Sign in to follow this  
Rambo-16AAB

CTI in 1.05 , Fixed ?

Has the annoying Red spawning at Blue main base bug been fixed yet in CTI on 1.05 ??

Plenty of people crying out for this game type to work.

well a few of us tried it earlier on and we kept spawning at AI held towns, dying immediately so.... sad_o.gif

Ok, so thats a no then.

The CTI in the demo worked better, atleast it only suffererd from bogging bown due to the high piles of dead bodies.

The cti in 1.05 is better than the demo one.

But the game still keep decreasing performance over time. There is no cleaning script, piles of bodys and wreckage.

The cti in 1.05 is better than the demo one.

But the game still keep decreasing performance over time. There is no cleaning script, piles of bodys and wreckage.

I was running the server that acid was on.

It started off fine then slowly but surely ate all available CPU cycles.

It would be good if we could just turn off AI for this mode.

Its a problem with all long running MP missions. The accumulation of dead bodies & wreckage means the server has more info to update to every new player that joins the game, causing the progressive death of the server.

BIS needs to implement a server option for body deletion, rather than relying on map makers to come up with solutions to the issues.

We played it for a couple of hours last night and after a while the paradrops just stopped coming so we couldn't make any remote bases.

IMHO, this mission suffers from 2 fatal flaws: the paradrops rely entirely on server-controlled AI and the supply convoy is totally reliant on a server-controlled AI with bad pathfinding to drive a ways to a territory.

I think those items should be player controlled. It'd be really nice to have a dedicated person who ferries over paratroopers and another to drive supply trucks. Relying on AI to do the job is somewhat foolish.

The JIP for that mission also doesn't get the proper variables to bring newcomers up to speed. I crashed out at one point and when I returned, all the flags were orange, and I couldn't see any flags either team owned.

Pressing Esc. too while waiting to respawn... tends to kill you.

Sometimes the blue respawn markers display the entire map and you have to click around to find the right one.

Otherwise, I thought it wasn't bad. (Was on karrs server playin a few hours as well). I noticed some vehicles never respawned by our main base (mainly choppers).

Quote[/b] ]IMHO, this mission suffers from 2 fatal flaws:  the paradrops rely entirely on server-controlled AI and the supply convoy is totally reliant on a server-controlled AI with bad pathfinding to drive a ways to a territory.

I think those items should be player controlled.  It'd be really nice to have a dedicated person who ferries over paratroopers and another to drive supply trucks.  Relying on AI to do the job is somewhat foolish.

I agree it would be a nice option for player control. But it does not bode well for persistent games in general, if we can't rely on the AI for things like this. I think path-finding problems for convoys, need a scripted fix?