Sign in to follow this  
MrWho

Multiple Spawn Points

Can anyone help to point me to a script to set multiple spawn points per side? This would be very helpful with the type of maps I make. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

just name your marker respawn_west1,2,3....

This works as a random spawn. Does anyone know if you can even write a script to choose a spawn point.

Sorry to bump this but does anyone know if this can even be done?

Would like to have several spawn points for each team that the players can choose from for a MP mission.

This does two things, allows players to pick a point that may need help, and to also get away from TK'ers.

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

I am also very very interested in getting this to work...my scenario is a bit like this.

I wanted to have a main spawn for infantry. A seperate spawn for Airforce and another for mech and vehicles and the option to choose between the 3.

Anybody with the knowledge can you guys please help us out

Many thanks

Wedge

That's it m8, the same thing!!!!

@MrWho

I'm not sure whether you are still after this but I posted about this in another thread and it may be a temporary solution that may add a bit more realism to the process than selecting a spawn point from a menu.

Here's a working example of a teleport/multi-spawn point script in SQF format.

When you spawn at base (in town) just jump into the truck northeast of the cross roads and hit the action key (default middle mouse button) and after a couple of seconds the option to go to base 1 or base 2 should appear. If you select one of these the screen goes black a message appears that you are enroute and few seconds later you spawn in the truck at the base you selected.

You could alter the timing of the "enroute" scripts so if the location of the base is further away it takes longer to get there. Also you could make the "spawn" trucks indestructible so that the enemy cannot destroy your secondary spawn points.

This script has been tested on a dedicated server with two players going to different bases at the same time.

I will eventually write up a version that uses dialogs but I've got to learn how to write the dam things first.

Teleport isnt what were after.

capture a point, then when you die you get the option to spawn at that point or any other currently captured point via some menu system.

Thats it in a nutshell.

I have seen this used in maps, but rather than steal someones scripts were asking for help openly with things.

Try unpbo'ing one of the Bezerk map's. That had spawn points you could choose from a dialog that appeared.