Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

The Avon Lady's OFP FAQ will be shutting down

Since I have not been actively maintaining The FAQ and my site in general for some 2 years now, I will be changing my domain's hosting account to something simpler and less expensive that will not be able to handle hosting all the pages and files I am currently hosting. This change will take effect a few days prior to the end of March 2007.

Please feel free to copy anything currently available from my site. If you publicize any copied materials, I ask that you please note that the materials are courtesy of TheAvonLady.Org.

I'm not disappearing off the face of the Internet. Only my site's content is.

Thank you very much for all the work you have put in your OFP FAQ, it sure have helped more than certainly most OFP users with OFP.

Thank you very much for all the work you have put in your OFP FAQ, it sure have helped more than certainly most OFP users with OFP.

Couldn't have said it better. Avon Lady's OFP FAQ is legendary. You can't mention the OFP community without mentioning the OFP FAQ.

Thanks for all the effort and hopefully we will see an ARMA FAQ as well sooner or later wink_o.gif

Hope you will still be around avon! I've been on this forum for 5 years now and will miss you confused_o.gif Well as the saying goes "all good things must come to an end"

Hey AvonLady I've never expected to hear from you anything again since you 'disappeared' from the community sites.

I'm sure someone will mirror all the good infos and stuff from your site which surely helped most of us Veterans with their first steps in OFP.

A big thankyou from me too for all work you've done for us.

notworthy.gif

Thank you Avon for all the hard work during the years of OFP. Your FAQ was legendary indeed and has helped me with OFP in many occasions notworthy.gif

I have fond memories of being shot repeatedly by The Avon Lady on one of the few occasions that I could get the MP stuff to run. This was back before the first patch was out, I think. I stumbled across mention of her FAQ on the boards here and found it to be a very useful resource.

I will miss it, too. Thank you for all of your quality work! notworthy.gif

Thank you for your excellent and long lasting support for OFP - your pages were on of the key centres for the community.

Yes, Indeed... great site, much information, has helped me very much in the beginning of OFP smile_o.gif

Oh gosh, gotto change my links to AvalonLadies articles now... to... hmmmm smile_o.gif

Thanks for the great work and hosting of the pages for so long!

Thanks Avon for all the info gathered around OFP on your site over the past years! Very much appreciated. Your site was always around when i needed to know something and couldn't find it. This huge source of information around OFP will be missed by a lot of people i am sure. Thanks again for your hard work!  thumbs-up.gif

OFP world will never be the same when Avon is not there any more.

I have been out of gaming for quite some time now both because of real life demands and also because my Dell XPS notebook has overheating spasms now and then.

I hope to find free time for getting back to gaming once Vista becomes stable and new generation high end notebooks are available to take advantage of Vista.

So I should be back in 20 years. tounge2.gif

I'll be around. wink_o.gif

Thanks for your website mate, it helped me loads when I was getting to grips with OFP and helped me with many problems!

Hopefully I'll see you around in ArmA sometime, but if not ... I wish you all the best of luck in the future smile_o.gif

Thank you for your excellent and long lasting support for OFP - your pages were on of the key centres for the community.

what could anyone say more, and who's words would be heavier smile_o.gif

+ he tells the truth wink_o.gif

Hey Mom welcome.gif

We´d be glad to offer you a hosting for the old pages if you like.

Would be sad to see this piece of OFP history disappear. Drop me a msg if you´re interested.

Yes, please, host those excellent pages.

Don't let them disappear !!!

Txema

Hey Mom  welcome.gif

We´d be glad to offer you a hosting for the old pages if you like.

Would be sad to see this piece of OFP history disappear. Drop me a msg if you´re interested.

Like I said, anyone can copy anything from The FAQ. All I ask is crediting my website theavonlady.org.

Do you need me to send you the files or can you copy/download the entire website as is?

sad_o.gif Im going to miss that sound "Ding Dong - Avon Calling" tounge2.gif

Thank you for your FAQ it was a new learning post for the beginning of my ofp days .. it will surly be missed smile_o.gif

Thank you.

Despite some issues regarding our opinion differences that have caused some misunderstandings in the past, wish to thank you for having been that helpful via your FAQ branch.

G'luck with your real life.

regards,

TB

Thank you, Avon. The FAQ has had it's benefits through the years. Shame that some of our celebs disappear for such a long time, but then again

we do have a real life to take care of as you say.

Many thanks! notworthy.gif

Holly!! huh.gif

Back in 2002, the first user missions..., how to use the Dragunov... setting up mod folders to keep my vanilla OFP clean.

You'll be missed miss Avon.  smile_o.gif

I wonder if the community could preserve other marks of OFP history: OFP INFO and OFPEC at least (altough OFPEC should continue with AA right?).

It's great to browse through OFP Info and see the evolution of the addons, from the first retexturings , through the first 3Ds and the latest, full scripted masterpieces.

Am I too much of a game geek to consider some games (and their mods) art pieces (kind of like industrial art) to be preserved?

I'd do it for OFP Info but I'm a 56ks, I download from a Cyber cafe with about 50k/s and I'd need DVD writer here.

Thanks a lot for everything Miss Avon. smile_o.gif

You were like the OFP mom to me... every big man needs a sweet mommy ya noe?

Hope to see you around again.

- loves... from the OFP community.

I havent been in this section for a while but i too would like to thank Avon for the FAQ, i think i miss the old OPF days...

Hello!

The classic ofp days are long gone. Honestly, thanks for all the tips & help, and also nice spammy sessions in the past.

smile_o.gif