Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

trigger which returns not present units

How can i get the list of all units not present inside a trigger?

(ArmA v1.05)

I think i was using this in OFP, the trigger "not present" should return a list of units which are NOT in the trigger area, but somehow it returns empty array.

Is this a bug, or is it supposed to be this way?

Search for some of my prev posts. I got this question answered, with the difference i wanted to know who was in trigger. You just need to reverse it.

Cheers

GC

Search for some of my prev posts. I got this question answered, with the difference i wanted to know who was in trigger. You just need to reverse it.

Cheers

GC

i am sorry, i don't know how to search for your previous posts - i have no clue where did you post them or what keywords to use when searching for them.

Could you please be more specific?

btw. i have no problem with geting a list of units inside the trigger, and "reversing it" seems to be easy and straightforward, but it doesn't work.

EDIT:

Have you meant this topic?

Units in a trigger

...if yes, then there isn't anything which could help me.

That topic covers only how to get list of units INSIDE the trigger - which i know how to do, and which is oposite of what i need.

:-(

Can't you just make 2 triggers: 1 that detects all the units in the game and 1 that detects all the units in the area you want to check. Then just substract the 2 arrays and you will have an array which lists all the units not inside the triggerarea.

Can't you just make 2 triggers: 1 that detects all the units in the game and 1 that detects all the units in the area you want to check. Then just substract the 2 arrays and you will have an array which lists all the units not inside the triggerarea.

well yes, it is possible to make such workarounds, but before i start to swim across the river i allways want to make sure there isn't a bridge behind the next turn - if you know what i mean ;-)

I am pretty sure, that in OFP i was using such triggers without any hassle (but of course i could be imaginating things).