Sign in to follow this  
norsu

Ideas to improve the MP server browser

ArmA finally has a somewhat decent server browser, but there's always room for improvements. Here's my suggestion:

mpwindow_idea.jpg

As you can see I've added borders to make it easier to read the server info. Also instead of the old player list I've added a button to open a more complete list of players and their current scores smile_o.gif.

It would be nice to drag the borders to vary their width so you can see the full name of some servers or maps. More detailed difficulty settings would rock so you can see who is using 3rd person for example.

The slot count is still false, it's one more than it should. A 40 slot map shows as 41.

I also hope BIS put in the password feature from OFP. If the server is without password, it should accept any password. So next time you protect the server with the clan password, clan members can enter straigt ahead.

When you remove the password, players are not forced to do anything before they reenter.

Not a important issue, just a small ting.

Regards

It would be nice to drag the borders to vary their width so you can see the full name of some servers or maps.

Or better yet, a tooltip popup when hovering over the name/map for a second