Sign in to follow this  
-ZG-BUZZARD

Modern Armored Recovery Vehicles?

I was planning on doing a vid and I came across the notion that there are no construction vehicles that could be used for the removal of corpses in any massive way, so I was wondering if there existed any modern day armored recovery vehicles that could be up to the task?

im not being funny or anythiing but JCB's seem to do a good job (the only ones iv seen the army use really)

BUZZARD @ Mar. 06 2007,01:53)]I was planning on doing a vid and I came across the notion that there are no construction vehicles that could be used for the removal of corpses in any massive way, so I was wondering if there existed any modern day armored recovery vehicles that could be up to the task?

Such a thing doesn't exist.

I know that the most probable SOP for the mortuary department of the armed forces is to have soldiers pack up corpses and load them into trucks but since I was planning on using zombie corpses the whole "infection paranoia" would come into scene and no one would feel bad for getting rid of zombies with such construction vehicles I guess...

Edit: I don't mean them to be actually functional, just need something to show that the assets are being driven on to the scene...

Which project is that? If you have construction equipment, I'd be more interested in that than an Armored Recovery Vehicle... Do you have any pix of your stuff?

Edit: The only thing I'm sure to be featuring in the vid is Mapfact's empty dumptruck Ural, which seems to be ok... But some other construction vehicles (diggers?) would be very nice to have...

I have no text yet, it was just an idea i had. most of them are static and don't move, yes a Cat bulldozer and a john deer endloader, a dumptruck was planed and also a working crane but the scripting is boring. i will hand over what i have (not much just some junk and an idea to a good moder if they can do Justis) if you want to get my idea of the ground you need a good moder, and that is not me. I'm a good bata and good with ideas, that is about it. the stupid grizzly is too to hard to build, to many moving parts.

Well, I'm no modder but I was looking for something like this backfiller...

istockphoto_659438_backhoe_three_quarter_view.jpg

It wouldn't have to be animated in any way except for driving around... Maybe the BIS tractor could be modified as to look somehow like it? If I didn't suck completely at moddeling etc, I'd do it myself... crazy_o.gif

Edit: Anybody know if this was ever released or something like it?

excavator2.jpg

Screenie from Ofp.info, see the news here (damn it's so old and I've never seen it before...).

We really need some pro help on this. my stuff is crap compared to what mapfacts and others have done. I am try to pull some strings and see if any one wants to help.

Simper Fi put out a LAV recovery.

Tow trucks would be cool too! One Civil and one FIA.

I don't have Photo shop what is the gimp web site. that would help

In the soon to be released LoBo Addon Pack #3, we'll have a Merkava based ARV. In our current Addon pack 1 and 2, we actually have a M113 "technical" which essentially is an armored repair vehicle.

However none of those vehicles are used for "removing corpses" . ARV's are designed for pulling away damaged armored vehicles and for repairing them in a combat area.

Corpses, (depending on who's they are) are simply bagged and tagged if friendly, and if enemy simply buried in a mass grave dug by a backhoe or with shovels (after the bodies are collected by soldiers).

The problem with that idea in OFP is that you can't dig in the ground in OFP.

Something like a bulldozer would be a little more interesting because at least then you can push stuff around and make buildings crumple with it. I'm looking for someone right now actually to help build a D-9 armored bulldozer for my mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg, would you consider building some "digging" machines which could be used somehow? Surely they would be useful to be present in CQB situations since there's much reconstruction and demolition work to be done - and although there's "body dragging" already possible in OFP through scripting, I wouldn't really be showing that (even with zombie corpses that would be a bit too tasteless... crazy_o.gif ) - their presence would only be indicating that that would be the way that the corpses would be disposed of, more in the likes of biochemical hazard than normal corpses, due to the fear of infection etc.

It would be nice just for eye candy, but unfortunately due to the very small size of the LoBo team and because we don't really need that type of addon, we have other much more important priorities that we are working on. Although small, we are extremely ambitious and have a Jordanian pack, IDF major overhaul update (to include new vehicles), Syrian/Lebanese military pack (massive project), IDF/Egyptian Historic pack (huge project), and possibly a Saudi Arabian military pack coming up.

However because the Zombie mod type stuff seems popular, just keep asking around and you should be able to find someone who will make it for you especially right now that so many mod teams are kinda waiting around for ArmA tools. Some mod teams have also broken up with members kinda freelancing at the moment.

Good luck on the project.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I am now working on putting tracks on Airwolf mods old tractor and a dozer plow!!!!!!! i just need permission form the Airwolf mod fellas yay.gif