Sign in to follow this  
messiahua

#reassign and #restart commands

Have any of you notice, that if you are using #reassign or #restart, server become very unstable, JIP bugs appear (when two persons control one soldier) and finally it may just crash.

This was an issue in all versions of server. I'm just curious, when this commands will be fixed?

Which version are you using? I did not see these bugs yet (in 1.02 and 1.05).

Currently I'm using 1.05, but I just automatically write #missions, because in 1.01 and 1.02 I had this weird problems with restarting or reassigning mission.

Currently I'm using 1.05, but I just automatically write #missions, because in 1.01 and 1.02 I had this weird problems with restarting or reassigning mission.

We had the same problems for 1.01 and 1.02. I havent tried it in 1.05 yet, used to using #missions now everytime too :P

I havent tried it in 1.05 yet

I tried reassign in 1.05, but when I saw same symptom of this problem (when you have same people in different role slots), I came up with the conclusion, that this problem is still there. That's why I've created this topic.

Thank you, Suma, for you reply. It's really great to see BIS team answering here on our questions notworthy.gif.

I hope, that everything will work in 1.06.

biggrin_o.gif

I have noticed that when playing CTI in the demo (5116), voting for restart would cause a lot major desyncs a short time after the mission restarted, especially if the initial mission had been running for a long time. Voting for the missions and selected the same mission prevents this problem.

Have any of you notice, that if you are using #reassign or #restart, server become very unstable, JIP bugs appear (when two persons control one soldier) and finally it may just crash.

This was an issue in all versions of server. I'm just curious, when this commands will be fixed?

#restart has caused more troubles for us than #reassign did (after a #restart we would just keep hangin in the briefing, and if the admin decided to go back the players were kicked including the admin yay.gif ).

Anyway, great to see you are already working on how to fix this.

I hope it can be resolved in the next patch, often server visitors are annoyed by these probs and leave sad_o.gif

I can confirm, those two commands cause issues that result in server instability. It has been that way since 1.02 (for us anyways) and is till an issue now. We just use the #missions command to get around that.

for our server only reassign messes us up

#restart hasnt caused any issues for 1.05 yet

it did for the demo server tho

I don't use the #restart or #reassign commands any more, purely because in the past, they sometimes trip the server up - fatal if there's no admin elected.

Now it's #missions all the way (and the openal system update) and the game suddenly runs solid.

-Fenix out

Bumbed into this recently and can confirm there are issues with #restart on our dedicated server (1.05.5136) as well.

Happend several times and the symptom for us after using #restart was that some client/s became invisible for others in the 3D world.

/KC

Sometimes we have found one player twice on the list and in the slots with 1.05, after giving #restart or #reassign commands to ArmA. Covers the fix this effect as well?! The description tells only about the effect of having two persons in one single slot and not this form of vice versa.

Thanks for the pointer Suma and glad to see you are tracking down this issue but I must stress that last night I was using #restart and not #reassign and had the above mentioned problem with invisible client.

Don't know if this will give you any clues but the client that became invisible for us was connected to the server localy (LAN) and we other was connected to the server via xDSL (Internet with ping in the 30-45 ms range). He said he saw us but others didn't see him, he also said he was invisible to enemy AI since they didn't react to him at all...

Have to admit that I'm not checking the bug tracker very often, don't even have an account there. Heck, I barely have time to get a few hours of ArmA action at time being due to other commitments piling up, hope that will change confused_o.gif

/KC