Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Damage

Mission Design Team

I want to put together a team of mission editors to work on quality missions.

It is very time consuming to make a well made mission, and while many addons are made by a team most missions are designed by one person.

I want to work on a quality over quantity approach to ArmA mission editing and have projects worked on by multiple members of a team before release.

I want to provide individual designers a way to work together on projects and take design to the next level. I will provide you with all the resources to do this.

I am putting together all the infrastructure the team needs to collaborate effectively, e.g high speed file and web servers, ArmA mission portal and development / public forums as well as bug / feedback management. A Scripting / Editing knowledgebase, script database, sound / image resource database are also in the works. A teamspeak server is also provided.

When the Linux Dedicated server is released you will also have access to the fastest ArmA dedicated server on the planet for development testing. (I'm fairly confident i can backup that statement, our server is $500k worth of top of the line blade architecture not nearly being fully utilised.)

It is extremely early stages, to register your interest, PM me.

Since we have had a few people interested in joining now I'd like to clarify questions that keep coming up. This will help bump the thread one more time, we'll recruit the next few members then get to work on missions.

A lot of people say they don't have a lot of experience, they aren't super advanced scripters etc, this does not matter.

Don't worry about the experience / scripting so much. The whole idea is basically that through collaboration, we can do anything. And you will learn and get better as you go.

This means that you might not be the best at scripting, but someone else in our team will be, and where as they may not have the best ideas as far as missions, you have brilliant ideas that you just need help to bring to life.

I am exactly like you, I have mission ideas, I adapt scripts to my use and sometimes I make something new. In the end, I want a quality mission that players will enjoy. Something I can pride myself on.

So while I am not the answer to your scripting queries, I want to try to put together a community of people who are. Who do not have to put in maximum hours, just pop in when they can and contribute, or be helped by others.

I will help by providing you with all the resources I can to make this happen.

I have not chosen a domain name yet or finalised on our name, currently it is just Mission Design Team.

The main website is up

Our forums are upTeamspeak is up

The mission bugtracking site is up.

The scripts / missions / resources / tools download section is up.

And when Linux Dedicated server is available I can start up our dedicated ArmA server, on a pretty good connection and server.

You don't have to be a member of the team to particpate, you can do what so many people do on this forum and that's help others.