Sign in to follow this  
KeyCat

nVidia application profiles with 1.05?

Anyone knows how to get an application profile working with 1.05?

Pre 1.05 it worked by binding the profile to "arma.exe" but in 1.05 the main application is renamed to "arma.locked".

Tried to bind it to both "arma.exe" and "arma.locked" but couldn't get it to work. Anyone knows?

Also if you used applications profiles to tweak performance this may explain why some see less performance after 1.05 patch.

/KC

what??? Are you trying to tell us that your EXE is named "arma.locked" or "arma.locked.exe" ?

I installed the 1.05 update, and the name of the main EXE hasn't been changed in any way, and my old profile still works.

Are you sure the update was complete and ended successfuly?

There still is an "arma.exe" but since 1.05 the main application seems to be re-named "arma.locked". My guess is that arma.exe is just some kind of loader.

This is easy to see if you start ArmA and then Alt-TAB back to desktop and look in the Task Manager you will see that the loaded process when ArmA is running is "arma.locked".

I had a nVidia profile working fine before but since 1.05 only settings in "Global driver settings" are recogniced.

Anyone knows a workaround?

/KC

There still is an "arma.exe" but since 1.05 the main application seems to be re-named "arma.locked". My guess is that arma.exe is just some kind of loader.

This is easy to see if you start ArmA and then Alt-TAB back to desktop and look in the Task Manager you will see that the loaded process when ArmA is running is "arma.locked".

I had a nVidia profile working fine before but since 1.05 only settings in "Global driver settings" are recogniced.

Anyone knows a workaround?

/KC

I have a DVD version, updated to 1.05, and there is no arma.locked.

I assume you have some downloadable version, like sprocket?

Maybe you could try some other tool for managing profiles, like the nHancer?

Or you will have to use opposite approach - set your Global settings to match your desired ArmA settings, and then make profiles for all other games/apps.

Only have had the best experiences with nhancer 2.1.1

and ArmA.

Currently using

color profile (more vivid colors; digital vibrance settings)

x16 AF settings (much more details provided vs ArmA inbuild)

vsync (forced on or off, see below)

prerender frames 0 or 1 (vsync on)

in addition to that, experimenting with Rivatuners

D3D Triplebuffer wrapper. (vsync on)

-

So much tweaking possible and Arma is way weired!

Just yesterday had an extended TrackIR flightsesson testing

with 2048x1536 res and FPS ranging from 19-35 @ 3000 viewrange.

Whats weired about that?

Same FPS range flying or on ground with 1024x768 as well.

Wasnt prepared for the shock (and absolute beauty! ) that

my setup *actually* could provide such 'high' FPS at

that maximum res.

Thats with an Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ (7900GT) 512MB,

AGP card, mind you.

Edit: oh, and I forgot to mention;..this was with way over

100 tanks + Shilkas sprinkled around northern Sahrani...

I have a DVD version, updated to 1.05, and there is no arma.locked.

I assume you have some downloadable version, like sprocket?

Correct, I currently use the Sprocket 1.05 version and thats most likely the explanation to the "arma.locked" file.

Anyway, not really a big issue, guess I just have to live with it since setting Global driver settings work just fine.

Thanks for your input!

/KC

Hi, I also am having this problem which as you say wouldnt be a big deal if it was just affecting my nHance profile but it also stops me from applying my Logitech Setpoint mouse profile which is a real pain in the but.

Does anyone know of a way to get round the problem of ARMA running under the name of ARMA.Locked?

Thanks, Geezer

P.S. i Tried binding a profile to another app (Teamspeak Overlay) and ran that in the background but it didnt work.

Any ideas?

I would also appreciate if somebody can tell me the recomended settings for a Nvidia 7800 GS Overclocked for Arma.

I am not much skilled with configuring it.

So I would like to know the recommended settings for the profile and if possible for the game itself.

welcome.gif

Thanks