Sign in to follow this  
scubaman3D

Activation limit?

I bought the German version from Morphicon and downloaded ArmA yesterday. I activated and experienced a problem so I uninstalled and installed the game again, which required a second activation, leaving me with only one.

Does this mean that if I uninstall and install the game again, that is the last time I can do it before I can no longer install the software on my computer??

I certainly hope that's not the case cause that would be junk.

PS: I've got the feeling that at least one person will sarcastically tell me to search for the answer, so here is a preemptive "stfu" for you.

i installed and unistalled my only german version several times..

had no problem with it so far.

sorry, my mistake. It wasn't the reinstall that did it...it was the 1.05 patch that used up my 2nd activation.

I did have to reinstall the game but I didn't activate before installing the patch.

Still, if patches require activation, that essentially puts a limit on the number of updates you can download and install. If I would have known that, I would never have bought ArmA before Atari releases it here in the US for $20.

...That would make buying ArmA from Morphicon the biggest waste of money since I bought GRAW on the day of its release...

As far as I understand it ArmA doesn't require activation, in the same way as HL2 requires activation, it just requires a non-banned key.

from what i understand, you had problems only with the version you downloaded, right?

if so, i can't tell you about the dl version because i own a german version in dvd box. Maybe someone can help you out about the Dled version.

As for the german dvd box, if you have it you can unistall, reinstall as many times as you want.

After installing the game from dvd box you can add/install the patch 1.05 directly that you will not have a problem.

you have a certain number of activations. Now if you would run out, you just have to contact them, and normally they reset the amount of activations.

You email them at the address given in your email from them, include the email addy you used when buying the game and the order number they gave you, they ask for a reason why you need the new activation number, you reply, they send you another email saying 'we strongly suggest you get your pc into proper working order blah blah" with another email with the new activation. Basically, make sure you have an activation whenever you reinstall arma, or windows, or patch arma, they can take a few days giving you the new one.