Sign in to follow this  
oddball_woof

1.05 patch install errors...sigh

Bugged installer? Could BI consider releasing a download of the pbo's separately or an alternate .exe or something perhaps debugging the installer?

I have Downloaded 5 versions of the patch, reinstalled the game each time, Reg cleaned, cleaned all references to the demo etc etc any ideas?

here are just the first few error msgs, each time it seems to be different the latest included the weapons/misc/plants/ca/sara pbo's and varying xdelta3 errors.

505 retail DVD, Clean install, ie no mods etc worked fine

------------------------------------------------------------------

Euro Patch...ignored errors

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

European DVD Version

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.04...

Error found in file AddOns\voice.pbo (9b13ca6f!=43491408)

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (ab31ad90!=abde821a)

ArmA: Armed Assault: Updating version 1.04 to version 1.05...

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\PLANTS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\CAMPAIGNS\CA.PBO.UPD.#EURO cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA: Armed Assault patch 1.05 has been applied successfully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

International patch...ignored errors

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

European DVD Version

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.05...

Error found in file AddOns\plants.pbo (f292329d!=fde18e07)

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (bd5e7c33!=abde821a)

ArmA: Armed Assault patch 1.05 has been already applied.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Euro Patch....ignored errors

European DVD Version

----------------------------------------------------------------

Clean reinstall,renamed any remain folders etc, reg clean, reboot,

Euro patch....aborted install

European DVD Version

Error found in file AddOns\misc.pbo (796ad435!=d4cb97b8)

Error found in file AddOns\plants.pbo (fde18e07!=7bbba427)

Error found in file AddOns\voice.pbo (9b13ca6f!=96c7ec0f)

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

Euro patch....ignored errors

European DVD Version

Error found in file AddOns\weapons.pbo (ae466a3c!=cb2c3198)

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (ab31ad90!=011bed0b)

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\MISC.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\PLANTS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WEAPONS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\CAMPAIGNS\CA.PBO.UPD.#EURO cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------

re-downloaded Euro patch from different site.....aborted install

European DVD Version

Error found in file AddOns\misc.pbo (2f8b9aae!=d4cb97b8)

Error found in file AddOns\plants.pbo (f292329d!=7bbba427)

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file 1.05, phase 10.

hey, you have noting to lose. try thisafter you next clean install, try to install your last patch, the one you used before 1.05 released.

my bet is you get errors on that install too. i did, which tells me it's something else, not just the patcher for 1.05. something is getting installed somewhere that is impacting all patches.

i have german dvd version btw.

now, i cant even get a roll back to my 1.02 patch which worked for me fine the first time i ever installed it weeks ago.

bottom line, we're screwed bro. i.e. i cant play arma now.

Thanks for the suggestion I and updating 1.04-1.05 from the DVD so its not quite the same issue.

I kept trying reinstall and Oh so close!!!!!!!! Just 3 files!!

---------------------------------

European DVD Version

Error found in file AddOns\voice.pbo (9b13ca6f!=708b87f5)

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (bd5e7c33!=ead91e74)

---------------------------------------

BTW I noticed that each failed patch file after the patch process has now an associated tmp file in its folder

eg ca.pbo (119,529kb)......CA.PBO.tmp(40,960kb)

presumably this is the replacement data, so why is it written to disk as a separate tmp file even though the patch fails on that file ...odd!

It would be kind if someone could help me out and supply me with the patched files,then I wouldn't have to keep on trying reinstalling over and over its been 8 times already and who knows how long it will take BI to address this issue especially as its not affecting everyone.

just 3 files needed pls.......

ca.pbo ..............119,529kb

voice.pbo ............22,147kb

voice.pbo.bi.bisign .......1kb

I've been through the same with my DVD 1.04 version and got it down to two file CA and ANIM when patching.

What is needed is for BI to release the patched files as and extractable archive so we just over right the existing files and not the ptcher system they are using.

It makes no sense that even with a fresh install you should get this error.

If your patching process reported errors and you still apply the patch, your installation more likely will get corrupted and you can't apply any patch any more.

To apply any of the patches you need a clean game install (without any user modifications in it and only with official patches succesfully installed - but that you don't need at all as the patch is universal for all versions).

Note that if the patch reports such errors it really means the files are not what they should be for the patch (I can't tell what the reason is: could be some user modifcations used or could be even corrupted data on your hdd).

turn everything off when patching... any app could make the patcher easily unstable. just dont do ANYTHING during patching and keep hitting retry. I had 3 errors during first try but retry always worked.

edit: when you get some error with a file and retry wont help then copy it over from the dvd.

Last friday Ive tried to patch to 1.05 and veryfing the version it failed. I was thinking to reinstall ArmA from scratch and use my last license code but this guy called Espectro told me by Messenger...get ride of language pack!

So ive use the backup in the 6thsense folder, Ive replaced all those files..and tried to install 1.05 again..

Guess what !! worked fine..

I still have 1 license left and Im 1.05 yay.gif

Im with maruk,

If youve done a totally clean install and still get problems it would point to a HD problem, check the integrity of youre hard drive.

Quickest way is to run chkdsk from command prompt, you can take action then if it finds any problems.

There is a possibility that its bad ram too, from watching what the patch does it seems to load the files into RAM, then patch then put back on HD (When updating you get a lot of HD activity, then nothing for a while, then a spike of HD activity then the progress bar shoots up 20%)

You can run a program called memtest at boot to check ram.

Hope this helps confused_o.gif

Hello,

well, i had the same Problem with the Patch for the German Version.

When the Patch scan the .pbo files in my "Addon" Folder, he found Errors, like this : Error found in file AddOns\plants.pbo (f292329d!=fde18e07).

So, i install Arma new.

Now i use 7.zip / Winrar to extract the .pbo.gz files from DVD to the Addon Folder again and i watch for checksum-errors. I extract every pbo.gz file to my Addon Folder without an Error.

Now i start the Patch again ..... he found no Errors !!!!!!

The Patch updatet ARMA successful.

Perhaps this is  one way, to patch Arma. Hope some User had the same Success with this way.

So long...

Schnitti [GP]

If patching keeps failing, even after removing the game, deleting the game folder, reinstalling the game and directly patching to v1.05 (and you have verified that the downloaded file size of the patch is correct, altough I guess there is a check for that anyway)... then I would think about CPU/Memory/Motherboard/Bios(overclocking) issues... Patching process takes very long and is very intensive, issues as mentioned above come to light in such operations smile_o.gif

Harddrive errors are also a possibility of coarse, but many times the crc comes from mem/cpu aswell smile_o.gif

Last friday Ive tried to patch to 1.05 and veryfing the version it failed. I was thinking to reinstall ArmA from scratch and use my last license code but this guy called Espectro told me by Messenger...get ride of language pack!

Which has been written from the start in the readme, website, wiki etc. that Official Gamepatches will need the language patcher removed, aswell as help was written down on how to proceed smile_o.gif It is also globally written in the bis-patch info that you need unmodified game-content smile_o.gif

People don't wish to read, so yeah .. own fault if ur messing with such problems for a couple of days and no-one else to blame than one's self smile_o.gif

Which has been written from the start in the readme, website, wiki etc. that Official Gamepatches will need the language patcher removed, aswell as help was written down on how to proceed smile_o.gif It is also globally written in the bis-patch info that you need unmodified game-content smile_o.gif

People don't wish to read, so yeah .. own fault if ur messing with such problems for a couple of days and no-one else to blame than one's self smile_o.gif

Couldn't have said it any better lol

Bugged installer? Could BI consider releasing a download of the pbo's separately or an alternate .exe or something perhaps debugging the installer?

I have Downloaded 5 versions of the patch, reinstalled the game each time, Reg cleaned, cleaned all references to the demo etc etc any ideas?

here are just the first few error msgs, each time it seems to be different the latest included the weapons/misc/plants/ca/sara pbo's and varying xdelta3 errors.

505 retail DVD, Clean install, ie no mods etc worked fine

------------------------------------------------------------------

Euro Patch...ignored errors

European DVD Version

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (ab31ad90!=abde821a)

International patch...ignored errors

European DVD Version

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Euro Patch....ignored errors

European DVD Version

----------------------------------------------------------------

Clean reinstall,renamed any remain folders etc, reg clean, reboot,

Euro patch....aborted install

European DVD Version

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

Euro patch....ignored errors

European DVD Version

Error found in file AddOns\weapons.pbo (ae466a3c!=cb2c3198)

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (ab31ad90!=011bed0b)

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\MISC.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WEAPONS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------

re-downloaded Euro patch from different site.....aborted install

European DVD Version

Error found in file AddOns\misc.pbo (2f8b9aae!=d4cb97b8)

Error found in file AddOns\plants.pbo (f292329d!=7bbba427)

Are you using a download accelarator?

If you are not, then suggest you do. Any lost interrupted data will corrupt the final download.

Also, don't install the game with a V scanner running.

I downloaded the 1.05 European patch from http://www.armedassault.com/dwnl_update.html and it worked first time. So i can't see it being a corrupt installer etc.

Thanks for all the suggestions, trust me here as I don't want to go through each point by point but I have tried them all, except the download accelerator idea.

I don't KNOW I am just questioning if there maybe any issues for others with the installer

Nothing else running but system, system health checked ... HDs etc etc, 4 different sources of patch.

I am not a computer geek but I have owned and built my pcs for nearly 20 years .... yikes!!!

Since game patches were sent to you on 1.44mb disks for free by the companies lol

I started on text only RPGs on BBCb, through Elite etc etc

What I find bugs me these days with Games is that the GFX seem to come before game play BIS would have been better off extending Flashpoint game play far more than they have and ensuring that in NORMAL settings the game runs smoothly.

I had hope for more 'simulation' but the Helos for example worse than Flashpoint..... any way thats all a different subject.

Thanks for all the suggestions, trust me here as I don't want to go through each point by point but I have tried them all, except the download accelerator idea.

I don't KNOW I am just questioning if there maybe any issues for others with the installer

Nothing else running but system, system health checked ... HDs etc etc, 4 different sources of patch.

I am not a computer geek but I have owned and built my pcs for nearly 20 years .... yikes!!!

Since game patches were sent to you on 1.44mb disks for free by the companies lol

I started on text only RPGs on BBCb, through Elite etc etc

What I find bugs me these days with Games is that the GFX seem to come before game play BIS would have been better off extending Flashpoint game play far more than they have and ensuring that in NORMAL settings the game runs smoothly.

I had hoped for more 'simulation' but the Helos for example worse than Flashpoint..... any way thats all a different subject.

Tried playing with the failed patch and got all the memory, lag and texture problems memtioned elsewhere so I have gone back to 1.04 for now

I have sympathy for BIS they have tried, its just seems to have all been about looks and not the gameplay.

Modded Flashpoint is a better game COC,SLX etc love the wounded Mod

I went not through all the posts here now, but are you patching from 1.0 or 1.02/1.04 ?

Overall this looks to me like a broken patch download. But if you downloaded it already from different sources this might be a bit weird.

In addition to the download manager you could try the bittorrent download of the patch, if you're familiar with this system that is.

Hi all!

I got the same problems with installing the patch 1.05.

At first i installed the game originally and used a crk bcause i dont wanted to change the disks... i installed the patch and everything went fine except for the aiming problem (Its the best copyprotection!wink_o.gif.

So i deleted the complete game, even the savegames and reg entries and tried to install it from scratch with 1.05. And now i cant install the patch anymore...

I got the same Errors as mentioned above and i tried all the possible solutions given in this topic and nothing helped me out of this prob. My system is a Win XP SP2 with all the newest drivers.

I am very upset about this... I downloaded this patch 6 times from different servers, i installed the game manually but nothing....What really P.... me off is that it worked properly at version 1.0 (i have the german version).

Please can somebody help me out before i really lose my temper and sell this game .....?

Thank you all in advance!

p.s: YES, I DO OWN AN ORIGINAL ARMA VERSION!!

@DPhreeze

Sit down, relax and start over. smile_o.gif

Uninstall ArmA and clean Reg.

Install 1.0 and then go via 1.02 first.

Attempt 1.05 international.

Dont use no-DVD, DT, Y**U, language patch.

What gives?

Be specific about eventually occuring errors.

Three months been trying....it still gives:

Then I applied Arma_Euro104Update105.zip patch with following log:

European DVD Version

Error found in file AddOns\voice.pbo (9b13ca6f!=b3021fdb)

Error found in file AddOns\wheeled.pbo (aa77d69f!=742837fd)

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (ab31ad90!=f32de6a1)

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WHEELED.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Successfully, yeah.

Seems quite hopeless.