornado. (pls note that i have nothing against the germans/italians/british in general i like them allot just ppl qouting that ther nation designs prety planes when the have a monstrosity like the tornado on their consience)

Ahhh yes. The Tornado. For once, we can't blame the French. Lets blame the Italians wink.gif

Its not ALL bad, just mostly. Especially when used at low altitudes like in the Gulf. The ground attack version is pointless when we have Jaguars.

As for the tornado's looks, its not too bad, but its performance is a bit shite.

The Lightning was pretty good.

F-14 D(?) TomCat all the way!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Feb. 08 2002,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry albert u may very well be a famous tropical explorer but ur opinion sucks IMHO. The german build the Tornado together with the italians and the British. It turned out to be the stupid ppl choicein fighter aviation. Unamnoucvarable, UGLY AS SIN, and weak. If 10 tornado's take of from leeuwarden Airbase (which i live near) 4 come back before they even reach the targeting range because of mechanical defects. There are targeting ranges on the frisian islands. The onlyu aircraft which routinly land at leeuwarden cuz they have failures are tornado's. The last 8!!!! aircraft to have crashed there were tornado's. Its crap, it was designed by germans and italians and brits (who have a saving grace for making the EE Lightning, can u spell cooooooooooool) so that opinion dont fly (like the tornado).  Id have the F-5 any day, at least it resembles a aircraft not a brick like the tornado. (pls note that i have nothing against the germans/italians/british in general i like them allot just ppl qouting that ther nation designs prety planes when the have a monstrosity like the tornado on their consience)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I agree, I was more talking about cars though. But since this thread is about planes I need to reply to that (obligatory). The Tornado is not, a hyper-ugly plane. It may not be beautiful, there I agree. But what do you expect when you got an international cooperation! What you can expect is a crossover of different styles. As for the Tornado that would mean Schnitzel with Mozarella and Mint Sauce. What can you expect from that?

My comment was rather about: can planes be sexy. And my statement was: Yes, even (or maybe especially) if they dont wear bombs and guns ! Wheter you like German-engineering or not doesnt change much about it!

(and eh, the Eurofighter is gonna be goddamm ugly too, be prepared) tounge.gif

Again i disagree .... i find the eurofighter quite goodlooking. Now the JSF that the netherlands may buy .... there is ugly for you biggrin.gif I do however think that the JSF will be the better aircraft though.

Eurofighter sucks, Joint Strike Fighter rules tounge.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It said non attack aircraft.<span id='postcolor'>

The F-14D Tomcat is not an attack aircraft, it's a fighter aircraft, hence the "F" designation.

The Grippen is a COOL plane:

imagegallery.jpg

Don't diss the JSF!, lol:

x35ajsf.jpg

The KA-50 is a mean mofo too:

ka505.jpg

Tyler