Sign in to follow this  
Cosmonaut

Custom Face Problems :-\

Hi all,

I've made and installed a custom face but all I get is this; wtfdu4.th.jpg

The odd thing is that it shows up perfectly in the Edit Player menu but in game I seem to be a white mannequin (pic taken online).

Any and all help appreciated.

Make sure your puting it into my documents\arma other profiles\your own name folder.then try good luck

Make sure your puting it into my documents\arma other profiles\your own name folder.then try good luck

Yep did that .. It shows up in the Edit Player window but not in game arrg . I thought ArmA was Mod friendly but I haven't been able to install a single mod.. Oh well back to the default stuff I guess. huh.gif

I should add that I see other players face skins with out any probs..

Quote[/b] ]I thought ArmA was Mod friendly
smile_o.gif All start is hard. For every problem there is an answer, you just need to find it (hint: search button).

I guess it is your file size my friend. The maximum filesize shouldn't be over 96kb (like the forum picture limite smile_o.gif). Not sure if this goes for single player mode aswell, but at least that is the MP limite. Also it depends on the server settings afaik.

Good luck.

Can somebody direct me to a tutorial how to make a custom face?

I can't find the directory My documents\ArmA other profiles\

When I click on My documents there's only a folder called ArmA and inside it I find this.

armavx7.jpg

EDIT: Oh and please don't tell me to search......

I've searched this forum to death pluss Google, all I can find on Google is tutorials in German.

Can somebody direct me to a tutorial how to make a custom face?

I can't find the directory My documents\ArmA other profiles\

When I click on My documents there's only a folder called ArmA and inside it I find this.[/img]

EDIT: Oh and please don't tell me to search......

I've searched this forum to death pluss Google, all I can find on Google is tutorials in German.

Sounds to me like you haven't made a new profile perhaps, make a new profile to play under and a new folder should/might appear.

BTW, is there a template to make a custom face from, or can I use the OFP template face?

I run a Server in Australia and you will fine that most server Admin cut down on the upload of skins.... so another words the skin might be ok on most servers that haven't touched the server.cfg which is around 60kb to 100kb

If they have and lowered the kb to the size less than what your skin then all you will get is a white dummy

Ok I'll try a file size below 60kb .. And i did use the search facility ..even Google.

Thanks

Make sure you read the post above, as paragraphic says custom faces must be named face.jpg.

Thanks for the help, but I did exactly what you guys said and there's still no custom face where I edit my character. confused_o.gif

customcrapnh6.jpg

Image is 82,2 kb.

Any suggestions?

remove the "."

Right now it´s face.jpg.

while it should be:

face.jpg

Wait a sec I guess you have your "known extensions hidden"

Go to "Extras" in Windows Explorer -> Folder Options -> View or Look, don´t know as I have german XP and remove the checkbox at "hide known extensions" then apply and you should see the files with extensions. then alter the name and there you go.

And you seem to have extensions turned of for some reason so remove the .jpg aswell, right now the file is called

'face.jpg..jpg'

You cant see the last .jpg as you seem to have turned this off.

EDIT: Bal beat me to it.

remove the "."

Right now it´s face.jpg.

while it should be:

face.jpg

Lol, acually that's the first thing I tried, then I read Dallas's post and noticed the "." so I added that and still nothing.

I shall try again ONE last time.....

EDIT: I'm such an IDIOT when it comes to computers banghead.gif

Oh well, thanks for being such a helpful community, I like that smile_o.gif

Talking about custom faces...Is there any way to see it in detail? I edit a mission with myself as leader and use the leader's third person to do it, but the zoom isn't enough to view it well.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setface "custom"

I believe..

I have this problem also. It works fine In single player and in my "Edit Profile" I can load the Editor and put my custom face on the AI and verify that it works,(this setface "custom") but when I go to play online All I am is a white blank face and hands... The file is in the correct folder and I have made sure its under 60k. Its 48k. I even created a new profile and placed it there. Same results...

I'm also having issues with my XML file & Logo....

It's working now yay.gif it was indeed the file size, once i reduced it to 50 kbs it worked fine .. Thx for all the help.

Where can i find a blank template for custom face?

I'm using one of the faces I downloaded from this skin pack.

http://ofp.4players.de/sys....&area=1

alright i know how to add custom faces and stuff...but my colours are so bright...and indeed i have a ati card but how can i fix it so that my colours won't be that bright.

confused_o.gif

anny1 who could solve the problem---> notworthy.gif

Where can i find a blank template for custom face?

OFPEC has to templates in our Face Library and Editors depot for making custom faces.

Custom Face Template